Batman: The Dark Knight

Matt

Ok, no spoilers... but the preview for the Watchmen movie was worth the price of admission, even if DK hadn't rocked (and rock it did indeed, my wife still hasn't stopped talking about it. She looked sad this afternoon, and I asked her what was wrong, she said 'I miss Batman'....)So, Watchmen preview... discuss.

Ok, no spoilers... but the preview for the Watchmen movie was worth the price of admission, even if DK hadn't rocked (and rock it did indeed, my wife still hasn't stopped talking about it. She looked sad this afternoon, and I asked her what was wrong, she said 'I miss Batman'....)So, Watchmen preview... discuss.

First of all, y'all should go see it again this weekend. If it wasn't sold out til Sunday I would see it 3 times this weekend. I want it to break the all time record for opening weekend by the abominable Spider Man 3. That's about 152 million. Anyone thing TDK could break 200 mil?

And as for Watchmen, for those who haven't seen it yet the trailer is here: http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer/watchmen/trailer

Thank you to SalmonMax for being Johnny on the Spot with that link yesterday.

I have to say it looks like it will be a fairly faithful adaptation. I am glad it is going for an R rating. I am glad they didn't decide that Doc Manhattan should be wearing underwear. I am less amused by some of the costumes. Ozymandias in particular. Both the actor and the costume don't seem well suited to the acrobatic regal man from the comic.

First of all, y'all should go see it again this weekend. If it wasn't sold out til Sunday I would see it 3 times this weekend. I want it to break the all time record for opening weekend by the abominable Spider Man 3. That's about 152 million. Anyone thing TDK could break 200 mil?

And as for Watchmen, for those who haven't seen it yet the trailer is here: http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer/watchmen/trailer

Thank you to SalmonMax for being Johnny on the Spot with that link yesterday.

I have to say it looks like it will be a fairly faithful adaptation. I am glad it is going for an R rating. I am glad they didn't decide that Doc Manhattan should be wearing underwear. I am less amused by some of the costumes. Ozymandias in particular. Both the actor and the costume don't seem well suited to the acrobatic regal man from the comic.

I just got back from seeing The Dark Knight. I really enjoyed it & think it was a lot better than Batman Begins. My only gripe with is is that it felt a little long in spots and the pacing was off. Without giving any spoilers I'll just say that it had a lot of great moments.

Looks like you get your wish, Sky, they put the revenue at $155.34 million, which beats SM3's opening weekend of $151.1... however, due to the slight rise in ticket prices, it looks like Spidey sold slightly more tickets... so it's kind of a Pyrrhic victory.

Archived