Aberrant: No Fate - Table Talk: No Fate

Joani

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, I think that was just my goofup. For some reason I thought you had a son. In hindsight, I can't explain why. smile

But I think it works IC regardless. Goo and Callum hadn't worked closely...she knew he had a kid, but hadn't really bothered to check more closely before.

Proposed letter. (Cherub will ask people for edit suggestions)

Hi there, this is Cherub, aka Tom George.

Today it's Tuesday and I'm looking at the news reports coming out of what is left of New York and I can see people are wondering "what does Cherub have to do with this", and "why did a group of very diverse people come together to do this"?

Good questions. Annoyingly the question that isn't being asked is, "where did the information that they did this come from?" What is going on is very similar to fire alarm principal. By that I mean the person who phoned in the fire alarm is often the one who started the fire.

Having met the two "unknown" novas, I'm very comfortable saying that none of us have the raw power, the mental smarts, or the motivation to pull this off. As even the press has pointed out, we also don't appear to be very organized. The presence of two terats doesn't make this a Teragen operation any more than my presence means Utopia did it. It's almost like we are a random group of people who were at the wrong place at the wrong time.

From my point of view, this is what happened.

Thursday morning I decided to play hooky from my Utopian studies. It's not possible to describe my day's activities without making this letter NC-17. Let's just say I started the day by waking up next to two young, attractive women who were also naked and leave it at that. I called in that I wouldn't be going in and figured if they had something important they'd beep me anyway. On a side note this would be Why I'm not considered T2M material, this isn't the first time this has happened. Hopefully it won't be the last time either.

To make a long story short (and skipping the boring or NC-17 parts, I'd like to have this letter published), I ended up going swimming. There was something that looked interesting, and it turned out to be a constant(?) warp gate under the water.

The other side of the gate was inside a cave with a landing strip. Go figure, it also must have had some kind of alarm and I must have tripped it because boom, next thing I know I've been teleported.

I found myself in a different cave with a bunch of novas I didn't recognize or knew only slightly. We were in two groups, one with the party's host and his crew (5 novas and something I'll describe later), and us "conspirators". As near as I can tell the guy organizing this teleported in everyone who'd found out anything about him. Apparently finding his base meant I qualified.

I could see that our host showed off a bit, he'd somehow tapped into a power source described by one of my fellows as a "Fong". The whole thing seemed extremely powerful and unstable. Pax I'm not. 4 goons plus a Master using god like power on one side, and a disorganized motley crew on the other? Listening to our host seemed like a really good idea so that's what happened.

He (she?) treated us to a several minute rant which included how "they" were out to get him. It was like someone has issued a casting call for a stereotypical mad scientist. As he talked, the fong kept getting more and more unstable, and we kept hearing rumbles. I got the impression that his power source was alive and in pain somehow. Anyway, next thing I know we're in the middle of New York and there's no people or standing buildings. None of us were hurt, I think we were dropped off after whatever happened.

As a Utopian Healer I did the obvious thing and went looking for command central and ended up taking charge of a med-center where the wounded where coming in. At that point I found out that someone (I assume 'our host') had fingered us for this mess. I also found out that it was Tuesday. This last part makes no sense at all to me. Tuesday? It should be Saturday at the latest. I think someone did something funky (one guess who) and I literally lost time.

So, the next question is, "why run"? Several reasons. I don't know enough to be useful and don't feel like having my brain turned inside out proving it. I also hope collectively we know enough of what's going on to do something. Both of these together suggest it's better if I stay out, at least for a while.

There's more, the authorities are going to be under tremendous pressure to "do something" about this. If I turn myself in, they'll be in a position where they have the choice between believing they have the guy who did it and admitting to the voters that they don't.

(Tom goes on to detail the descriptions of the other crew).

hilarious, simply great. I laughed so hard that my boss was taking a look around the corner to see what was going on... love every word of it.

Looking forward to the actual 'official' version once the others had their proof read.

I just realized I made a tiny but important mistake concerning the TV-News - Seans picture is not provided, just a description like with Jack/Fool and Callum. Going to edit that real quick - that makes the part with DeVries statement obsolete, too. It's something I've overlooked, sorry about that

Jack would say that it will probably not get published. If it does someone is going to try and hack it and change it. It may work for public opinion of cherub but it isn't going to stop the hounds of utopia and whomever else from hunting us. Sounds like mostly a way for cherub to save his reputation, that probably wont work given the titanic media forces arrayed against him and it gives away far too much information. Fong? Dude, you are going to have people hunting us even harder now if they think we know where Newtons base is or that we came into contact with a Chrysalis.

I agree it was humorous, but it is unlikely to be effective and calls the thunder down even harder...

RE: you are going to have people hunting us even harder

I seriously doubt that's possible. Right now they think we run around blowing up cities with millions of people in them just because they have millions of people in them.

We aren't just the top priority, we're the only priority of PU, the Directive, Project Pro, T2M, and every law enforcement agency in the world. Hicktown local police are asking about us because they're afraid they're next.

RE: we came into contact with a Chrysalis.

So what? Coming into contact with one isn't an issue, knowing how to create one is.

RE: Fong

That's an effort to swing the Teragen against Newton. Safeguarding Chrysalis is a big thing with them and finding out that Newton is torturing Fong and corrupting her growth isn't going to sit well.

RE: Humor

This wasn't meant to be humorous. It isn't even trying to save Cherub's rep. It's a (heavily) sanitized IC listing of what happened and an attempt to throw some of what's happened after Newton.

RE: Statement being edited.

That's why he'd mail it to 50 news agencies. Drudge (etc) will put it on the internet. Short of Mal no one is going to be able to edit all the copies.

So the last bit of my pst is based on what Joani told me during chargen. he was specifically vague about how we ended up working for the corporation, alluding that we didn't really know. So hopefully that works dramatically as intended.

Originally Posted By: The_Fool
So the last bit of my pst is based on what Joani told me during chargen. he was specifically vague about how we ended up working for the corporation, alluding that we didn't really know. So hopefully that works dramatically as intended.

And that was perfectly fine smile

Now some other stuff for all to know -

First of all, Ulric from LM is going to join us. It took a while to flesh out his character and after I majorly screwed up Hyosephs character creation I hope this one meshes in more seamlessly. Ulrics Character is known to the team as a backup member and replacement for Void (he is a warper - basically everyone of you has a backup agent for emergency cases that can fill in the spot roughly) - So treat him nice wink

Second - I'm still trying to find a way to include Hyoseph, but not with Shiva - that character is NPC/Antagonist Material. I've already got a good idea but I wanted to check back with the crew first if you have any suggestions. My idea would place him not with OC.

Third - I'm not the kind of ST to destroy Background dots just like that or make them useless. The Manhattan catastrophe does not affect any of your Backgrounds (Callums Dad for instance wasn't there when it happened) - the same goes with anyone else who got backgrounds especially connected with NY - Manhattan - if necessary we'll have to move the exact location of an appartment or connection to another district of NY.

I can update if you want to - just tell me what your next steps are going to be. Till then I'll keep watching the show smile

Small RL-Update - I'm going to move to a new appartment on Sat. 17th. My online presence will be greatly reduced from today till then since I got several things to do in preparation for the move.

I try to be around at least once a day before I go to bed and keep myself updated. But posting will be scarce/just once per day probably. After the weekend I hope to resume my usual online presence on the boards. Thank you for your patience.

Hey peeps!

I was thinking about it and I wanted to know if y;all would want the Fools underground sanctum to be like our secret base> If Joani allows it I think I'll have an extra NP at the next boost point and I could buy a 5 dot Sanctum Background...maybe it acts as a quantum gadget with invisibility: quantum senses? So we could be truly safe there. Just a thought. And then we could have an undergound lair :pinky: laugh

I don't know if Nadine is supposed to be a new pc or just an npc, but you all realize she has seen too much to just let her go, and this is a group that kills for a living... I hope she comes along peacefully and doesn't try to escape.

Quote:
you all realize she has seen too much to just let her go
I hope we're a bit more subtle than to tell her this.

If she needs to know more, I suggest we tell her the truth. Or rather Cherub's version of it. If she leaves us Newton, the Teragen, PU, The Directive, etc will want her.

And there's a good chance that she just killed 5 million people.

Archived