Aberrant: In the Beginning - Table Talk- In the Beginning

Titan

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You will notice that the Æon thread is closed. I believe that the story arc of the prologue has come to a natural conclusion. I will create a thread called 'Development and Dialogue', where I would like you to give us some examples of testing, training, discovery and personal exploration over the course of the next two in-game weeks.

For those of you staying at Æon, those examples will take place there. For those of you who decide to leave, please post your examples as well...

Due to popular interest, I will also create a thread called 'London- Nightlife' for an unmoderated (by me- Fox may step in and complicate your lives if he wishes) night on the town. This can be one night, or several, it doesn't matter. Have fun, and try not to kill anyone... if you do, though, it will come back and haunt you, so don't say I didn't warn you...

Thus ends the prologue. I am having a blast, and could not be more pleased with how things are going. I hope you are also having fun, and I look forward to exploring the rest of 1998 with you...

OH, and I almost forgot. Everyone (with the exception of T.O.) please spend an additional 20 Nova Points. Also, give yourselves 5 dots in Contacts.

What is the date that the London event's take place on. Is it the 23 or 24 of March?

I ask cause Katalyst is on leave, and has to report back to his unit in two weeks, or else he will be marked AWOL and that's not what he wants to have happen.?

That's easy. You can't. But in a mad scramble your duty is probably to report to the nearest available one and Germany isn't an option.

Dump that problem on someone else. If your CO wants you to hop civilian transport and drive to Germany... then you can do that. If the England's bases CO wants you to stay put, then that's what happens.

On the other hand there's a large group of "specials" being formed and the sane thing for your command to want is an agent in there to see what's going on.

What are your powers again? Do you have flight in there?

The final twenty NPs are just that. The FINAL 20. You greedy suckers. We will be getting XP from now on. This two weeks is 'downtime', and little, if any, xp will be earned. Let's see some exceptional roleplaying of the 'downtime', and we'll talk about some xp.

Joani/Fahrenheit...I'll just preface this by saying that I'm not upset. smile

That said, I feel it's a little impolite to 'backtrack' like ya did. That is, to narrate that she sat at Juno's table and that Juno then ignored her and moved, when I never had a chance to post any reactions. You sorta posted yourself into a frame of time I'd already defined there, and are thus denying me any chance of saying what my character would do.

Like I said...it's not a Federal offense; I'm not heating up my Deathray or anything...it's just something I consider to be discourteous in a play by post game like this. smile

Ok. Thanks for allowing me to take a bit of a break over the last couple of days, and I'm excited to see what you have come up with in the D and D thread. Wow, it really took off! I am leaving it open, and I hope you will all feel free to use it as a 'flashback' thread to show what happened during the two skipped weeks.

Fiat Lux! is our true beginning, where we decide where we stand in this new world. Interesting things are going on all around us. Will we take an active role, or stay behind the scenes? If we are actively using our powers, to what end? And what about all those loose threads from our origin stories? Here is where the rubber meets the road. Where we start to confront those loose threads, and more start to unravel.

We ready? Good. Let there be light!

er... you don't know, but I will say that all that prologue shit is over, it's time for some action. Even going home won't keep you from the excitement... hell, home might even be more wild!

I will be extremely involved. I took a couple of days off, and let you guys explore your two weeks of downtime, but I will ST each chapter of the game. I am even now calculating xp. Don't expect too much, we are talking about downtime... but there have been some spectacular posts in the D and D thread. Your most recent one comes immediately to mind, but there are plenty others. I assure you, one and all, that though I like to start baseline and build slowly, you will never have cause to think of me as stingy with xp...

Peter as well. If nothing else, he wants to be able to send them a portrait once he's done with them and had a exhibit of his work. Also, in case he has a relevant piece of information come to his mind, he wants to know who he can call to for assistance.

Also, if anyone is ever in NYC, he would want them to look them up if they have the time.

Archived