Aberrant: No Fate - New Aberrant game -

Joani

I mostly disagree with the q-construct, though I can see why you might think that. Q construct is for summomning type applications or creating servants

While GL does create "constructs" like giant screwdrivers and such, I dont recall him making semi-autonomous creatures. The idea further breaks down when yo9u realize q-construct creatures have access to other out of theme abilities...like summoning an angel with healing. GL cant do anything like that.

Ok guys - We've reached the limit of PC, assuming everyone who posted here is still interested and wants to play.

PCs are:

Andrew - PC approved

Ziggurat - PC approved

Courier - PC approved

Lily - PC not yet submitted

Savar - PC not yet submitted

Overload - PC not yet submitted

Mr Fox - PC not yet submitted

That makes 7 PCs - two more than expected but it'll be ok. I'm going to contact Chosen.

Thanks for the great feedback and hopefully we'll have a good start.

Originally Posted By: Ziggurat
Great! A crazy man with a gun. grin

And Bombs....lots of bombs...

As for round numbers, I suppose I could work it that way. I mostly front loaded the atts, skills and stuff so was just buying more powers for the higher builds.

Oh yeah and my compy glitched and never posted this but I was thinking for this game we should all have the flaw secret at either 3 or 5 points depending on how severe this secret operation is going to be. If any of the factions were to discover double agents it would be nasty...

...Still tinkering...

In addition to the above question, I wanted to ask if we will be earning xp. I would guess yes but I don't know how these higher point builds are going to work in play. And that's assuming that these higher level version *are* for us to play...

There are going to be XPs to earn and the 40NP and 50NP versions of yourselves will be available for you to play. Just not right from the start. I'll be providing more background and setting infos over the course of the next days. Got to get this forum organised and layout my concept properly.

I just saw the new thread for characters. You say known and official information only. Does that mean only our public identity? How does one even have a public identity with Cipher?

Are we going to have another seperate "Meet the Characters" thread for our actual backgrounds?

You all are going to have a public identity of some kind. No matter if you are officially affiliated with PU, Teragen, Directive, Elites... whatever. Your Cipher is representing more your hidden "real" affiliation.

RE: Cipher

Ya, what Joani said. Everything I posted is either public knowlege or at least not protected by cipher.

Cherub has backing "1" (PU), he's a nova employee, they order him around with various degrees of success, but he's too much of a free spirit and doesn't care about his curreer enough to move up in the organization. That might be public knowlege as well although only through inferense since I'm sure PU wouldn't come out and say it. And yes, he has a double life, protected by lots of cipher.

Savar will be a Proteus agent but there is no Aberrant yet. Its ok though - The Aberrants can be infiltrated later.

Nos won't be needing Tradecraft, thats a Directive Skill/Background.

I haven't got any submission from Lily yet, so I can't tell where she is going to be affiliated with. She can team up with Nosferatu if she wants to.

Two DeVries Elites is ok, too. Maybe you guys can be official rivals or something along that line.

-------

Important to all of you is, that you are one team (company-name will be revealed soon, promise) and that you know each other (how good is up to you).

I hope to add more detail by the end of this day.

Nah, not enemies with Sky. At most they might be public rivals, trying to rack up the most number of kills or completed assignments or something. Even thats probably not an issue since Sean will be picky about the assignments he takes.

I didn't think about needing backing in the Omega Corp. I need to adjust my sheet a little. PM going to Joani.

Originally Posted By: Nosferatu
I have no tradecraft for my character. Do I need it? I have Cipher 4; Manip 4, Mega-1, Subterfuge 3. Who is my Teragen compadre? Is it you Lily?
For the Teragen? Maybe, maybe not. Tradecraft is the spy's professional skill. Information drops, planting bugs, looking for the same, searching places without leaving clues that it was searched, that sort of thing. It's a mix of investigation, aware, and some other things.

IMHO a double agent in the more formal groups would need it, but DeVries and the Teragen are a lot more informal and less caring about that sort of thing so maybe not. Both pretty much take anyone.

Originally Posted By: Joani Reikspar
Important to all of you is, that you are one team (company-name will be revealed soon, promise) and that you know each other (how good is up to you).
Then you're probably aware Cherub has a combat power (shocking I know). He's a flying bolt-lobbing healer and not just a flying healer.

Originally Posted By: Courier
If it's not approved, PM it to Joani.

Originally Posted By: SkyLion
Is that a some flavor of Q-bolt you're lobbing cherub or disintegrate?
It's not clear to me that you'd IC know the difference at this point in time.

I wasn't asking IC. I was asking as the player. wink Mostly because I see certain similarities with the Paul Blue concept...

...I see certain similarities with the Paul Blue concept...
Convergant evolution (although why Disin raises the subject of Paul I'm not sure).

Making Paul I had a number of choices and freedom of character disign that Cherub does not. If I'd created Cherub first I'd have done Dr. Nature differently, if at all.

Cherub is a PU double agent, thus he needs a certain amount of freedom to operate, thus he needs a reason for PU to keep him dispite him insisting on that freedom, thus Healing (ironically no one in the PU book can heal) as well as Psi-Shield. He further needs a way to employ that freedom without supervision, thus he needs a movement power.

I was really tempted by Q-Leap, which would have given him both movement and an offense, but it's an awkward fit. Flight works a lot better. So both characters, even with very different personalities and themes, end up with Flight, Psi-Shield, and Healing. Of course Paul also has Animal Telepathy and Weather Manip and Cherub has "That Creepy Feeling" so it's not a total overlap.

No not a total overlap, but both turn into a form of energy (admit Paul is invisible and Cherum is light) and I thought for some reason that Paul has Dis-interest-rate because when he attacked the roided out Rodi, BN made a comment about how you wanted Paul's offense to be a secret. I figured given Pauls radiation theme, and the way radiation is handled in Abby (ie Agg) that it would be disintegrate. Inference only. No hard facts.

...the way radiation is handled in Abby (ie Agg) that it would be disintegrate.
Radiation in abby is (at worst) lethal, not AGG. Sometimes it's even bashing rather than lethal.

Retrospectively Paul's radiation theme was an error. Originally Paul was built with only radiation powers, then he was rebuilt with about half radiation and half nature powers. As he was rebuilt and rebuilt the radiation part got less and the nature got more, to the point where he only has one radiation power. If I had to do it over I'd drop the radiation theme entirely and just have him bodymorph into Sunlight, giving him just one theme (nature control). And Paul can throw lightning although I'm not sure if he ever has in game.

Archived