Aberrant: In the Beginning - Table Talk- In the Beginning

Titan

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We can discuss that here!

I would assume that is entirely up to us. I have already proposed a Justice League meets Aberrant Alliance and several people were stoked so we can discuss that as well as anything else you might have tucked up your sleeve! smile

Originally Posted By: The_Fool
We can discuss that here!

I would assume that is entirely up to us. I have already proposed a Justice League meets Aberrant Alliance and several people were stoked so we can discuss that as well as anything else you might have tucked up your sleeve! smile

Whoops! I only just now realized that when posting the above I thought this was the MCH thread.

:sigh:

Too many games... crazy

Hi, everyone. Sorry about yesterday, I have been seriously sick. I'm not completely up to snuff yet, but I didn't want to miss another day, so I'm gonna work hard to get caught up so that we are good to go for the big day tomorrow!

Thanks for all the well wishes!

Let me take a moment to make an announcement:

In light of what I consider enormous success of A:ItB (10 players in the first week seems pretty good, and we've been getting great comments from some non-players who are following the game), and the severe time restraints I am under with my job, family, etc., and in order to give you all the best possible experience in this game, I have asked (read: begged) Mr. Fox to join the game as a co-StoryTeller, and he has accepted.

I have asked Chosen to add Mr. Fox as a Moderator for this game, but while we are waiting for Chosen's approval, I have asked Mr. Fox to read some of the stories and pick a few that he wants to work on. He may start posting as soon as Monday (or he may get so excited that he posts sooner!). Please join me in welcoming him to our game.

I will continue to feel free to jump in and help tell your story. As always, if you have any questions, comments, ideas, suggestions, criticism, or praise... please PM Mr. Fox or myself, or just post it here.

Welcome Mr. Fox, to the Beginning!

(and thanks...whew!)

Titan

Hey everyone.

Thanks for the welcome. I'm honored to help out here. Titan and I had such similar ideas on this game idea that I was a little jealous that he announced it first. wink Still, I was very please to be asked to help out, and despite the co-ST title, I will be looking to Titan to take the lead here and will consider any of his decisions final should any questions arise.

I've started reading what has already been posted, and I have to say I'm impressed. I really like that you have started writing the characters as baselines and I think it will make the beginning even more dramatic when the Galatea explodes.

I will be out tomorrow, but I'll be catching up with everything and should start posting in your story threads on Monday.

I am not the ST... but my understanding is we start with an additional 15 bonus points (over and above the 15 bonus points we got as baselines).

Then we give ST (Titan) an indication of how we're going to go...

My suggestion is that you spend the bonus and about 10-15 nova and reserve the rest for later.

Example: Richard is going to make the obvious move and erupt with ways to make his life better, i.e. Heal up his Hand and bring his daughter out of a Coma. Those are both "Healing" type things so that's what I'm planning on going with. So at this point I've reserved sufficient points for a Quantum of 4 and he's going to spend 5 or so on various other things, and 5 on Healing.

This establishes a theme and a general direction. I've also tossed out about 4 different ways to expand/alter that theme with his other nova points... but my experience with this sort of thing is making long term plans is rather futile. IC events will drive development a lot more than my plans.

I was given an additional 15 bonus points and a set number of Nova Points to spend now, with the rest to spend later as Michael matures into full-nova hood.

I actually like it this way, as the development as a baseline and the circumstances of his eruption made me look differently at the powers I wanted to take.

Originally Posted By: Michael Peters
I was given an additional 15 bonus points and a set number of Nova Points to spend now, with the rest to spend later as Michael matures into full-nova hood.

I actually like it this way, as the development as a baseline and the circumstances of his eruption made me look differently at the powers I wanted to take.

Same here

I'm Fahrenheit, btw, sorry.

Originally Posted By: Katalyst
Did I miss something? I knew that we were gonna get more BP but not an additional 15. Also I didn't know about spending any nova points is that for everyone?

This was posted in the "Read First!" topic Titan made.

Originally Posted By: Titan
*Spend your 15 Freebie Points on anything but Quantum

Yes, I know that Freebie Points are as cheap as Quantum gets. Do not worry, I will give you more when you erupt, and you can buy Quantum then

With regard to Nova points, I think Titan is going to tell each person, when they erupt, how many Nova points they get, then he will periodically give out the rest.

Ok, I have notified those who have erupted of their NPs to spend, and invited them to spend the second round of Bonus points. Sorry I missed a couple on my first run through. I'll get better.

Yes, you now begin with Quantum 1. Your node now affects your taint, PM me with aberration suggestions if your Taint is higher than three...Obviously you can have any you really want, I just want to know them before I post.

Again, I apologize for any confusion. I will try to be clearer in the future. This sure ain't tabletop! wink

I also apologize for the sometimes lengthy delay between posts. As we move forward, I expect this problem to get better. Both the addition of Mr. Fox, who now has all of your characters and concepts, and the fact that some of you will start getting together soon, will simplify some things.

Keep those questions and suggestions coming, everyone, I am so proud of this game!

Happy N Day!

Guys, Please also include me on any point updates and correspondence. No need for Titan to have to re-forward everything to me, and I'd hate to jump in and write an update in one of your stories only to find out after the fact that I missed important info.

Archived