Trinity Universe: The Novas at the End of the Universe

Drew

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gideon...why don't you tell us more about your character (Are you Ulric BTW?)

So...

Sullum and Serge could have known each other through philanthropic circles, and from University. They could have even been friends, or better yet dorm roommates fresh year. Whereas Christopher took his business studies seriously, Serge was only there because his wealthy parents expected him to be. He slacked in classes, studied yoga and snuc away every chance he could get while still doing good things in the world.

I need fodder for interesting flashbacks so that would be cool if you agree Ziggy.

Hmmm...biz admin. So maybe we went to Harvard biusiness school? And while on the town we met some blokes/grad students (Nathaniel and Fox) working on cybernetics with a government(CIA) research grant. Hit it off famously. Then Joani was the human trial for their research so there is a connection there.

Yeah Gideon, tell us more (Or did you already and I just missed it somehow?)

That sounds pretty good. My character went on to become a professor and worked for MIT in nanotech research. He was a top notch scientist before being frozen. After he woke up he was even more so, having been programmed with a great deal of scientific knowledge in several different fields. He has a vague remembrance of volunteering for a new program designed to implant knowledge into sleeping subjects. Since he worked closely with the lead scientist he volunteered to be in the first group of human trials. That's was to be a summer program and only last for 1 month, and that is the last thing he remembers.

I propose this:

Rather than have this tech being developed for Joani's character...we have the cybernetics project, involving tech and/or collaboration from our resident big brains, being done for the DOD in general.

For some reason they decide to make Joani a human testbed...perhaps because she's a rare combination of having the right background, clearance and sufficient mutilation (yet not dead) to merit it. This means the project is officially "prosthetic replacement" which is legally more sound than "augmentation."

I like it all so far. I sent in my sheet to Drew but the (all of a sudden) lack of supprt for HTML fragged my dots. Still awaiting approval and for someone to tell me how to fix the bloody thing...

...and no the drop down box does not give me an option for HTML...need to find another way to adjust the settings or upgrade the software/browser interpretation...

Could be related to Lily's character. Maybe a sibling who was still living overseas?

The cool thing about this is that the connecting characters will recognize my character and know more about him than he does himself. Id like to use his flashbacks as a sort of narrative prop, a la Lost so I can write fics with you guys about our past. Sound interesting to anyone?

Originally Posted By: Joani Reikspar
Originally Posted By: Gideon Blake

Maybe he could be related to somebody? Maybe a younger brother, or a nephew?

You could be mine, if you want. Just an offer.

Sure. She could be his Mother's sister. Maybe Grandad was Agency as well. Gideon's family was a bit militant (Martial Arts training/Boy Scouts).

Never fear! We have Holosuite Bob! (TM*) to provide for all our entertainment needs!! Need a date? He can whip one up in a flash, either in your own mind or if you prefer a custom created construct! Yes thats right, Bob is useful for all kinds of things and not just getting laid! With the Library of Bob at her disposal a witty constructed Geisha of Bob can lobby pleasing repartee all night long!

laugh

Quote:
So far unless Vel comes back we have only one female PC....

One female, a group of males, and one neuter . Yes, you heard that right...a neuter. Sullum is sexless.

Also, he would have had to have been at Harvard, as MIT has no Business Administration program.

I -am-. Gender just isn't really a big part of the concept.

My first version was female, in fact. Then I changed powers around a bit and got the 'reality hacking' idea, and it morphed into a guy. Then it morphed into David Tenannt.

Strange.

Quote:
Hopefully the Library of Bob will have a holodeck.

You must have missed this...

Quote:

Never fear! We have Holosuite Bob! (TM*) to provide for all our entertainment needs!! Need a date? He can whip one up in a flash, either in your own mind or if you prefer a custom created construct! Yes thats right, Bob is useful for all kinds of things and not just getting laid! With the Library of Bob at her disposal a witty constructed Geisha of Bob can lobby pleasing repartee all night long!

laugh

So Courier...did you want to comment on any possible connections between Bob and the rest of us?

Bob used to sell cars. He's also a failed Hollywood type. 2% of actors get 98% of the jobs, the other 98% do things like sell used cars. He's very very smooth, social attributes major before.

So he could easily have sold anyone a car, or have acted in the local college as a volunteer, that sort of thing.

Archived