Aberrant: The Middle Children of History - Fic Collaboration: It's my Party...

There was no movement in this, and it'd be a shame to have it die. Since we're doing a volleyball game, and I think that no one is sure how to proceed, I'd like to suggest that we use this thread to determine who gets on what team and who if anyone wins. Then the next person to post adds that in their post and the game is done.

Does that sound good?

Works for me. PW would stick fairly close to Phaethon and far from Citronic, but bet on her trying for the team that has Raijin on it (we gods gotta stick together). She's not a dreadful player - decent Dex and Athletics - but she's definitely out of the league of the 5/5 physical-oriented types, so she's likely to not be a net asset for her team.

El will join either team. Just don't make the birthday girl last pick. smile

Also, keep in mind that a volleyball will only stand up to so much damage before it is ruined. That's ok though, I'm sure they have lots of volleyballs.

I suggest:

Mech

PW

Katsuro

Nodespark

Phae

vs.

Raijin

Infinity

Elspeth

Stanley

Sky, assume please, that they can be persuaded by the birthday girl (it would be rude to deny the host wink ). The reasoning for this is htat Raijin and Stan are pretty physical, while Infi and El isn't; the other five have three pretty physical with one who doesn't know the rules and two non-physicals.

Thoughts?

Further investigation reveals.

Elspeth:

Athletics: 8 + 1 Mega

Augments: Luck, Intuition, (both highly useful), teleport, telekinesis, Birthday Girl.

Nodespark:

Athletics: 10

Augments: none.

Raijin:

Athletics: 11+1

Augments: Enhanced Movement, Flight, Teleport, Analzyze Weakness, Ripple Shield

Infinity Jones:

Athletics: 5

Augments: none.

Ptesan-Wi:

Athletics: 6

Augments: Telekinesis

Phaethon:

Athletics: 9+1 Mega

Augments: Enhanced Movement, Hyperflight

Mech:

Athletics: 10+1

Augments: Clone, Shapeshift (extra limbs) + Omnidex, Teleport, Flight

I don't have stats for (the late) Stanley or Katsuro, so if Info can post up their relevant stats we can get an accurate comparison.

Sky, we really don't need to overanalyze this. Really. Let's just get the fiction rolling again. While we sit here and crunch numbers, the fiction doesn't get worked on. Forget the numbers. Let's wing it. I mean, in real life, they wouldn't get to compare stats; they'd just divide the teams as best they could and try to have fun.

I'm not doing a sex-scene in the party fic.

I'm not doing a sex-scene in the party fic.

And... in case there was any question, I'm not doing a sex-scene in the party fic.

You may safely assume that if necessary, PW activates Iron Will and resists Raijin. That said, PW was already half-running toward the water when she slid out of her tunic; her focus is on a swim in the ocean, not on Thunder God's Mr. Happy (which should, in theory, be at least several meters behind her). I'd recommend - strongly, for the sake of something resembling decency if nothing else - that Raijin get himself and his giant tubesnake into the water, as the scene of him standing there on the beach in full salute whilst she dashes off diving into the surf is kinda... well, crudely comical comes to mind. Or - considering that nobody has reacted as yet to the, um, fullness of the post, that you perhaps edit out the engorged bit.

Who said anything about a sex scene? Raijin is a randy god of thunder, and he is unashamed of his impulses. He flew up next to PW and can fly into the water. I never said he was standing on the beach. However comment is duly noted.

• 3 weeks later...

Just thought I would mention, for those Elites still reamaining on the Island, like the one PW is talking to...that whole area is now shrouded in a *very* thick Fog, courtesy of Raijin.

I didn't make a roll but on Average we are talking a +11 difficulty to any sight based perception rolls into the area, which I did lessen to merely encompass the invaders rather than the whole island like he is capable of.

Fog takes effect in the round one uses it...there is no delayt and we are talking uber mastery level. And no Weather Manip wound not affect Q Attune outside of the fact that you would see that it is Raijin who is the one altering the weather. Don't need a mod to tell you that. wink

It is not the enhancement Quantum Attunement. It is the level 4 power Quantum Awareness.

I was speaking in terms of actions already declared for the same round. If it would make you feel better, we can ALL edit our posts to reflect an instantaneous fog bank, clap of thunder, and intimidation attempt that appears at almost the exact moment everyone makes their actions. For some we are talking about a 3 point difference in initiative against someone who is doing a multiple action. A multiple action in which 3 die are subtracted from the first, 4 from the second, and 5 from the third. (The Intimidation is considered an action- look at the example on pg. 110). I don't think the Mods remembered to factor that into the equation, because your Intimidation sucesses were made off a dice pool of 11, when it should have been 6.

I still don't see how weather manip would affect Q Awareness. Editing post is I think is hardly necessary but regarldess of dice pools he is still going to create thick fog in the space of an instant. I just wanted people to take it into account since its happening by the time they act. It is almost simul you are right though.

Archived