Trinity Universe: The Novas at the End of the Universe

Drew

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally Posted By: Courier
At the risk of putting my foot firmly in my mouth;
I'd prefer to have one game (like Dead world) run well and I get the impression Drew doesn't have a lot of time.

Feel free to slap me down over that one Drew.

No, it's the truth. Much as I don't like admitting it, I've bitten off more than I can chew. That's why I haven't posted in Hyo's Hounds of Zaroff game yet, even though I submitted a character - don't wanna make an entrance and then have to abandon it. I really, really don't wanna throw out a prologue or whatever for this game and then abandon it, but I really, really don't wanna put it on hold. *grinds teeth*

So...give me til the end of the week to get my shit together and I'll see what I can do.

So I had an idea...

Much like the temporal telepath idea, but expanded on. Not near as powerful temporally and telepathically, but basically designed to create a species of whatever kind at will.

Through use of enhancements and powers, alters its own genes and whatnot to make itself into a literal 'creation in a can' type individual. We've got an "Earth Mother" type character, what says there can't be a "Progenitor" type character? :P

Named: "Adam"

"God creates dinosaurs, God creates man, man destroys God, man creates dinosaurs" -- Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park

Coolio Drew, take your time and RL comes first. Thanks though for checking in with us. smile

I have a feeling my character is going to be the snag again, what with people reforesting and repopulating the planet. My character is walking radioactive death...at least until I can find the containment suit I submitted to Drew.

On the other hand maybe its not the best fit after all??

Originally Posted By: The_Fool

On the other hand maybe its not the best fit after all??

Sounds extreme - but you have a knack for the extreme. My character wouldn't be that much affected I suppose... but your concerns are very real - rebuilding whatever with that theme can turn out to be tedious.

Well until recently I hadn't been aware that we were trying to "rebuild" anything. I thought that was more the theme of Dead Rising. I had thought the *point* of this game was to *not* rebuild. Rather to have us have to learn to deal with the fact that we are it and all thats left and all that is going to be left, and maybe get to puzzle the mystery, forage through ruins and get to meet aliens, all in the dying universe. I thought the point was that even if we did try and "repopulate" Earth its only a matter of time bfore it gets too cold and the Earth spins out of orbit. Worse, the whole *universe* is undergoing the same thing. It is the end of days. And the Universe is going out not with a bang...but with a whimper.

Now if we *are* going to try and make it more of a social-rebuidling game a la Dead Rising, I may need to rethink things. My character for this game was a port of the same kind of idea as Black Tom. He didnt work for DR as a social close-knit setting. I figured with the other mutant freaks running around (Looking at you Ziggy! :)) that I could play the radioactive survivor in the blasted wasteland type a bit better... The difference in my mind is that in DR we can cling to *hope* but in this game its fucked. The whole universe is fucked.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Originally Posted By: The_Fool

Correct me if I am wrong.

I have no idea - you may be right with your assumptions. I believe Drew mentioned somewhere that would be rebuilding, too. But he also said that the universe as such is dying - so maybe rebuilding isn't really that much of an option - instead trying to find a place to survive and then see whats next... who knows?

Trouble with me is I have these concepts that seem so great and would be awesome in a movie but they don't always work out so great in a roleplaying cooperative context. Good news is we haven't started and Drew is on break for a week so I have some time to play with it! smile

Bear in mind that I can pretty easily create a suit for ya. smile

ANd yeah, I think that rebuilding would require a sort of act of revitalization. Somehow renewing the universe, or a pocket of it...or possibly creating a new one.

I sympathize with you Foolie, on concepts. I have a lot of those too. smile

Im tossing an idea or two around but haven't given up on my first. Its the person,not the powers after all that make the roleplaying fun.

As for making the containment suit, I think thats a great idea! It saves us from the dreadful Deus Ex of "You just happen to find a containment suit! Oh look, it fits!"

I've already written up the quantum gadget, so altering the story around it thus will require some minor revisions but I do like the idea!

In any case, it would be awhile into play. Firstly my character is going to wake up dormed and not have a clue as to his powers or their nature. Second I was planning on waiting until y'all found your Eufiber colonies first (So I can discover that he kills his) before moving on to other clothing options... smile

Archived