Aberrant: Stargate Universe - Table Talk - General OOC Thread.

Mr Fox

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I think there's more than a little confusion ATM - as Gen. Laundry stated for us to take two SUVs and there's four (five if three people cram into the back) seats in an SUV, here's a breakdown of who's in what SUV (in order of placement):

First SUV:

Kyria - back seat

Dec - back seat

Gwyn - front seat, driver

Yseult - front seat, passenger

Second SUV:

Aradia - front seat, passenger

Cam - started in front seat, driver then states moved to back seat (although also states he smiled at Kyria, perhaps he meant Aradia?)

Omar - front seat, passenger (but this seat was already occupied by Ari, so that she could hook her iPod into the radio).

I think Cam's just in the first SUV and you and Omar are the only two in the second one. Is Livy the only one left to post showing up?

Really, unless Fox is planning a mid-trip assault or something, it really doesn't matter. We all pile into SUV's, put up with each other in close quarters for the duration of the 25 drive, and then get to the rest of the story.

I just thought Omar sitting on Aradia's lap was a rflmao moment. grin

Yeah, I was thinking of the larger ones. Really, though, why don't we just wait for everyone to put up their 'yeah, I'm here' posts (along with any other sort of funny business they'll be doing ala Kyria and her blanket), and then see if we get travelling music or a request from Fox to finish out Aradia's chart on who is where.

Omar is not small. There is really no way he could fit anywhere but in a front seat. That his post came after the others does not eliminate the reality that Omar would have to sit somewhere he could fit. Unless you wanted him to sit with his knees jammed against his chest, where a simple stretch of his legs would destroy the seat in front of him (and injure its occupant too).

Omar could always get out and run.

Yeah, no offense or anything, but it also provided an opportunity for - you know - character interaction. Just a thought. But consider Aradia duly moved to the back seat. I'll change the post when I get back from class. I'll just make sure to remember that you're only in this game for combat and not actual interaction with any of the other characters, for future reference. It's good to know.

In case you guys were not aware, I have been extremely busy at work (where I have no computer access), and at home (where I am preparing for the arrival of a newborn). So if you have questions as to why I am not devoting all of my free time to a GAME, please, by all means...ask.

It's not like any of you have actually sent me a tell inviting me for any interaction anyways.

Invites aren't usually necessary unless you're doing a private fic with people, Omar.

I wasn't going to reply to this before...mostly because of personal reactions. However, you're being just as snippy as Aradia was and I called her out on it, so please cut it out. No, we don't expect you to spend all your waking time devoted to this game. Please. That's purile to even insinuate.

If you want people to want to fic with you, to want to interact with Omar, then you need to have people wanting to interact with -you- as the player, even more than their interest in interacting with your PC. Your rather consistant antogonistic/arrogant attitude in OOC chatter is good part of why I, at least, don't really seek you out as a writing/fic partner. I don't like dealing with the drama or with your particular style of RP with Omar.

I'm not saying you need to change, I'm not commenting on the quality of a person you are at all. I'm pointing to actions and perceptions that make me less inclined to want to interact with you or your PC's. I know there are people on the boards that have similar (or even stronger) opinions and reactions to myself. We generally don't play in games together anymore or at least our characters don't interact much. So it goes.

Finally....congrats on the impending kid, man! I wasn't aware you had an expecting wife (or didn't remember....more likely....swiss cheese memeory for personal details and all) until this stint of OOC posts. Good luck!

I'm here. It's been a busy week or two. Work is kinda rough right now. Last month they announced layoffs in the 'October/November time frame' and called for volunteers to take a package and leave. No one volunteered to take the non-existent package. I say non-existent because there is no difference between what they were offering and what employees normally get if they are laid off so no incentive to leave. Anyway, I've been working pretty hard to remain one of the folks to survive the cuts, and here we are Thanksgiving week and still they haven't laid anyone here off, so we've gone for the last month with the big 'you're out of a job' axe hanging over our heads. Makes for a lot of stress and less time online than normal.

My apologies for leaving you guys hanging, this place is one of my outlets that keep me sane even if I haven't had much time the last couple weeks for sanity checks.

*hugs* That sucks. Well, the threat part, not the not getting fired part. Is there anything we can do to help?

I've got enough spare time right to pick up with anything you'd want me to. I could run an interim storyline ala the Land of Lost (in terms of being out of timeline until we feel like sticking it in), or pick up with one of the ones you've got going right now, if that would help you just relax and enjoy playing for a bit. Just let me know. smile

Thanks for the hugs and the offer. Being Thanksgiving week things should be slow at work. (Quickly knocks on wood to avoid the cosmic smackdown that making such a statement can invoke.) With luck I should be able to get everything caught up. If I'm not caught up by Friday I'll take you up on your offer, or allow you to take over the Washington thread or Land of the Lost.

Originally Posted By: Omar
This is more like it.

Even though it hurt, Omar was glad it had happened: He felt alive. The thrill of combat, the pain of an opponents shot getting through his defenses, the keening of his brain and senses.

This made me giggle 'cause it makes Omar sound like a masochist. bamlaugh

Nice to see you around again, I hope everything is going well with the new baby!

Dammit. I tried everything I could think of so you guys could see a pic of her, but the files are too large to upload here.

I do have facebook, and they are posted up there. If you want a facebook invite, send me a PM and name. I never use Myspace anymore, and will delete it. I just got tired of the spam.

Thanks Dawn, but I'm not sure how we would work that.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived