Aberrant: No Fate - Chapter 3: Deja Vu

Joani

Ronnie considered Keiko's offer for two seconds. However, the risk of Keiko learning her secrets was too great, even if Omega had messed with her memories. And Ronnie was sure that they had. Why not? May wasn't the kind of woman you trusted, not without some kind of backup or secondary plan.

But it would be interesting to see what Keiko helped Malcolm to remember, if he agreed to it.

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keiko gets an 'oh I get it' expression as Frag talks, and she nods. "You changed your face! I didn't recognize you."

She turns and nods to the others as they weigh in.

"Okay. Just you two then. Only, if they did all of you at once, I might have to UNdo you all at once. Just a warning there."

And with that, Keiko...seemed to do nothing. The most powerful of nova perceptions might have noticed a flicker as she stepped outside of time, and reached back to change what was.

Frag raises one...well not an eyebrow actually. The man's creamy dark skin is completely devoid of any sort of hair. Rather he raises the muscle above his eye from which an eyebrow would normally sprout and offers a sarcastic smile in exchange for the vampire's sneer.

"Oh don't play self-righteous Terat with me...what was it...Nosferatu? You of all people should understand the Hunger. You and I, we're both predators. Only difference is I require juice from Novas to get by. We all do what we have to..."

"Anyways, thanks for your concern." The big man seems a bit irritated, but takes a deep breath and visibly lets it go.

"So. What's the plan? Our cutie powerhouse here can freeze the target, but what then? As soon as we unfreeze him he bolts. One possibility is for me to surround him and suck his juice out, but then again, a cornered animal is the most visious. I have seen Novas, dry on juice and backed into a corner nearly kill themselves for one last burst of power. We need a solid angle on this or it's going to end badly..."

Nosferatu wanted to shake his head in sadness, but realized it was important to make Frag think he sympathized. Sometimes you just had to let a fellow nova wallow in his self-imposed ignorance. Eventually Frag would come around to the realization that the zips used nova for their own benefit, and not for that of the One Race. The important part was that they needed Frag's skills, and not to alienate him to their mission.

"You drain him of his juice, and I drain him of his life and he will be helpless." Nosferatu said with a toothy smile. "If he burns what's left of his life, for energy, then he will end up killing himself." A distant longing spread across Nosferatu's face. "While he's immobilized, I could take a pint or two as well."

Sean had remained silent for a while considering the options. He was fairly sure he didn't trust Omega Corp. There was just something about having his memories altered that went against the grain. Sure there were circumstances that he could imagine under which he would allow it for his own survival, and the OC would have him believe he had done so. It was just too convenient. "Kieko, I'd like you to do your mojo on me and undo whatever the OC has done to me."

• 3 weeks later...

Archived