Aberrant: In the Beginning - Table Talk- In the Beginning

Titan

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So we have Annibal and now even Core showing up at this super secret Nova Orientation! I am enjoying greatly how this story both follows anddeviates from canon, making it all very new and fresh and intimate in the way it can only be when seen firsthand through the eyes of a PC...

It is hardly super secret. Every nova they can get their hands on is there. Also, following yet deviating from canon is one of my specialties!

Eufiber: The post was a lighthearted one, but I'll stick with it. There has been a desire for Eufiber from almost every character, so now it's possible. Eufiber suits will still be as rare as hen's teeth, though, and won't be available for public sale for some time to come.

And... that is why you, and they, are here...

[Quick edit: The first novas will, almost by definition and universally, go on to be some of the most powerful, most influential people in the world. I have included a few novas at the luncheon that do not appear in the sourcebooks, but for the most part, they are the big dogs from 2008. I try not to make it too heavy handed (Except Anibal... I had wavered between having him there, but finally reluctantly decided that he hadn't erupted yet... then Nathan asked if anyone had a pants-conjuring power, and it had to be done.) My point is not to rub your faces in these well-known, iconic faces of 2008, but to emphasize that YOU ARE NOW ONE OF THEM. Already, your presence in the world has indelibly altered the canon. By 2008, your names can and probably will be as much a part of the social meme as Anibal's, or Duke 'Core' Baron, or even Pax. It is not simply for cheese. (although I like cheese, I think it's fun)]

I don't know why, don't have any idea. I would point out, though, for no real reason at all, that if you want to move a post to another location, you should have all the numbers correct before you click to do so...

Not that that has any bearing on this, of course blush

ok, fixed, with big-big help from Chosen. My bad. I am still trying to figure out how to organize some things. I also am not real enamored of creating the 'South Pacific' thread just for the meeting, although I have no problem with taking Michael back to his own thread prior to that... Probably should have just had Michael guest starred in the T.O. thread, but it's done now, and I don't feel like messing with it again, that's how I got in this mess in the first place.

Anyway, sorry for any confusion...

Michael, a quick question of cosmetics:

So he can glow or bioluminesce, and his wings are formed of "solid" light, or they manifest from the light but are actually feathered? I am guessing from your avvie they are feathered but wanted to be sure. Who is that pic of btw?

Michael can Bioluminesce. I'm using that as the building block for most of his other powers; his Quantum Bolt, for example, is going to be a bolt of the same golden light. As for the wings, I picture them as stylized translucent wings made of the angelic light... more like wing-shapes extending from his back than actual solid wings. Once he gets more of a hold on his powers, they will become more wingish.

The picture I found while looking for a good "Angelic Warrior" picture. It's a fan drawing of the "Redeemer" character from the Spawn comic books. I plan on having Michael look like that when he manifests his Armor power.

Originally Posted By: The_Fool
Question for Sascha.. In your latest post you mention hair, but last I read her head had been shaved at the asylum...did it grow back with eruption?

I shall post on my break at work...

Very perceptive of you and the answer to that would be "yes, it did".

I hadn't realized it was aggravated, but it doesn't matter.

Let's give it a shot. Right now Rich is acting from ignorance, even running out of juice would be information. He'll heal all he's worth and be surprised (but not shocked) that what's-his-name won't be good as new.

EDIT: And it's practice for his daughter.

Archived