Aberrant: 2011 - 2010 Charter Discussion

Warren Verona

The following characters:

Gabriel Law

Summer/Autumn Astovik (a.k.a. Solstice)

Primal

Jaunt

Are hereby removed from play in the 2010 universe. 2010 was never really easy for me to 'get into' and try as I might it's repeatedly left a bad taste in my mouth.

The characters remain my intellectual property. Since no character of mine is any longer a part of the 2010 universe they are not, and will not adhere to the any rules set forth by the Charter.

Some may read this as "Dave just wants to play them in 200X.". This is not the case. There are four characters being removed and I only one slot avail to me in 200X for this year. I hardly have the time to write for the two characters there, bringing over four more would be stupid of me and do the players in 200X a great disservice.

The fact is, I just don't like 2010. The Charter was a nice idea but ignored, the moderation was poor, the character creation was out of whack and the place was completely saturated despite the regulations on introducing new characters.

I wish those who enjoy the setting the best of luck and all that other positive reinforcement that's expected after a negative post like this. Seriously, have a blast, but it just isn't my thing.

The character sheets will be flagged as "Removed from play", since I do not have authority to delete them.

Have fun 2010.

This is the moderation team for 2010, and this is our take on the issue.

This is the relevant section of the 2010 charter:

Quote:
Section 1, Clause 6 – Characters shall not be direct copies nor substantial copies of characters already found within other sections of the N!Prime site.

Our take on this, is that characters brought into 2010 shall not be copies - however, copies of these characters may in turn be brought outside of the confines of 2010.

In light of this, and in light of the fact that we don't want to force anyone to stay should they no longer wish to do so, we say this:

1) That anyone who wishes to take a character originating in 2010 and use them in other areas of this website may do so;

2) That anyone who does this may continue to post in 2010, using said character;

3) That anyone who finds any section of the Charter unsatisfactory may withdraw their agreement, rendering the question moot in any event should they decide to take such action;

4) And that no amendment to the Charter is necessary or needed.

Therefore, the question of whether or not 200X will allow 2010 characters is entirely in 200X's hands.

If there are any questions about this decision, please ask and discuss them in the thread below.

Thank you for your time.

- The 2010 Moderation Team

Archived