Trinity Universe: An idea that crossed my mind... Hear me out.

Doryoku

You know how it was said in the player's guide of Aberrant that Aberrant wasn't the "Superfriends"?

Well, I thought of something that'd turn that on it's ear.

How about we make M&M versions of our favorite character from 2018, 2010, or 200X? To keep things simple, only 1 character would be allowed per player. This would keep the nosebleeds to a minimum. I was thinking to accommodate most builds, it'd be a PL12 game, with PL12 points.

Now, I was thinking (some more) that we didn't have to be our usual self in the M&M game. I thought what if in this "universe", some of us were villiains, some heroes, and some just trying to stay under the wire.

This would be a constructed world, with all players involved in creating their part of the world. If we wanted to be ambitious, we could create "global" NPCs, that all players would have access to in stories.

Thing is, I'm not able to GM this, but it's my hope that with this on the table, maybe someone who loves M&M more than I (or just as much) would think this idea ambitious and maybe form a group of assistant GMs with keeping things in line. Perhaps one assistant per continent? (even Antartica...)

So... Am I hoping beyond hope or is this idea something that could work with some extra effort? (I got the hero points!)

That sounds like a fun idea. I'm not sure how often I could participate as far as writing for my character but the inclusion of an open creation for the world would permit others who haven't much time for long fictions to submit ideas that perhaps they jotted down while bored at work. Nice thinking there.

Over all with the right Mod Staff it could work and it would be one more game option we'd have isn't Aberrant, so I'm all for it.

Here's a skeletal concept on the positions that'd need to be filled.

World Moderator (My Position) - I would be in charge of the overall world picture of the storyline. International events, plot seeds, and major NPCs that would be fed to regional moderators. While the world itself has no actual storyline at the start, the storyline would evolve as events play out. It's a building that is never ending in construction. (Duties: Game World plotlines, World-Affecting NPCs)

Regional Moderator(s) - Each moderator would run their own City. They can make events that would effect the city. This would allow for both local and international events to occur that players could pick or choose. This would also allow Regional Moderators to run their city as they see fit within reason and current game world events. (Duties: City-Level events, City-Affecting NPCs)

Players - The players would pick a city to call home. As such, their adventures would take place there. Each adventure would be one fiction. If the players wish to form a team, they are more than welcome to do so. Collaboration fictions would require some oversight by the region moderator. If it is to participate in an event of world-wide proportions, I would also have some input.

Archived