Aberrant: Quantum Identity - New game, Aberrant: Quantum Identity.

lead

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PMs addressed. So as you are going to be the foremost novas of the generation, what do you guy want to do? I've got a fairly plot driven story written on the back of my skull, but I'd also like your thoughts as well.

For me the themes of this character are about the juxtaposition. The distinction between a sweet young girl who wants nothing more than to help others around aher and a juggernaut built for war. The distinction between being so vulnerable and then invulnerable. Not quite a coming of age story but definitely one showing how the world can tarnish the innocence of youth...or maybe it can't.

Sorry that's so vague but without understanding more about your unique vision/cosmology Im trying to stick to the underlying themes.

I suppose there is also a possible conflict with Darren as well, in that he can access the best (and worst) of humanity with his telepathy, but is also subject to influence from tapping into the mindset of the animal kingdom through his Animal Mastery. Both sides will influence his development over time with gains in new/improved mental powers (intuition, mirage, hypnosis, mental blast, channeling telepathy are all possibilities), but also animalistic ones (like body mods, claws, and eventually shapeshift?)

Not sure if that helps at all? smile

Originally Posted By: lead
No Eufiber withoutt great reasoning, each level of mega attribute gives an enhancment, and a new background call Genetic Superiority. It describes how complex the genetic information necessary for eruption is in the indivdual. Divis Mal has a maxed this. Novas with a high rating are such specimins that will erupt regardless of ambiant quantum energies or the crash.
* Average nova
0 +1 quantum pool, + 1 quantum per turn
00 +2 quantum pool, + 2 quantum per turn
000 +3 quantum pool, + 3 quantum per turn
0000 +4 quantum pool, + 4 quantum per turn
00000 - 1 exp total exp cost when purchasing quantum, megas, powers, extras and enhancements.

Does it also improve Q recovery like Node does?

Hmmm. What to play, what to play.

I am certainly in, but what to play?

I don't want to copy either my ITB char or my EDEN char (which is still in the works Rorx - sorry for the delay).

This will take me a few days minimum to come up with. Once my head clears of this pesky flu.

EDIT: A magic style Nova has been up there on my list for some time. Eruption via ordeals of ritual magic in some classic mystery cult style occult society. Some Ars Magica inspiration may be forthcoming smile

So far we have a 8 year old girl turning into a berserk huge monster, a forester turned psychic, with animal influence, a doctor healer, and then there is to be one more character in the party that is going to be both the glue and part of the reason for certain future events but that’s not important yet.

Yay for the forum! Thanks Chosen.

I am starting to cobble together my background. With roots as far back as Pythagoras on the Isle of Samos. Instead of basing a power concept on a comic book or on science, this one will be oriented along the lines of classical/hermetic metaphysics (well, a scanty version of a mystery cult).

I honestly thought that it already did, misread on my part. So, my vote would be that it does, even if it's only +1regen/2lvls. Also, are there any dots in genetic superiority beyond the standard 5? That would be interesting.

Second, as I told lead in PM's, the idea of Scott is standing between the innocents and the bad guys that would hurt them as well as actively helping the good guys and innocents.

Lastly, I'd just like to point out one thing that I wouldn't like to see that much of, philosophy. I'm perfectly content (and Scott will be as well) with saying that he got these new powers, and that he'll use them for the good of humanity. I guess I'm just trying to say that I don't want this game to get too heady. I have some very strong personal beliefs and ideals, and in all honesty I'd prefer to just not get into that here (especially with the GM, because what they say goes in their world, regardless).

So no Tarantino-cum-Wachowski extended monologues of philosophical exposition? smile

Personally I don't mind at least some delving of thought into the deeper layers of things. Its what seperates the meat from the fluff. I would also point out to SG that your character usually but not always has differing personal beliefs and ideals. Or are you making a "you" character?

SL, I'm not making a 'me' character, per-se. I've found out, through my RP experiences, that I am a 'method actor', meaning that I have to, momentarily, 'become' my character, mentally. As such, while I have strong religious beliefs (and thus philosophical, ideological, scientific, political, etc.), I try and stay away from most of that with my characters. When RP'ing, I'm a big proponent of the 'generic right thing', or 'natural law' as some have said, and not much interested in the why's (because it's so diverse and such a hot topic, and it's hard for me to keep my character and me separate when we go there).

I can go deep into relationships, logic, and other topics, but this is one that I try and stay away from.

No worries SG, I doubt anyone here wants to make you uncomfortable.

As I can only truely speak for myself: you will find that Stavros also wants the generic 'right thing', though he isn't going to be a saint or anything. He certainly won't be public with his metaphysical views, as he is part of a secret society smile

Guess what?

Everyone that has had their character ok'd by me can start a thread Named after his character, starting directly before his abduction.

Sorry A:ItB. Its meant in the best possible way that isn't mockery. It believe its a cool idea.

Archived