Sign in to follow this  
Sign in to follow this  
lead

Aberrant: Quantum Identity - New game, Aberrant: Quantum Identity.

lead    0

Was just wondering what every one thinks about a new aberrant game. Not necessarily and most likely not me. Just trying to gauge interest.

SkyLion    1

Um..I am always game! I have yet more character conepts that would love to see the light of IC text. But why do you ask, if not yourself who plans to create such a thing? Do you know someone with that desire? smile

lead    0

Alright, Ive been thinking and that has led to me several ideas for a game, but I'd need players. This is to be a game with a small cast of pcs and rather campaign driven. Right now I'm just looking for players. I'm also reading books so the start won't be anything like immediate. Anything I do will probably diverge from canon eventually so expect it.

(possible) Game Details as of yet

*Non galatean novas.

*Aliens

*Starts a week before the crash

*50 np starting package.

*Me poking my head in to see what a character is really like and stuff.

*A sort of collective pc. More on this later. THink of him as the glue.

Post or PM me.

Rorx    3

Add me in lead smile

With it starting a week before the crash does that mean we are baseline until then, or does the nonGalatean mean we would already have erupted?

lead    0

The game is set to start the week before the crash. Your character either erupted and was kidnapped, or was kidnapped and erupted, or was just kidnapped as of yet but will erupt soon.

All character as going to be erupting before the crash. Well thats the plan. If you have ideas about what that means or other questions go head and PM me.

hey and go head and send it to me, and the sheet to if you have that.

Stargaizer    2

I don't know. I have an idea that I'd like to work with, and 50np would be very helpful. I'll see if I have the time to do a second game. It might just be that Joe's going a bit slower than I'd prefer, and that once it picks up it'll be all I can handle. I'll just have to see how things go over the next few weeks (while I get adjusted to my new job).

I'd like to give this a shot.

lead    0

Well planning and devolpment are still in the begining stages right now so you don't have to commit but as I'm looking for a smaller number of players I can't be sure a spot will stay open.

Rorx    3

Any limits on Nationality or location when kidnapped, as at least one of the ideas I had was initially for a british person/location?

lead    0

Three to four players really is what I'm looking for maybe five or six if this suddenly blows up.

No limits on nationality.

lead    0

No Eufiber withoutt great reasoning, each level of mega attribute gives an enhancment, and a new background call Genetic Superiority. It describes how complex the genetic information necessary for eruption is in the indivdual. Divis Mal has a maxed this. Novas with a high rating are such specimins that will erupt regardless of ambiant quantum energies or the crash.

* Average nova

0 +1 quantum pool, + 1 quantum per turn

00 +2 quantum pool, + 2 quantum per turn

000 +3 quantum pool, + 3 quantum per turn

0000 +4 quantum pool, + 4 quantum per turn

00000 - 1 exp total exp cost when purchasing quantum, megas, powers, extras and enhancements.

SkyLion    1

so its basically like Node, but without adding taint at higher dots and it gives us a bigger pool??? Thats cool...is there a reason we should bother buying Node now?

SkyLion    1

ah yes, so having a 4 in genetic superiority is like having node 2. or having node 2 and GS 4 you would have the normal equivalent of between node 3 and 4. Not sure how worth it it is for the 5th dot though. 1 xp aint that much but then again background dots are cheap...

SkyLion    1

I got ya. I was just saying that 1 xp of a savings isnt so great that i would go for it. Even less if you were buying with xp...it would cost 8 xp to buy the 5th dot to save 1 xp!

lead    0

But you'd get one xp off for the rest of it permantly. Increase your quantum capabilities more then eight times and its paid for. After that your spending less XP then the rest of everyone.

If you can think of anything that might be an alternitive let me know. And that goes out to all of you

SkyLion    1
Originally Posted By: lead
But you'd get one xp off for the rest of it permantly. Increase your quantum capabilities more then eight times and its paid for. After that your spending less XP then the rest of everyone.

If you can think of anything that might be an alternitive let me know. And that goes out to all of you

That doesnt make sense! if you mean Quantum. Quantum is ratingx8. So if I have rating 4 then its going to cost me 32 points to raise to Q5...or if I have GS 5 it will cost 31 points. Or am I not understanding correctly?

lead    0

Sorry man, but I have to ask, do you think it would be a medium or low level taint to makes all your effects look campy?

But the genetics thing, thats going to be sorta importent and central to the plot.

Kidding. Kidding.

lead    0

But it'd be funny. The only nova who looks like he'd running in front of a green screen at n miles per hour.

So who do we talk about for a forum?