Aberrant: No Fate - Chapter 2: The shape of things to come

Joani

The Fool points a stilleto dagger at the Singularity and his uncanny voice takes a fevered pitch.

"To touch her is death, and normal modes of offense will be ineffecitve...Newton if you have an Ace, play it now!!!"

((The Fool is on full defensive plus the bonus from combat t-port.))

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Fool points a stilleto dagger at the Singularity and his uncanny voice takes a fevered pitch.

"To touch her is death, and normal modes of offense will be ineffecitve...Newton if you have an Ace, play it now!!!"

((The Fool is on full defensive plus the bonus from combat t-port.))

(ooc: Lyrics by Killswitch Engage - Desperate Times)

Time and time again

I stand at the crossroad

Where the weight of my burden

Eclipses my resolve

This broken path I've chosen

I walk it alone

Though I feel forgotten

You've carved my name in stone

In these desperate times

This I plead

When all else fails

Remember me

This is daily crucifixion

And these rusty nails leave scars

My jagged crown is on my side

Because it never fell

In these desperate times

This I plead

When all else fails

Remember me

This is a blood-oath

They are nothing to me anymore

But your voice means more to me than you'll ever know

There's no question

You're the answer

I will find you...

In these desperate times

This I bleed

When all fails

Remember me

In these desperate times

This I bleed

When all fails

Remember me

Time seems to slow down as the tension gets unbearable and suddenly a little unpredictable sound creates chaos. Within a heartbeat all hell breaks out. A lightning flash blazes across the room and hits Nadine's red glowing form square on the chest and bounces off her without showing any effect. Almost simultaneously Sean launches several prepared projectiles at maximum speed at Nadine's head which just shoot through her intangible head hitting the ceiling with effectful force making the cave creak with omniscious sound.

Nosferatu dives for cover as does Callum while Plasma creates a fiery ring of protection around Newton and the portal. The Fool manages to find a most unusual spot to get out of trouble by making the ceiling his floor and the floor his ceiling.

Bastion who had taken The Fool in his sights stops in his tracks somehow held back by something or someone but his anger and frustration is clearly painted on his face.

Cherub noticed the lightning that had bounced off Nadine's chest taking the human form of a young girl laying sprayed on the floor with the same dead look in her eyes that Gray had. Whatever was going on, touching or attacking Nadine seemed to be most deadly. His eyes wandered across the room and through the haze of chaos he saw Newton with one arm reaching inside the Warp and the other pointing roughly at Nadine. Newton's face was a distorted visage of pain as the energy he tried to control put maximum strain on his body and mind.

For a short moment nothing happens except that Nadine's red glowing form seems to grow and extend across the room, siphoning more and more energy around her. Everyone felt the surge going through the room again and then reversing as if someone pushed the rewind button on a VCR.

The whole room started spinning as several layers of now, then and maybe try to synchronize but fail in the attempt. Just before you can take the next breath your conscious world turns dark and silent.

(ooc: Lyrics by Killswitch Engage - Desperate Times)

Time and time again

I stand at the crossroad

Where the weight of my burden

Eclipses my resolve

This broken path I've chosen

I walk it alone

Though I feel forgotten

You've carved my name in stone

In these desperate times

This I plead

When all else fails

Remember me

This is daily crucifixion

And these rusty nails leave scars

My jagged crown is on my side

Because it never fell

In these desperate times

This I plead

When all else fails

Remember me

This is a blood-oath

They are nothing to me anymore

But your voice means more to me than you'll ever know

There's no question

You're the answer

I will find you...

In these desperate times

This I bleed

When all fails

Remember me

In these desperate times

This I bleed

When all fails

Remember me

Time seems to slow down as the tension gets unbearable and suddenly a little unpredictable sound creates chaos. Within a heartbeat all hell breaks out. A lightning flash blazes across the room and hits Nadine's red glowing form square on the chest and bounces off her without showing any effect. Almost simultaneously Sean launches several prepared projectiles at maximum speed at Nadine's head which just shoot through her intangible head hitting the ceiling with effectful force making the cave creak with omniscious sound.

Nosferatu dives for cover as does Callum while Plasma creates a fiery ring of protection around Newton and the portal. The Fool manages to find a most unusual spot to get out of trouble by making the ceiling his floor and the floor his ceiling.

Bastion who had taken The Fool in his sights stops in his tracks somehow held back by something or someone but his anger and frustration is clearly painted on his face.

Cherub noticed the lightning that had bounced off Nadine's chest taking the human form of a young girl laying sprayed on the floor with the same dead look in her eyes that Gray had. Whatever was going on, touching or attacking Nadine seemed to be most deadly. His eyes wandered across the room and through the haze of chaos he saw Newton with one arm reaching inside the Warp and the other pointing roughly at Nadine. Newton's face was a distorted visage of pain as the energy he tried to control put maximum strain on his body and mind.

For a short moment nothing happens except that Nadine's red glowing form seems to grow and extend across the room, siphoning more and more energy around her. Everyone felt the surge going through the room again and then reversing as if someone pushed the rewind button on a VCR.

The whole room started spinning as several layers of now, then and maybe try to synchronize but fail in the attempt. Just before you can take the next breath your conscious world turns dark and silent.

Archived