Star Wars: The Sith War - It's a Forum!

Sen. Cruith'ne

Hey there, everyone. This is Seph, who'll be adopting the mantle of Cruith'ne here in the SWU forum. As you can see, we do have a forum, but it's a little anemic at the moment, as we don't have all our subforums up just yet. I'm sure it's a matter that will soon be rectified.

In the meantime, this forum will serve as the receptacle for all OOC chatter. Character creation guides and rules should be posted shortly. Until then, any specific questions regarding character creation or play can be posted in the 'SWU Q&A Thread', also in this forum.

Yay BFF!

Noble powah!

We will spread peace, love and snuggles throughout the galaxy!

Cuz let's face it, all Lady Riventi needs a hug and all this senseless violence would end. laugh

The Force is insignificant when compared to the powah of nuggles.

Originally Posted By: Lily
There are basic rules in the Character Creation Guidelines thread. Enough to getcha started. And a plethora of forum goers with lots of time on their collective hands to answer any question you have. smile

I've read the character creation guidelines thread. It assumes familiarity with the system. I have none of that. When one starts talking about force points and stuff, you may as well be speaking Icelandic to me.* I cannot emphasize strongly enough that I am a complete noob to the Star Wars RPG system.

(* I don't understand Icelandic)

Originally Posted By: Flicker
Is there someplace where I can find the rules for creating characters? I don't own any of the source material, having never played the game. . .

I have an Excel program (as does Carver) that will really help you during the creation process, it walks you through. Skill points, Feats... the whole nine yards. It doesn't explain what the feats do or what the skills do, but it does any calculations automatically.

If you've played any of the d20 system games before then creation will be pretty standard for you.

I'd be happy to answer any questions anyone has about making a character if you do not have the books, or do not have the revised book.

Flicker, Reven (playing the Mistress of Nuggles) is bending over backwards to help people. There's an interactive character sheet getting passed around in Excel that does a lot of work for you, so let me know if you want that. I will also be willing to help, but my book as gone AWOL and so I'm sourceless as well.

Also:

Originally Posted By: Evana Nivix
Yay BFF!

Noble powah!

We will spread peace, love and snuggles throughout the galaxy!

Cuz let's face it, all Lady Riventi needs a hug and all this senseless violence would end. laugh

The Force is insignificant when compared to the powah of nuggles.

Yaya!!! BFF-Noble powers, activate!

Wait... do those work if you're a runaway pretending to be a grease monkey? frown

Originally Posted By: Grand Master Tel'Amo
Is there someplace where I can find the rules for creating characters? I don't own any of the source material, having never played the game. . .

I have an Excel program (as does Carver) that will really help you during the creation process, it walks you through. Skill points, Feats... the whole nine yards. It doesn't explain what the feats do or what the skills do, but it does any calculations automatically.

If you've played any of the d20 system games before then creation will be pretty standard for you.

I'd be happy to answer any questions anyone has about making a character if you do not have the books, or do not have the revised book.

I have never played any D20 system game. I don't even know what the D20 system is. I'd guess that it uses twenty-sided dice exclusively, or perhaps has a special preference for them. Am I right?

I'd like this spreadsheet that you describe please. Where can I find it?

Edit: I'm leaning towards a human (because I don't know race bonuses, but I know most systems make humans the basis from which the other races deviate) sith lord named Darth Amy. Is this okay?

You are correct, ma'am. Only a few things don't use d20's, most significantly damage rolls. it's a pretty easy system to learn, happily.

Contrary to happily, I do not have the spreadsheet. But I will help as I can with questions.

Okay, Darth Amy was a funny but stupid idea. I'm percolating a new idea.

Meet: Micki Shen-Jon (Name courtesy of the Star Wars Random Name Generator.) She's 17, the daughter of nobility on a distant and unimportant planet, and utterly bored. Pretty dresses, cotillions, balls, and receptions bore her to tears. As a girl she preferred to splash around in the river looking for slimy critters to play with and throw balls around with the boys. She's spent more time with skinned knees than without, to the horror of her mother the Duchess and distantly vague disapproval of her father the Duke.

More recently she's been sneaking away to the spaceport to hang around with the spacers, pilots, and mechanics. Davith Wessiri (thanks again, name generator!) has taken a particular shine to the girl with the upper-class accent with engine grease under her fingernails, and has been showing her the ropes in the cockpit and in the repair bay*. Every afternoon, she sneaks away to visit her best adult mentor friend, puts on her greasy coveralls from a rental locker, and spends time doing what she truly loves.

Now she dreams of saving up for her own first ship. With her trust fund nest egg, and the steady trickle of funds that comes as naturally to the rich as warts come to the poor, she'll reach her goal in a few months. Until then she'll learn more about ship systems, flying, astrogation, and glean what wisdom she can from her new "second family" of spacers and motorheads. Hopefully she'll be well-prepared for the day she slings a duffel bag of sturdy clothes and tools into the back of a secondhand puddle-jumper and sets out to discover the wonders of the galaxy.

Of course, she won't be, but hey, that's half the fun.

(* Not like that, you perverts. This is a PG-rated story.)

Because that's pretty much the exact combo I had for my noble - a noble who does tech stuff. No worries, though - I already have other thoughts for the character, so you don't need to feel like you should change it.

This will teach me to make a complex, interesting character. :P

I think there's a difference between yours and mine. Unless, that is, you'd planned on your character getting in over her head, encountering setbacks, meeting shady villains and thugs who pretend to be her friends, ending up on the run, then stumbling into the key to unravelling her dilemma, solving her problems with a frantic air of daring, dash, cuteness, and naive bravado, and then flying off into the sunset as she dictates blog entries into her recorder in the epilogue. . .

Only to do it all again in the next episode on the next new world.

Was that your plan? Because if it was, I'll step off and you can have it. You had dibs, if that was your plan.

Actually, I'm gonna step off, because after talking to CC in chat about it, I think that swapping out the Tech level for a Soldier for her will generate a lot more hilarity and return to the orginial idea of a Girl Having Galatic Adventures And Thinking She's Fooling Anyone. grin

Plus, I can get that BFG she'll undoubtably run around with, dying to fire, and never gets a chance.

Micki Shen-Jon

There is something I must reveal... I am yo fatha!

See... the plot is already thickening!

Noble powah!

Quote:
"A soldier, a tomboy, an airhead and a Jedi walk into a bar..."

Why didn't they use the door?

Archived