Medianoche

I just saw the 2000 film "Unbreakable". It gave me some insight into the reasons to be a 'secret' nova. I like the way the relationship between the hero, his wife, and his son developed.

I know it came out at the Dawn of the Nova Age, but I found it relevant and interesting. Anyone else?

Originally Posted By: Medianoche
I just saw the 2000 film "Unbreakable". It gave me some insight into the reasons to be a 'secret' nova. I like the way the relationship between the hero, his wife, and his son developed.

I know it came out at the Dawn of the Nova Age, but I found it relevant and interesting. Anyone else?

Relevant? I wouldn't say so. Interesting, yes. The point to Unbreakable was that he was a singular person, with powers that were virtually unheard of until he showed up. He lived in hiding, and couldn't even share his new life with his wife. I think that its relevance to Novas begins and ends with the fact that it's about someone with powers.

But it was an interesting movie.

Originally Posted By: Evan-Happy Scientist
Man, I loved Bruce Willis in that role. Remember, at the end the works with the authorities to bring down Mr. Glass though. Novas can do more to make the world a better place by coming forward with our gifts and abilities..

Preach it, brodda. grin

The movie - yeah, it was good, but I don't think it's any more relevant to the nova condition than, say, comic books.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived