Big Eyes, Small Mouth (BESM): In the Shadows of the City - Affinities

Kaori Aoyama

So I was just thinking... what element do you think, out of Earth, Wind, Fire, Water, Wood, Light and Shadow do you think clicks best with your PC?

Here's my picks...

Kaori - Shadow

Kinobi - Light

James - Light

Kage - Wood

Shin - Water

Jo - Fire!

Kenichi - Fire

Skye - Wind

Kazuo - Earth

Keiko - Light

I don't consider myself to be especially good at this kind of thing, but I think - as it stands (it's early in the game, after all) - I pretty much agree with all of Rev's picks. Kage and Kenichi haven't posted a whole lot yet, so I might revise my picks for them later, but for now I'd go with wood and fire, respectively.

Hmm, here's how I see it.

Kaori - Stone (stolid and dependable; haven't seen much darkness in her yet, but you might know something I don't)

Kinobi - Light (same as James)

James - Light (holy and all)

Kage - ??

Shin - Water

Jo - Fire!

Kenichi - Shadow

Skye - Wind (no argument there)

Kazuo - Earth

Keiko - Light (I don't think she could be anything else)

Adrian: It's not a game mechanic, just something to think about in terms of which of the "traditional" RPG elements suits your character.

My take (some of these are tricky):

Kaori - Earth seems like a good guess, but maybe Shadow, as well. She -is- using a dark/demonic sword, after all.

Kinobi - Light, or maybe Water.

James - Fire, maybe? I don't see him as "Light" at all.

Kage - No clue. Don't have enough info.

Shin - Water, or possibly Earth.

Jo - Fire! (As in, "Ready, aim..." wink )

Kenichi - Not enough info.

Skye - Wind, definitely.

Kazuo - Shadow or Fire. He seems too hot-headed and impulsive for Earth, to me.

Keiko - Light, obviously.

Originally Posted By: Dawn, OOC

Kaori - Stone (stolid and dependable; haven't seen much darkness in her yet, but you might know something I don't)

There is some back story, yes. However the element of Shadow is not always associated with 'evil' or 'darkness'. It can sometimes be found associated with characters, despite being one of the 'good guys', who have sacrificed something special in the pursuit of a passion or belief system. Kaori, despite her back story has sacrificed her emotions and closed her mind to the world for the sake of her art.

This is why she doesn't believe in demons, is cold and tactless, and will never be half the Kensai her grandfather was. A heart that can not let love in, will forever be in darkness.

Archived