Trinity Universe: The Novas at the End of the Universe

Drew

No Mastery or L4 powers. Biomanipulation is okay. And the initial cap stands.

Also, if you want to use something from Forceful Personalities, talk to me about the individual enhancement or whatever you desire.

The Cult Background is NOT allowed. wink

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oy...gravity control and teleport...and maybe even time control if I can swing it...

Damn you, brain! Settle on an idea!

Which sounds cooler to y'all? Matter creator with some combat ability, mega intelligence and Engineering Prodigy? And I think I came up with a distribution I'm pretty happy with, despite earlier complaints. smile

Or!

Gravity control, teleport, and maaaaybe time control?

Hee...I will decide tomorrow. It's darn late now.

Originally Posted By: Andrew Murphy
I figured I'd draw up a list of players and thier current concepts ...

Overload - ?
Velvet - terramancer/plant mastery
Ulric - weather manipulator
Joani - cyborg w/cyberkiesis
Courier - q-construct
Fox - Warper
Andrew - ?
Justin OCC - TK + telepathy
Ziggurat - Energy sponge
Lily - gravity & time manipulation + teleport

Overload is an unknown quantity and Justin and I need to duel in the arena over who gets to the be TK user.

Updated with Lily's new powerset. Justin will be playing a scietist with a "powers of the mind" theme, TK and Telepathy plus meag stats, I'll work on something else.

More Development and Detail.

Background: Bob's last memories are of being a successful used car salesman and a less than successful actor / singer. He's also had training as a librarian.

Bob's Powers: Bob can apparently access a "universal dreamspace" or "common subconscious". Exactly what this means is unclear, some of his abilities are obviously illusionary, but others are obviously real, and many are on the boarder between the two. He can manifest the following abilities.

Bob Space: Bob can alter people's perception of reality to the point where they are in another world of his choosing.

The Walkie Talkie of Bob: Bob can offer people illusionary communication devices, which offer the illusion of communication, which work over thousands of kilometers.

The Minions of Bob: Bob's ability to alter reality isn't limited to pulling people into Bob space, he can also create(?) creatures in Bob space and then bring them here.

The Voice of Bob: Within a short range Bob can issue orders and suggestions that are extremely difficult to disobey. Additionally his singing voice is just divine, perhaps literally. It's like listing to a choir of angels. His linguistic abilities are also unreal, his voice acts like a translator in both directions, similar to his Walkie Talkie.

The Armor of Bob: Bob can create 'the illusion of armor' and have it work in the real world.

The Library of Bob: Bob can create an illusionary 'entertainment and research center'. Everything in the center is illusionary, but it is also 'real'. For example someone could 'find' a dictionary which would give the meaning and history of words, even if the reader didn't know them. Or someone could play movies and read the credits on the end to see who made them, or read maps to see where things are. Bob believes that the entire knowledge of the universe is in this library, which is more a handicap than an advantage.

Yes... but I don't see how that applies? Part of this is based on Piers Anthony's Illusionist Queen, who could create the "illusion" of light and have it show stuff. This raises the whole issue, when is an illusion not an illusion?

The name "Bob" was because you can flip it around somewhat and get "God", and because I was in a game where a PC had Plank Scaling and his player's name was "Bob".

heh. lvl 6 powers are like taint 10. The character becomes unplayable. What possible challenge can you give to a character when they can create their own universe, or create a bubble of reality in which their will alone is the ultimate law. On the other hand, they make excellent NPCs... wink

Universe creation isn't all that bad assuming he doesn't just create one and then leave. In the game Amber most of the PCs can do this.

The player was the real check on his power. I'm not sure if he delibrately used it in 'crazy' ways or if he didn't understand how to use it effectively or what. Both maybe.

Yeah, but with Plank Scaling you can take a baseline and make them a nova. You could create an army of highpowered followers this way. You could create enough wealth to completely destroy any economy. Need a gadget... instant gadget creation that will perform exactly as you want it to. Etc, etc.

Don't get me wrong, I think it would be an awesome power to have, I just don't see how you could play characters who could destroy planets or make anything their hearts desire including their own realities.

I can see it working in a freeform fiction environment (Watchmen, for example).

In a game? Probably not so much. In the Watchmen game, everyone wants to be Doc Manhattan. smile

Though admittedly, my concept has more than a spark of that "make whatever you want" thing going. Though MC and MM have game limits that will complement my intense desire not to be an ass about it. smile

All that said, Q10 is a distant thing, if ever. I don't think this particular game is in any danger.

And Courier, that concept is brilliant. You made me wish I'd thought of it.

• 1 month later...

That you Drew?

Lemme go back to the drawing board and see what I can come up with...

Edit: Went back to read the chargen rules again. 50 NPs is cool, though I am curious to ask why the ban on Q6 and mastery? Considering we're the only sentient creatures around and wanting to rebuild the world it would seem a particularly suited setting for such a playing field. I.E. since we all have environmental type powers we could be like Anteus and similar forces of nature.

Rereading what I just wrote I want to be clear and say that I'm not saying necessarily that we should be able to start with such a thing, though Id consider it if everyone else wanted it. But as something to grow into, why ban it? Doing the math, buying Q6, raising an L3 power already at 5 dots to a 6th dot and then buying mastery for those 6 dots would cost 108 xp, which is probably not feasible at all unless you used an NP award system...and that's not buying a single other thing.

Just a heads up, I think I just might be interested in giving this game a shot. I'd have to think of something to be, but it's not the kind of thing I want to think about at midnight.

I'll post more later.

Originally Posted By: The_Fool
That you Drew?

Lemme go back to the drawing board and see what I can come up with...

Edit: Went back to read the chargen rules again. 50 NPs is cool, though I am curious to ask why the ban on Q6 and mastery? Considering we're the only sentient creatures around and wanting to rebuild the world it would seem a particularly suited setting for such a playing field. I.E. since we all have environmental type powers we could be like Anteus and similar forces of nature.

Rereading what I just wrote I want to be clear and say that I'm not saying necessarily that we should be able to start with such a thing, though Id consider it if everyone else wanted it. But as something to grow into, why ban it? Doing the math, buying Q6, raising an L3 power already at 5 dots to a 6th dot and then buying mastery for those 6 dots would cost 108 xp, which is probably not feasible at all unless you used an NP award system...and that's not buying a single other thing.

Short answer is because I don't wanna have to deal with it, alright? Alright. And Q6 is not banned, you just can't start with it.

Roll call - Cyborg a la T2/T3 - Cyberkinesis, Body Morph (liquid Metal), Matterchameleon (limited to herself), Q-Conversion (Electricity), Shapeshift (also limited to things she has touched before) - all Mega-Mentals.

Archived