Aberrant: No Fate - Table Talk: No Fate

Joani

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally Posted By: Lily
Joani suggested that too.

But it feels kind of...artificial, doesn't it? Sort of like me making a guy who's really good with telepathy in Phoenix Rising would have been. smile
If we *knew* of a temporal manip who was even slightly positive, or potentially positive, towards us we'd rush out, bop her on the head and drag her into this mess. So no, it wouldn't be artificial.

Just for starters a temporal manip might have noticed time was being changed and look us up.

Quote:
Besides Temporal Manipulation as a power suite doesn't really enthrall me...I'd mostly want it as an adjunct to things like Warp and similar...but the group already has plenty of access to those powers.
Bigger problem and potentially a fatal one. Weather Manip by the way is pretty huge... most people don't read the range on each of it's techniques but not all of them are standard.

My suggestion is if you can spare 5 NP then get one dot in Temporal Manip as a secondary theme. It's such a rare power that even that would be enough.

Alternatively we'll work something out.

Callum, I laughed my ass off at your last post. Having played with Courier in many games now, I can't think of a single exception to him playing the "ladies man" type (Much like Joani seems to enjoy playing psycho mental babes). It was *so* nice for someone to call him out! Plastered a humongous smile on my face (No offense to you Courier)...

We would...wait until we had a chance to. And until then we wouldn't routinely blow cover because of a card trick. smile

Just saying...you want to know why the PC's are upset with you...that's why. Shadowy agent types don't like being outed casually. It chaps their respective hides.

A bunch of Shadow agents we are. He already knew we were sent to kill him when he captured us the first time. And then we just go right back waltzing in to have a chat with him. If you were all so dedicated to the mission you would have killed them all already without talking and run back home to your OC masters. For that matter its what we all should have done the moment we woke up...if we truly trusted them. The Fool is only voiceing what you all are too afraid to admit. The Fool has no fear.

Originally Posted By: Courier
I don't know... I'm not saying anything he's said is 'wrong', but I'm not sure it should be that easy to slip our conditioning.

On the other hand we have the issue of the precog saying we're going to end up dead if we go back.

I considered the Fool's newfound ability to dorm completely to be a breaking point in his conditioning. Also because of Newton's "speech" we heard just before we blacked out.

I leave it to you to decide when you can break your conditioning but The Fool is going to do his best to help you along.

Breaking the conditioning and breaking from Omega are not the only problem some of us face. Some of us have other secrets which can get us killed. Mainly, that Nosferatu is a double agent with the Terats. They find out he is or was working for Omega, and he's toast. Geryon will tear his head off.

Dont wory Nos...your secret is safe with the Fool. He is only telling Newton because he believes fully that this is their best hope for survival...to break from the company and join forces. he also doesnt know about the teragn mole in Newtons gang. If you want to save face with the teragen then brwak with Omega...

It won't matter. The Teragen won't forgive or forget it. I sure as hell wouldn't. They are traitors. At the very least, no organization will ever trust him again and he will be alone without any organizations as allies.

Also: Revealing that we work for Omega was hardly necessary for us to join forces and work with Newton. The Fool volunteered that extra information all on his own. He didn't even consult the rest of the team.

He also just signed some of our death warrants.

Originally Posted By: Nosferatu
It won't matter. The Teragen won't forgive or forget it. I sure as hell wouldn't. They are traitors. At the very least, no organization will ever trust him again and he will be alone without any organizations as allies.

Also: Revealing that we work for Omega was hardly necessary for us to join forces and work with Newton. The Fool volunteered that extra information all on his own. He didn't even consult the rest of the team.

He also just signed some of our death warrants.

dont worry...we'll be fine. Joani already told me he hopes this game can continue for a good long time...

hmm - difficult issue.

I don't want you guys to rip each others heads off. I've been very satisfied with everyones performance in this game and that includes the most recent events.

Sky's PC does have some information which perfectly justifies his behaviour and he shared that with the group as best as he could. Maybe you should've discussed a few options oocly before moving forward to meet with Newton. Maybe it is my fault because I felt like the game was stalling and I wanted it to move on.

This game is planned on an epic scale and I know that the first two chapters are very challenging and I'm asking a lot of you to endure. Many things may appear like Deus ex machina but I promise that you'll get a better understanding of the story once this chapter ends and the next starts.

As a reference you may take the Movie "Momento" and the mood it sets throughout the film. I don't want to take too much away from what is going to happen but Sky is right if he says that you guys are going to be fine (unless you start to kill each other, which I hope won't happen). But what kind of ST would I be if I told you "no worries guys, it'll be alright." - it would take a lot of suspense and momentum out of the scene.

I'm not a ST who tries to get rid of his PCs. I don't plan events that are outright set to get someone killed. I DO kill PCs for extreme stupid behaviour. And one more important footnote I like to add is - I may be omnipotent/omniscient but my NPCs aren't. They may get to the same conclusion like you have IF they knew your side of the story. A lot is still just assumption.

I ask you to relax a little and don't blame Sky for his PC - at least not oocly. He is doing a good job with him and hasn't stepped over boundaries - at least from my pov. I understand if you think differently and fully sympathize with your worries - but trust me, I won't kill you just because. There's always a chance to solve the problem and right now your problem is something completely different than OC.

I hope I made myself clear on the issue without stepping on any ones toes. I think you are all doing a great job with your Characters and I hope that you're going to like what I have in store with you. I promise you'll have more freedom of choice where your path leads once this chapter is over. I need it to establish a certain basis for the whole setting.

Thank you for your patience.

Sincerely

Joani

For my part, everything I've said is my understanding of the IC situation only. The impression I've had is that Sky was confused by the IC reaction...and all I've been trying to do is explain that reaction. I really don't even consider what I've said to be "arguing" so much as just informing him.

But it's been all referring to IC reactions only, just to make that clear. OOC I don't really care...it'll sort itself out IC.

As far as his reasons go, just remember that IC, we saw him use Tarot cards...and then claim that they justified doing something that in a real situation would be at best a major breach of etiquette...and at worst, a death sentence. He (Fool, not Sky) is presuming a LOT of mutual trust in both him, his judgment, and his powers.

I think the IC reaction, especially when partly motivated by the shock of the moment, is perfectly justified under the circumstances.

Nor do I see it coming to open inter-PC conflict unless both sides take it way too far...or if Newton proves to be hostile.

Quote:
Not if we reverse their eruptions and then kill them.

Whose Eruptions? I was talking about being killed by Terats. I don't think we will be able to reverse Mal's Eruption.

As for The Fool's actions: OOC, it does not bother me. IC however, Nosferatu is very afraid. He just interacted with several Terats who are not going to be happy that he's a double agent (in his mind). As for my OOC rant, I was a little irritated that Sky didn't tell us what he planned on doing with the Fool, so I could address any concerns.

It's worth saying that we haven't been outed to the Teragen yet.

As long as Newton and his people keep their mouths shut, we're fine.

The problem is that, in one breath almost, The Fool not only put us in the awkward position of being forced against our wills to trust Newton and his people, but then -also- managed to antagonize one of those same people to an extreme degree.

Now OOC, I know that's unlikely to cause problems, because I trust Joani. But IC no one can act on that information.

Quote:
Not if we reverse their eruptions and then kill them.

Whose Eruptions? I was talking about being killed by Terats. I don't think we will be able to reverse Mal's Eruption.
We're going to go back in time and make Newton's people into baselines. This will be before the New York incident, and before anyone has any chance to out anyone to anyone.

IC the Fool didn't really change anything. The entire world is out to kill us, including parts of the Teragen. Adding to that list (which he technically hasn't done yet) doesn't really impress me since we're already so badly screwed as it is.

What the Fool should Synner was that everyone can go along with the Fool's game, or be damned. He doesn't seem to care which.

Synner's Note to Self: Never trust Fool with anything ever again. The guy is a cavalier hot shot.

I was a little irritated that Sky didn't tell us what he planned on doing with the Fool, so I could address any concerns.

Actually that whole little exchange between the Fool and Newton was rather spontaneous..it just..felt like the right thing to say. More than most, this character seems to write himself for me. You can check the timestamps too...Joani and I had a quick back and forth volley for a second there, it was exciting!

Quote:
Synner's Note to Self: Never trust Fool with anything ever again. The guy is a cavalier hot shot.

Not quite. he is simply stark raving mad. grin

Originally Posted By: Joani
Sky's PC does have some information which perfectly justifies his behaviour and he shared that with the group as best as he could.
Quote:
As far as his reasons go, just remember that IC, we saw him use Tarot cards...and then claim that they justified doing something that in a real situation would be at best a major breach of etiquette...and at worst, a death sentence

The rest of you saw him use the cards. At that time, Nosferatu was meeting with the Teragen, and was unaware of it. His IC reactions are perfectly justified because he has no knowledge that staying with Newton and His crew is the safest route. The Fool also neglected to inform Nosferatu about the results.

Originally Posted By: Courier
Originally Posted By: Synner
You're just now figuring this out? laugh

Useful is a good word for him. Useful isn't "stable" or "sane".

Synner just met the guy.

I have to admit that it's primarily OOC reasons that Synner is not looking for a rapid exit to OMG to give them an update of how bad the situation is.

Originally Posted By: Synner
I have to admit that it's primarily OOC reasons that Synner is not looking for a rapid exit to OMG to give them an update of how bad the situation is.
Two words: "Time Travel".

With that impossible things like taking over the world become possible or easy.

Archived