Adventure! RPG - An Interesting thought

Kirby1024

I thought of this from looking at all Three forums.

Divis Mal will obviously be starring in Adventure (or at least have some sort of role). Considering that he will likely be a Nova, is it possible that other members of Aeon (ie founder Mercer) could be Novas/Psychomorphs/Whatever?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
Originally posted by Kirby1024:
I thought of this from looking at all Three forums.

Divis Mal will obviously be starring in Adventure (or at least have some sort of role). Considering that he will likely be a Nova, is it possible that other members of Aeon (ie founder Mercer) could be Novas/Psychomorphs/Whatever?

We are not sure about this stuff. They could well be. There is only one paramorph, and some people have been speculating that Mercer is the paramorph. He certainly has a strong charisma and guiding vision.
Hey, we do not really know whether the Novas and psions have been around for centuries or not. Some thought!

AEON

------------------
My aim is to live forever, or die trying. So far so good. :-)

It will be interesting to see what direction they mean to take this. Clearly, there is no good or bad guy in this epoch. More likely, just good and bad decisions. The 1920's is an interesting time to many Americans. WWI was the first time that our nation was taken seriously on the world stage as well as the first real hint that the British Empire might not last forever. The whole world was a great mystery to so many of us. There were so many 'dark' frontiers to cross and cultures to discover. For the first time in Western Civilization, a transplanted culture came close to eclipsing its motherland. Alot of the ideas of cultural succession come from this time period. We did great things and horrible things, but deep down, we had this spirit of naivete that was gone all to fast. It will be good to see where this goes.

• 4 weeks later...

What if there is only one known Paramorph because, in the Adventure! era, there was no way to accurately differentiate between the varying types? I mean, they have given us three names for Adventure! era types of supers, but who's to say it's not an in-gmae type of classification based on outward "Physical" appearances of power?

------------------

The Eleventh Wonder of the World.

Hype, Sacrelige, Uniforms...

• 3 weeks later...

No, no, no!!!

Am I the onlt one who's getting fed up with WW's constant switching games and making new ones instead of giving the wonderful ones they allredy have a deacent chance?

Trinity has excellent chronicle material as do Aberrant! But instead it feals like they get tired of their own creations, kinda like children, and gets a new toy, forgetting about the old one...

Sorry if i'm not all that nice, but I'm tired and angry at WW right now...

------------------

Love & Kisses

Reaver

Sorry... But when I see the way WW has been handling their games since Werewolf came out the irritation just builds up inside me. My statement was just me sharing my pain...

(feel much better now, though)

But I really hope that WW completes their sagas of Aberrant/Trinity and not letting it go on and on and on and on and on.... (like everything else they published...)

If you hadn't noticed, I'm a big chronicles fan a'la Ars Magica or Chuthulu... smile.gif

------------------

Love & Kisses

Reaver

Reaver, as I use to tell my Mum, "At least you don't have to check out the sides of the road for my broken and twisted body cause I went out drinken and haven't made it home yet." It's our hobby, guys and girls. We put a lot of ourselves into it and like any relationship, it sucks to be let down or stepped on.

Quote:
Originally posted by Kirby1024:
Oh, and another question, I know what a psychomorph (psion) is, and I know what an eximorph is (nova), but what the hell is a paramorph? Is this a new, third type of human evolution? Can that little gene switch a third way?

Could it be that paramorphs are humans that have abilities derived from paranormal (i.e. magical, religious, supernatural) forces? I mean psions(psychomorphs) abilities come fro mthe mind(psyche). eximorphs(novas) abilities come from scientific/physical sources (quantum) exi being external?. So it would stand to reason that paramorphs abilities come from paranormal sources.

Maybe I am making too many assumptions but the naming scheme seems to fit. What do you think?

• 2 weeks later...

Things that I have read seem to indicate that Quantum energy and Psi energy are incompatible. Now it is possible that they only became incompatible after some calamitous event (Galitea explosion?), however I believe that is a flimsy excuse at best. I like the idea of a quasi-supernatural origin.

Actually one of the developers on the WW chat mentioned that at lower power levels the differences between Psi and Quantum are very little. He was referring to Paramorphs at the time so I would imagine that the Paramorph will be a low powered version of a mix between Psion and Nova....maybe.

Well, as I understand it, Quantakinetics is something that we are not advanced enough for yet. The Player's guide threw away the line "Maybe in a few thousand years...". Considering the rather random fashion of evolution, it could be that a few people lucked onto Quantakinetics early. They'd be exceedingly rare (even rarer than psiads and Novas (before N-day)), but I could imagine perhaps one per couple of centuries or so...

Quote:
Originally posted by Jager:
Reaver, as I use to tell my Mum, "At least you don't have to check out the sides of the road for my broken and twisted body cause I went out drinken and haven't made it home yet." It's our hobby, guys and girls. We put a lot of ourselves into it and like any relationship, it sucks to be let down or stepped on.

I doubt that Trinity will be one of the games that die without support from a company. It was presumed dead before and we survived, and WW or not we will continue to survive!

Aeon

Quote:
Ya bunch of die-hard fanatics. Brings a tear to my eye seeing such brave young men and women stepping up to ridicule of the gaming conglomerates. So, how many of you play(ed) Earthdawn?

I have many fond memories of Earthdwn because it was the first game that I ever played. I love the system and how the races each have a deep and believable culture. The system was not too fiddly and was a lot of fun to play (Windlings were too popular to use -"what do you mean that only 1% of the population are windlings!")

Also, Dwarves were the main inhabitants which was a welcome break!

Aeon

Quote:
I'll miss Earthdawn, but I still hope that the Dragons supplement will get out.

It is! You can get it free at the website! Unfortunately the majority of the art is not finished. Also, Earthdawn died with Fasa unfortunately. The new company that bought shadowrun and battle tech did not want poor old Earthdawn.

Site is http://www.fasa.com/earthdawn

Assuming it also has not been shut down.

Aeon

[This message has been edited by Aeon (edited 05-22-2001).]

In the Darkness Revealed trilogy, we learn that there is no genetic difference between an aberrant an a latent psi.

The rest of what I am about to share is from my memory of posts by Bates and Baugh, heavily salted with personal bias.

"There is only one paramorph." is an in-character statement. It is also a lie (or at least a colourful interpretation).

The difference between paramorph, eximorph, and psychomorph is a slim one, oft left up to circumstance. In the 1920's they called paramorphs "daredevils." In the 2020s they called eximorphs "novas." Psychomorphs are strong latents who developed psi abilities without the benifit of the prometheus chamber.

To our Swedish friend, be assured that two Trinity sourcebooks will be published this year, and a minimum of two will be published next year. Gone are the glossy colour pages, but we shall still have the same high-quality content.

The storyline will come to an eventual close.

Sadly, there will be no Storyteller's Guide. ST material will instead be "snuck into" the other publications. We must make the best of thin times.

Quote:
Originally posted by The Ranger:
Real pity about the storyline. I like things open ended. I heard July as a release date for the next book. Any news on that?

This year there is the Ministry book and the Norca book. Next year there is the ST guide AND the "Big Book of Aliens"! It will reveal a lot about theraces, and I reckon that removing the mystique is a bit of a shame...

Aeon

WAHOO!??

Where do you guys get this wonderful info??? I'm completely stunned by your inside info... Or are you just geeks? wink.gif

Anyways. Great news, even if it will take a while for the books to crawl all the way to Valhalla...

------------------

Love & Kisses

Reaver

Quote:
Originally posted by Sidious:
yeah but some of us refuse to go there now.

I make small raids on the website to ensure that I do not take large doses of rubbish forums that nobody should be bothered with.

Aeon

Quote:
Originally posted by Sidious:
yeah but some of us refuse to go there now.

Ah, Sidious, and don't forget, some of us don't go, and some of us can't go anymore. ;-) Of course, some of us also have bootleg secret ID's so we can spy on the "enemy." He he heh

actually I can still go to the main site and catalog and such. I can also go to the forums but my sidious id has been denied me there,and since I'm on RR and my ip hasn't changed yet I'm keeping it to work only (different ip and all).

but I really enjoy it less than before so I don't go as much as I used to. but yeah I flat out refuse to go there from my home in any case.

Well, my ID has also been banned, so I share your situation.

Also agree whole-heartedly: It's just not as fun. I've noticed that since the 'purge', everyone has either a) shut up completely, or B) toadied up to CH and told him how they think he's really nice and were so sorry if they offended him. Not this man. Ah well. When I get bored, I'll make my presence known on the WW Forum again. Mwahahahahahahaha!

Quote:
Originally posted by Final_Knight:
I've noticed that since the 'purge', everyone has either a) shut up completely, or B) toadied up to CH and told him how they think he's really nice and were so sorry if they offended him.

Excuse me, but when you say everyone you are including me in that statement. There are posts I am responsible for which, I thought, said tactfully that the blame lay with both sides. That both sides were making irresponsible statements.

I don't mean to interrupt the fun and angst of being the exiles but some people are getting their information from these forums and taking your statements as gospel. You are generalizing and it's beginning to sound like anyone not firmly on your side is therefore on "their side." I personally disagree and don't feel it's a zero sum game.

Besides, if this really is troubling you, then (I cannot believe I am going to offer this advice) call the bloody company and side-step the entire webmaster aspect. Its all very well to engage in guerilla email but this is a company as well as a game house. Maybe they don't act that way, but they have offices, accountants and managers. Make this work for you and start dropping dimes on their employees which, you as a customer are dissatisfied.

You can bring this to the attention of "the powers that be" and cause even greater levels of hate and discontent but maybe get some satisfaction as well. You can also check the entire sense of any identification with the company, I'm a gamer and you sell games, at the front door if decide to take this course of action. Half the problem on the posters side of the purge was assuming a that a degree of familiarity and association existed where there was none. Or at least not enough.

[This message has been edited by Wizard (edited 06-07-2001).]

Quote:
Originally posted by Wizard:
Excuse me, but when you say everyone you are including me in that statement. There are posts I am responsible for which, I thought, said tactfully that the blame lay with both sides. That both sides were making irresponsible statements.).

actually haven't read your post but do respect your pov.

Quote:
Besides, if this really is troubling you, then (I cannot believe I am going to offer this advice) call the bloody company and side-step the entire webmaster aspect. Its all very well to engage in guerilla email but this is a company as well as a game house. Maybe they don't act that way, but they have offices, accountants and managers. Make this work for you and start dropping dimes on their employees which, you as a customer are dissatisfied.

You can bring this to the attention of "the powers that be" and cause even greater levels of hate and discontent but maybe get some satisfaction as well. You can also check the entire sense of any identification with the company, I'm a gamer and you sell games, at the front door if decide to take this course of action. Half the problem on the posters side of the purge was assuming a that a degree of familiarity and association existed where there was none. Or at least not enough.

want to know something funny? I actually did ask for the customer service reps email and or phone number, the post was deleted (it was it's own thread) with in 2 hours. So either someone doesn't want us calling and bugging the guy or they don't want to get in trouble and want to make getting the info as hard as possible.

they guys name is Tim Avers, Customer and Public Relations. His email is tavers@white-wolf.com. Now why requesting this information would be seen as offensive or slamming ww is anyones guess. i finially found it in the bios section under more info. it's the last entery. Given how often they update other parts of the site I don't know if he still works for them or not.

It was shortly after my requests (2 of them) for the information i was booted. read what you will.

Quote:
actually haven't read your post but do respect your pov

Actually, you may have read it. It's the first post under the topic "Strange Developments" and the signature line is ticktock. It was rather rambling but it was intended to convey what an outsider (not WW staff or forum dweller) thought of the whole affair.

Yeah, the purge was a pretty silly response to the provocation but there was a definte dose of provocation in some of the posts. I think, optimist that I am, if we really knew what was happening with KB and company we'd be collectively embarrassed about the purge. But for that info to be shared, would require that degree of familiarity that I spoke of before. It's just not there in great enough quantities to for the opposing groups to come to a consensus.

Sorry, for the earlier "lash". Lotta stuff going on and that just became the target.

Archived