World of Darkness: Attrition - Official OOC Thread

Dave ST

It's more of a Scooby-Doo type gang, I'd say. Except, it's full of monsters that not only are real, but they can disembowel a normal human in a matter of seconds.

Out of curiosity, what is the Resolve of the average Hunters? Of Crusader Irons? Because the Growth of the Ivy contract could do some serious damage by turning their desire to kill us into a desire to kill each other...

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No one knows their stats. Once you're aware of the happenings IC you could attempt such maneuver and simply wait to see what happens.

Keep in mind though these are Hunters, not humans who hunt. They have tricks up their sleeve just like the PCs do. wink

Originally Posted By: Jeremy Noctis
It's more of a Scooby-Doo type gang, I'd say.

Sarah is Velma...

And for the record... Velma was flippin' hawt.

Wait... Sarah is Velma...? *thinks about that*

*falls over laughing kicking his heels and clenching his gut*

XP is updated... it's only nearly a month late this time... I'm getting better at this.

You the deal people, if you have some fancy way of doing it, I didn't accommodate. I just gave it to you and left it for you to clean up. If I missed ya lemme know.

Lucien & Ariel, I've marked Hunters Hunted as done. Good place for it, I think; our next bit can be a new fic. Let's figure that for whatever reason, it took a lot longer to get encrypt-channel radios than we thought it would or something, or that we've had them for a while and have been doing some careful scouting along the warehouse district for the past few weeks before finding something interesting.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

OK. On purity (per what I just said in chat)....

Purity basically has three remaining things....

(1) Fight with the cannibal spirits. That'll be done cinematically, simply to get it done.

(2) Scouting the church basement. Dave, I'll need a little input from you on that one as Sarah scouts the place (and

maybe applied some silicon caulk to exterior window seams); specifically, if you have something in mind for what this basement is like for a descriptive, I'd like to use it.

(3) Actually attacking/subduing Swara Ann. That'll be a mess, even if the halon trick works, and we will definitely need your assistance, Dave (she's

very much your NPC).

If all of the above go well - or at least go survivable - then we can move to wrap phase. Finally.

I apologize for this whole damned thing taking so long.

Window of Opportunity needs some serious help. Adrian, Rorx, do you guys know enough that you can run us through an ending for that fic just to get us clear? If not do you guys have any idea what we can do to get past this thing? We're stuck almost a month behind real time and Jeremy appears to have abandoned the site.

• 2 weeks later...

Dave, in Purity how long will it take Moss to reach it to the combat zone, or should I just assume it will be too late?

He is currently in wolf form sprinting for the zone from about half a block away from the church, if that makes any difference.

Originally Posted By: Rorx
Dave, in Purity how long will it take Moss to reach it to the combat zone, or should I just assume it will be too late?

He is currently in wolf form sprinting for the zone from about half a block away from the church, if that makes any difference.

Eh, not to far by 'wolf hauling ass' standards. Give Amber and Sarah a few whacks at her then just hop in. Since it doesn't appear initiative or anything like that is going to happen we can just free-form the scene.

Rorx, Max, you're free to post in the combat of the battle now. It's been long enough that you're there at this point.

Combat is free form, there is no initiative so just get in there. Keep in mind that if you go wonky with this and just think you hammer the gal with claw and tooth before I can get home and post that she'll get her licks in before she takes a fall. Be smart and have fun.

Oh, and before any rules lawyers throw a book at me... Swara is taking on 4 on 1. She doesn't follow standard rules. She may attack or take a standard dice action (like use a skill) as well as a mystic action such as draw on a gift or use a numina without penalty. She is flesh that acts on its own as well as spirit that may act on its own.

Swara is not in her Garou form, Rorx.

Also if he shifted reflexively and avoided rolling his pool to shift (which I assume he did since there is no roll listed for the shift) please state that so we know what's going on.

• 1 month later...

I think we've got a miscommunication going.

Dave, you noted in the Shout Box that: "The Wolf is to the right of the cross, if Sarah is in front of the cross Moss is still unprotected. Sarah could not actively defend Moss this round."

However, in the scene description, you said that: "To the right of the cross, in a boxed cage comprised of wisping shadows paced a massive white wolf. Its fur in this place shimmered with a near holy radiance. To the left of the cross dangling from ropes twisted from shadow-stuff a lovely young woman in her Sunday summer dress swayed about quietly with the creaking of the ropes making the only sound."

My action as stated was this: "And her feet didn't take her directly toward the monster in their midst. Instead, she made for a point in front of the crucifix, turning to face the horror and cover Moss' back."

Unless I'm badly mistaken, the cross is between the hanging girl where the ghost-thing is oozing about, and the white wolf where No_Moss is yanking at the bars... placing Sarah between what she takes as the ghost-thing and No_Moss. Or am I completely missing something here?

- Jess

Your missing something.

There is Swara, the cross, then the wolf.

In front of the cross is the Spirit, where it oozed too.

No Moss dashed up to the cage, nearly three steps from the bad guy and is rattling the cages bars, leaving his back completely exposed.

Sarah had to stand from being kicked over. Getting up, moving to intercept, and using a social skill are a bit much all in the same turn.

I'll doodle a pic if I have to.

Heh, I'd thought of it a different way with two side aisles next to the walls and a central aisledown to the cross. I had assumed that Moss had gone down the aisle by the wall to get to the cage away from the 'ghost'. Nevermind - whatever you think Dave.

Well, I ain't perfect so I understand that just because I see it my head one way doesn't necessarily mean that I've been able to convey that properly into my posts. I think we all suffer from this at times.

I'm flexible and willing to work with people.

Rorx - You entered at the center aisle, to run around the outside then down the side aisle, then to the cage would have grossly exceeded your character's movement rate. It's for this reason I assumed center aisle. smile

No prob Dave.

When I get the chance, assuming I survive wink I'll move around the cage so it is more between me and what I assume will become a fight with the ghost. If I don't seem to be getting anywhere with the bars or talking to Swara in a couple of turns I intend joining into the fight.

It's simple. We're werewolves. To us, the wolf is the more promising ally, as it represents her feral self. In fact, it feels like the girl is a decoy and the wolf is the real Swara Ann. laugh Just giving you a player's pov.

At least, that was my reasoning; I almost did the same. However, Amber would much rather just go after her enemy.

Archived