Sign in to follow this  
Sign in to follow this  
Drew

Aberrant: 2011 - Good and Evil

I don't know if this has been posted before, but what the hell.

Are good and evil objective or subjective? That is, does a universal standard of good and evil exist, or are the standards simply defined by the culture you're a part of and have no greater meaning? It's an old question but one I feel like trotting out.

Culture.

I go into an area and kill some guys as an army thing. The guys I'm killing are going to say I'm evil, the guys I'm helping will say the opposite.

Evil is things society doesn't like, but there's lots of societies.

I think there is real Evil in the world. I think there is a lot of amoral people that aid in the process.

Evil is the concious desire to grind out the life, hopes, and dreams of another person.

Good is the desire to nurture life and hope without thought of reward.

People feel both impulses. How we act on them is were we are in the great struggle between Good and Evil.

Right, whatever. But if good and evil aren't universal constants then why the fuck bother with a moral code at all? Do whatever you want. All that matters is being ready to deal with the consequences of your actions; otherwise let loose.

You work with Good people, avoid or bury Evil People, and be careful to spot the Evil Son's-a-Bitches who try to trick you into thinking they are Good. Barbecue their asses straight to Hell.