Aberrant: Ba'alt - Re: In the meantime...

Rama

Planet Paril

Team HQ,City of Pranth

14:40 hours

Wednesday, September (Suruan) 6, 498 CY

<!--coloro:#FF8C00--><span style="color:#FF8C00"><!--/coloro-->Participants: Allison, Smite, Chronos, Whisper, Rama, Glean, Kara.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

As the meeting comes to a close, Rama cyberkinetically instructs the central mainframe to download all pertinent informatin on Starhaven, Nomikos, Broc, and the World Serpemt Inn onto his datapad. He saves it for later when he will assimilate the information, picking out key bits of information and looking for places in the overall pattern where the Team will be most effective.

For now he looks about at his companions. Eve and the Doctor were preoccupied with the weighty concerns of strategy and the shadow of the Orbs. Smite and Allison were also present but had seemed somewhat aloof to him, still perhaps not trusting fully in his presence on the Team. This was understandable, given the utter destruction using his powers could call down upon them.

Of the newcomers, the eccentric Jedi Richard Thorne had left, seeking his new Dharma in the Galaxies. Rama mentally sent out a prayer, that he might find and fullfill it. Whisper on the other hand, had remained close by, though as a near complete enigma. It was curious how she could blend in...even on the Quantum level...yet remain so distant. Being so attuned to the thoughts of others also meant she often knew what one would say even before words formed in the air. Consequently she would often only speak when she knew she was needed. The exhuberent Glean, who more than any of the others seemed One equally at home amongst the Stars, had gone in search of further nourishment.

Then there was Kara. The very image of a goddess with the power to match. He extended his compassion back to his mortal self, for even among the gods she shone like a Star. Through the clear light of his third eye, Rama could sense beneath the surface a tremendous spiritual might within her, unlike anything he had encountered before. Compassion indeed! Even now he found her to be almost unapproachable. Almost.

Rama bows slightly, keeping eye contact, with his palms pressed together in front of the Anahata, as was his custom. He is scarcely recognizable as the quiet Yogi she had first encountered. His face was familiar even through its now sky-blue tone and trio of crystaline eyes. His features however seemed cast as if in a different light, for where once his bearing had been humble, even shy, it was now infused with regal presence. Encased in a richly ornamented raiment of battle, Rama emmanated the kingly virtues of both strength and compassion. Indeed his voice was both steady and soft-spoken, though even now he could not entirely keep a faint tinge of indigo from blushing warmly on his cheeks.

<!--coloro:#4169E1--><span style="color:#4169E1"><!--/coloro-->

"It is good to see you again, Lady Kara."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

The meeting had taken a toll on Kara. Eve has been part of the family since before her father was a member of the military and it was amazing how much she has evolved. Asche must have enhanced her programming and made this model with much more awareness of self. He is known to be notoriously always altering and tweaking things.

But what bothered Kara the most was that Doc acted as if the possible loss of Eve only mattered to him. The possible loss of Eve is not a risk that Kara is willing to take unless she knows all details and she has that right to know. The other issue was that the decision seemed to have already been made.

Kara could sense that many of the group had made advancements but none was as stunning as seeing Rama in his “True Form”. His very being had a very commanding presence and it was no wonder that billions of people had worshipped the likeness of this form.

She looked at Rama in all his glory and could still sense the tinge of uneasiness that her looks caused. But instead of abusing his feelings she returned his gaze and treated him with the honor that he deserved. She smiled warmly making sure that Rama sensed the sincerity and returned Rama's bow appropiately.

“It is good to see you too Rama. I have something for you. I didn’t think it was appropriate to be handing out gifts from my adventures during the meeting but I think this is an ok time to give this to you.”

Kara hands Rama a medallion with the symbol of Shiva on it. “I found this at the World Serpent. There was a primal there that claimed to be Shiva and I bartered with him for the medallion. Do you like it?”

Planet Paril

Team HQ,City of Pranth

Participants: Allison, Smite, Chronos, Whisper, Rama, Glean, Kara.

<!--coloro:#000000--><span style="color:#000000"><!--/coloro-->Some few minutes after the meeting and after Karan has gathered a few pounds of fruits and heavy carbohydrates, he goes looking for Allison. He first returns to the conferrence room where Kara and Rama are talking.

"'scuse me. Where might I find Allison, does she stay here in this building or ...??"

He raises his arms in question and a few round fruits bounce out of his hands. As he is stoops to pick them up, he says;

"I really want to sit with her and catch up a little. That is, unless there is something more pressing to do right now."

Again with an inquisitive look toward Kara as is saying with no little subtelty 'WHat's Pax Con doing here these days?"<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Doc looks at Eve and then at Allison speculatively. He's never been quite sure how far or hard to push Allison, the nature of time made her abilities was maddenly erratic. On the other hand, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Doc says,

<!--coloro:#0000FF--><span style="color:#0000FF"><!--/coloro-->"Allison... as I understand it, in order to fully use the orbs, we need their names. Could you see into the future and simply find them out? Perhaps see how things turn out in general?"<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Mega-Int Translation: Could check on Eve's opperation and see if she'd survive it?

Quote:
Doc looks at Eve and then at Allison speculatively. He's never been quite sure how far or hard to push Allison, the nature of time made her abilities was maddenly erratic. On the other hand, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Doc says,

<!--coloro:#0000FF--><span style="color:#0000FF"><!--/coloro-->"Allison... as I understand it, in order to fully use the orbs, we need their names. Could you see into the future and simply find them out? Perhaps see how things turn out in general?"<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Mega-Int Translation: Could check on Eve's opperation and see if she'd survive it?

Allison sighs, and chews on her bottom lip. "There's something you should know about the orbs, actually. When you were talking about releasing them before, I could see reality start to shift...a whole new set of probabilities being spun up out of nothing. Nothing permanant happened because of it...I think the best way to think of it was like, seismic pre-shocks to a really -MASSIVE- earthquake. Releasing the orbs isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it's a BIG thing. Doing it will change everything, and remake reality and our future."

"Because of that unusual effect, I'm not sure how much faith I'd put in any precognitive events featuring the orbs. Who knows what future I'd be seeing? The real one, or some parallel spun out by an orb?"

"That said, I'd be willing to try."

(note to Rama, Allison is still in the conference room, conferring with Chronos smile.gif)

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->(note to Rama, Allison is still in the conference room, conferring with Chronos smile.gif)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->{{Rama knows that...he just thinks Allison, as well as Smite have been a bit aloof to him, so he's giving them time to get used to him. He assumes this is partly from the danger of his ban-breaking powers, as well as the simple fact of his newness on the Team. It was Glean actually, who was inquiring about her... style_emoticons }}

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->She smiled warmly making sure that Rama sensed the sincerity and returned Rama's bow appropiately.

&#8220;It is good to see you too Rama. I have something for you. I didn&#8217;t think it was appropriate to be handing out gifts from my adventures during the meeting but I think this is an ok time to give this to you.&#8221;

Kara hands Rama a medallion with the symbol of Shiva on it. &#8220;I found this at the World Serpent. There was a primal there that claimed to be Shiva and I bartered with him for the medallion. Do you like it?&#8221;<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Rama is genuinely surprised!

As he looks down upon it, astonished, he blushes just a little bit more. <!--coloro:#4169E1--><span style="color:#4169E1"><!--/coloro-->"A gift?!"<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> He examines it slowly, allowing light to play across the surface while composing himself. <!--coloro:#4169E1--><span style="color:#4169E1"><!--/coloro-->"It's...it is beautiful, Lady Kara...and would have been Ancient even in my time... It also brings many questions to the surface, not the least concerns one who would claim to be Lord Shiva, Destroyer of Worlds..."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

<!--coloro:#4169E1--><span style="color:#4169E1"><!--/coloro-->"Of course, these questions are of small importance. " <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> He looks back up into her eyes, and she can see that the warmth of the gift has touched him. <!--coloro:#4169E1--><span style="color:#4169E1"><!--/coloro-->"I shall wear it, proudly, in your honour.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->" He gives another small, more familiar bow, and then places the medallion upon his breastplate, where it melds into the armor.

"There is something I wish to share with you in return, though I believe it will be best enjoyed once you have taken rest from your long journeys. May I have the honour and pleasure of your company this evening?"<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Kara stops talking to Rama for a moment and reaches for Glean's wrist. "No everything seems to be working properly." She says with a mischievious smile. "I guess it was a longer trip than any of us imagined. Um... Allison is over there." Kara points towards Allison's direction.

*Kara tells Glean mentally, "We can debrief later. Say sometime tomorrow after breakfast."*

Kara smiles to Rama,"Well that was amusing. Um, sure, we can meet later on today. Does it have to wait till later?"

Planet Paril

Team HQ,City of Pranth

Quote:
Allison sighs, and chews on her bottom lip. "There's something you should know about the orbs, actually. When you were talking about releasing them before, I could see reality start to shift...a whole new set of probabilities being spun up out of nothing. Nothing permanant happened because of it...I think the best way to think of it was like, seismic pre-shocks to a really -MASSIVE- earthquake. Releasing the orbs isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it's a BIG thing. Doing it will change everything, and remake reality and our future."
Chronos nods. He'd been expecting this, but it's still unwelcome confirmation. He smiles grimly and says,

<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue"><!--/coloro-->"Smart money says their names aren't set until we pull them out. So largely we're looking at a quantum uncertainty event, so observing the event effects the outcome. On the other hand, if it's not stressful, you might check some of those futures and see what's there. Names might not be stable, but if every future has Big and Bad showing 10 minutes after the operation, that's informative. I'd also be nice to know whether or not Eve survives the surgery in any of them."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->"'scuse me. Where might I find Allison, does she stay here in this building or ...??"

He raises his arms in question and a few round fruits bounce out of his hands.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->Rama laughs brightly at the sight of Karan's arms bursting with food. As several rippened fruits begin to fall a faint shimmer passes across his clear eyes. The fruit halts, floating in mid-air, before gently rising to alight back upon Glean's pile.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Kara smiles to Rama,"Well that was amusing. Um, sure, we can meet later on today. Does it have to wait till later?"<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Rama nods.

<!--coloro:#4169E1--><span style="color:#4169E1"><!--/coloro--> "There is an element of timing involved. Also, an element of travel. While it is but a short journey, you have only just arrived home, and this day is a blessed reunion of friends. You should be with them, as they have missed you dearly. They have much need of your Wisdom and your Strength." <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> He smiles, and gives a small, genuine bow. <!--coloro:#4169E1--><span style="color:#4169E1"><!--/coloro-->"Also, I considered that you may desire some time to be alone."

<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

{{My bad (please spank me) for assuming the rest of the team left and screwing up the posting. I'll correct it here.}}

Assuming the conference room was large and perhaps 'L' shaped, Karan could have justifiably missed Allison and Chronos chatting away...

After Kara's touch fades, Karan steps back gingerly and blinks a few times.

"Ok hun. See ya later. I hear Allison and Chronos over there."

Karan gestures with his head in the direction of the "all seeing red-head."

"Perhaps one of you will accompany me out later and show me the the lights. I have not had any luck before in asking Allison out, and The Doc likely is busy with research or something. Let me know when your available. I never sleep."

The man called Glean walks slowly to the other side of the room toward where he hears Chronos and Allison. He downs another fruit en-route and then stands politely about 5 feet away from Allison, not trying to be rude and assume and interruption into the conversation. He resumes feeding for the moment as he stands idly.

Quote:
{{My bad (please spank me) for assuming the rest of the team left and screwing up the posting. I'll correct it here.}}

Assuming the conference room was large and perhaps 'L' shaped, Karan could have justifiably missed Allison and Chronos chatting away...

After Kara's touch fades, Karan steps back gingerly and blinks a few times.
"Ok hun. See ya later. I hear Allison and Chronos over there."
Karan gestures with his head in the direction of the "all seeing red-head."

"Perhaps one of you will accompany me out later and show me the the lights. I have not had any luck before in asking Allison out, and The Doc likely is busy with research or something. Let me know when your available. I never sleep."

The man called Glean walks slowly to the other side of the room toward where he hears Chronos and Allison. He downs another fruit en-route and then stands politely about 5 feet away from Allison, not trying to be rude and assume and interruption into the conversation. He resumes feeding for the moment as he stands idly.

"I'll see what I can do, Doctor," Allison says to Chronos. "And let you know as soon as I see anything."

She then looks at Glean and smiles. "Don't worry, I see you there. What can I do for you?"

To Glean especially, this Allison seems a far cry from the frequently insecure and shy nova he remembers. She possesses a calm and poise that seems to radiate out from her, as well as a powerful sense of goodwill and benelovence.

Smite had vented most of his concerns earlier. It was nice that this were finally get back near status quo. Allison was back and doing her all knowing bit, and Glean had returned, all they needed now was a certain leader to get of sabatical. But all in all things were moving smoothly.

Checking his organizer for things that had gone wrong since this had started, he was watching everyone get ready to leave. He'd offer to take Glean on the town, but he'd waiting until the spaceman had talked with Allison, and see how things went.

He'd need to hurry, he had a rather intense training session later today. (excuse for abb. manifestation.)

Quote:
To Glean especially, this Allison seems a far cry from the frequently insecure and shy nova he remembers. She possesses a calm and poise that seems to radiate out from her, as well as a powerful sense of goodwill and benelovence.

With a humble head bow Karan smiles at Allison, then to Chronos.
"Time and trials seem to have done well for the both of you, especially you Allison."

Then as he offers the pair something from his snack pile he says;
"I did not mean to interrupt anything but Allison when you have a chance I would also like to speak with you in private. No hurry though. Call me, er, well I guess that might be difficult huh, since I dont have a phone or any com yet."

Karans smile grows a bit as he sets all his snacks down on the table.
"I'll wait here if I can and you can come get me when your ready."

Planet Paril

Team HQ,City of Pranth

Quote:
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->"'scuse me. Where might I find Allison, does she stay here in this building or ...??"

He raises his arms in question and a few round fruits bounce out of his hands.

Rama laughs brightly at the sight of Karan's arms bursting with food. As several rippened fruits begin to fall a faint shimmer passes across his clear eyes. The fruit halts, floating in mid-air, before gently rising to alight back upon Glean's pile.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Kara smiles to Rama,"Well that was amusing. Um, sure, we can meet later on today. Does it have to wait till later?"<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->Rama nods.

<!--coloro:#4169E1--><span style="color:#4169E1"><!--/coloro--> "There is an element of timing involved. Also, an element of travel. While it is but a short journey, you have only just arrived home, and this day is a blessed reunion of friends. You should be with them, as they have missed you dearly. They have much need of your Wisdom and your Strength." <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> He smiles, and gives a small, genuine bow. <!--coloro:#4169E1--><span style="color:#4169E1"><!--/coloro-->"Also, I considered that you may desire some time to be alone."

<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

"I don't know about all that. I have been alone for quite a bit. It feels good to be back with you and the team. I guess call me when you are ready to go. Let me know if I need to dress warm."

Kara then motions to Smite, "So how are all the men doing? Have the enhancements that I have given them helped much?"

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->"I don't know about all that. I have been alone for quite a bit. It feels good to be back with you and the team. I guess call me when you are ready to go. Let me know if I need to dress warm."<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Rama nods once more. <!--coloro:#4169E1--><span style="color:#4169E1"><!--/coloro-->"It will be a pleasure. Please do dress warmly. If you require artificial protection from the rigors of space, then please bring that as well. I myself do require some time alone, to go over notes from the meeting and to study up on the subjects and locales mentioned therien." <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Quote:
Planet Paril
Team HQ,City of Pranth

<!--quoteo(post=1610:date=Feb 23 2007, 07&#58;55 AM:name=Rama)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rama &#064; Feb 23 2007, 07&#58;55 AM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->"'scuse me. Where might I find Allison, does she stay here in this building or ...??"
He raises his arms in question and a few round fruits bounce out of his hands.
Rama laughs brightly at the sight of Karan's arms bursting with food. As several rippened fruits begin to fall a faint shimmer passes across his clear eyes. The fruit halts, floating in mid-air, before gently rising to alight back upon Glean's pile.
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Kara smiles to Rama,"Well that was amusing. Um, sure, we can meet later on today. Does it have to wait till later?"<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->Rama nods.

<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

"I don't know about all that. I have been alone for quite a bit. It feels good to be back with you and the team. I guess call me when you are ready to go. Let me know if I need to dress warm."

Kara then motions to Smite, "So how are all the men doing? Have the enhancements that I have given them helped much?"
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

"The enhancements are working out well for them. We haven't have any mental or physical complications, so I'd say its working out smoothly. I may have a few more ideas, but that maybe be something we can pursue later. Speaking of which, I have a training session I am planning."

Kara says to Rama in a flirtatious not to be taken as an insult tone, "Space... How about we talk this over dinner first before we go leaping into space together?"

Kara says to Smite, "May I join the training session. I may be able to help the wounded." style_emoticons "I promise to not take over the session. I will wear my nurses outfit and everything."

Quote:
Doc smiles and says,

<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue"><!--/coloro-->"Life is good. All of us seem to have evolved, and for the better I think."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Allison nods. "I'll see what I can come up with about that, Doctor. Was there anything else?"

Quote:
Kara says to Rama in a flirtatious not to be taken as an insult tone, "Space... How about we talk this over dinner first before we go leaping into space together?"

Kara says to Smite, "May I join the training session. I may be able to help the wounded." style_emoticons "I promise to not take over the session. I will wear my nurses outfit and everything."

"Heh, I imagine most of the men and some of the women will appreciate that. We are actually planning a bit of a limits test.

They will be going out against me all at once, we can see how long they last. "

Quote:
<!--quoteo(post=1634:date=Mar 2 2007, 07&#58;10 AM:name=Allison)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Allison &#064; Mar 2 2007, 07&#58;10 AM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Allison nods. "I'll see what I can come up with about that, Doctor. Was there anything else?"
Doc says,

<!--coloro:#0000FF--><span style="color:#0000FF"><!--/coloro-->"No, just happy to have you back."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

"Happy to be back," Allison replies with a wink.

She then heads over to Glean to see what's up.

"Hey," she says on reaching him. "It's great to see you again. We were worried when you didn't come to the portal out...but there wasn't any more time."

Quote:
<!--quoteo(post=1626:date=Mar 1 2007, 04&#58;09 PM:name=Kara Rathien)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kara Rathien &#064; Mar 1 2007, 04&#58;09 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Kara says to Rama in a flirtatious not to be taken as an insult tone, "Space... How about we talk this over dinner first before we go leaping into space together?"

"Heh, I imagine most of the men and some of the women will appreciate that. We are actually planning a bit of a limits test.

They will be going out against me all at once, we can see how long they last. "

"That's just being mean. I don't know if they are going to be ready for what you have in store from them. I know the training that we put you through. Are you sure they can handle it? I definitely better come to make sure no body dies. What time is the training session?"

Planet Paril

Team HQ,City of Pranth

14:50 hours

<!--coloro:#ff8c00--><span style="color:#ff8c00"><!--/coloro-->Participants: Allison, Smite, Chronos, Whisper, Rama, Glean, Kara.

<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Quote:
She then heads over to Glean to see what's up.

"Hey," she says on reaching him. "It's great to see you again. We were worried when you didn't come to the portal out...but there wasn't any more time."

Karans face frowns.

"I was distracted at the time what with Tangents outburst and all and Renee's death. There are things in my head that I wish were not there. None the less, I would really like to speak with you privately sometime. No rush really, just know I need to see you."

Quote:
Planet Paril
Team HQ,City of Pranth
14:50 hours

<!--coloro:#ff8c00--><span style="color:#ff8c00"><!--/coloro-->Participants: Allison, Smite, Chronos, Whisper, Rama, Glean, Kara.
<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--quoteo(post=1639:date=Mar 2 2007, 07&#58;23 AM:name=Allison)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Allison &#064; Mar 2 2007, 07&#58;23 AM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->She then heads over to Glean to see what's up.

Karans face frowns.
"I was distracted at the time what with Tangents outburst and all and Renee's death. There are things in my head that I wish were not there. None the less, I would really like to speak with you privately sometime. No rush really, just know I need to see you."

Allison nods. "No time like the present. I haven't got anything else going at the moment. I'm sure you've been issued a room by now. Lets head up and talk there if you want privacy."

Karan agrees that his room would be most welcome. He would definately be uncomfortable going to her room right now.

"Perhaps you can show me where this room is. I am not familiar with the floorplan here yet."

Karan shows Allison his datapad where the details on his apartment are had. He then follows her out of the room.

After processing data for the enitire day, Rama finally relents and seeks out Kara, wherever she may be. He opens a channel with her communications device cyberkinetically. If she answers, he greets her.

<!--coloro:#4169E1--><span style="color:#4169E1"><!--/coloro-->"Good eveining to you, Lady Kara. The event we are to witness occurs soon. Will you require a vacuum suit?"<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

"Hello Rama... I was just about to give the other gifts from my trip to the rest of the team. I didn't know tonight was going to be time sensitive. I guess the gifts will have to wait till later. I have adequate equipment for being in a vacuum. Give me about 30 seconds and I will be ready."

Tabling the training session for the moment, as they are preparing for a trip to space. He seems to both remain and move off, as if there were a ghostly image of himself following a few steps behind him. There is a slight image that seems to move farther behind as he moves more quickly down the corridor towards the equipment room.

Quote:
"Hello Rama... I was just about to give the other gifts from my trip to the rest of the team. I didn't know tonight was going to be time sensitive. I guess the gifts will have to wait till later. I have adequate equipment for being in a vacuum. Give me about 30 seconds and I will be ready."

<!--coloro:#4169E1--><span style="color:#4169E1"><!--/coloro-->"My apologies for not being clearer about the element of timing. If you wish to give your gifts, I can surely speak with you at another time, though I myself must go to witness the phenomena."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Quote:
<!--quoteo(post=1696:date=Mar 13 2007, 07&#58;04 PM:name=Kara Rathien)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kara Rathien &#064; Mar 13 2007, 07&#58;04 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->"Hello Rama... I was just about to give the other gifts from my trip to the rest of the team. I didn't know tonight was going to be time sensitive. I guess the gifts will have to wait till later. I have adequate equipment for being in a vacuum. Give me about 30 seconds and I will be ready."

<!--coloro:#4169E1--><span style="color:#4169E1"><!--/coloro-->"My apologies for not being clearer about the element of timing. If you wish to give your gifts, I can surely speak with you at another time, though I myself must go to witness the phenomena."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

"No worries Rama." Kara uses her orb to instantly change into her Vacuum suit. (Sorry Rama but you don't get a free show :P ) "I am ready to go with you. The gifts can wait till later."

<!--coloro:#4169E1--><span style="color:#4169E1"><!--/coloro-->"As you wish"<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

A circle of light expands into the air, surrounded by a glowing anima of sanskrit runes. No sooner has a Warp opened to Kara's location, than a second opens in the air behind her. Visible on the other side is some sort of violet-hued rock. Rama bows formally.

<!--coloro:#4169E1--><span style="color:#4169E1"><!--/coloro-->"After you M'lady."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Once through, the Warp closes leaving the two godlings standing on a desert mesa, a vast expanse stretching out before them. The sky glows with gradiated shades of red, pink and and orange, radiating out from a setting golden sun. Above them, the apex of the vault of heaven is showing the first blush of indigo as the bright curtain of day falls away to reveal a staggering saturation of stars glittering beyond.

In this moment, all is quiet, save for the whispering wind rising from the quickly cooling desert floor.

Glean comes down about an hour later from visiting with Allison and then heads out to a balcony somewhere and sits dormed in the quiet of the night. He will welcome anyone to talk to but does not go out of his way to chat.

Quote:
<!--coloro:#4169E1--><span style="color:#4169E1"><!--/coloro-->"As you wish"<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

A circle of light expands into the air, surrounded by a glowing anima of sanskrit runes. No sooner has a Warp opened to Kara's location, than a second opens in the air behind her. Visible on the other side is some sort of violet-hued rock. Rama bows formally.

<!--coloro:#4169E1--><span style="color:#4169E1"><!--/coloro-->"After you M'lady."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Once through, the Warp closes leaving the two godlings standing on a desert mesa, a vast expanse stretching out before them. The sky glows with gradiated shades of red, pink and and orange, radiating out from a setting golden sun. Above them, the apex of the vault of heaven is showing the first blush of indigo as the bright curtain of day falls away to reveal a staggering saturation of stars glittering beyond.

In this moment, all is quiet, save for the whispering wind rising from the quickly cooling desert floor.

Kara walks through the Warp and admires the beautiful landscape. She is a bit surprised that Rama would take her to a desert. The sunset is quite beautiful and she admires the simple beauty of the changing colors as the sun disappears.
The rest of her mind is scanning the planet for sentient thoughts, if the planet is hospitable to Terran life, and as the stars appear she is attempting to figure out what planet he has taken to her to.

• 2 weeks later...

Kara's scans reveals that Rama has taken her to the middle of no where... literally. She guesses that he was really serious about spending some alone time with her. (ST you forgot to tell me if there was oxygen here. I will assume there is because the next move might be really disastrous in a vacuum.) As the heat of the sun starts to wane, Kara snuggles closer to Rama feeling the warmth of his body and the comfort of his body. She refrains from scanning his surface thoughts and just lets the moment absorb her.

"This place is BEAUTIFUL!!! Rama?! How did you find it?"

{{There is in fact an atmosphere, with slightly enriched oxygen content.}}

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->As the heat of the sun starts to wane, Kara snuggles closer to Rama feeling the warmth of his body and the comfort of his body. She refrains from scanning his surface thoughts and just lets the moment absorb her.

"This place is BEAUTIFUL!!! Rama?! How did you find it?"<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Rama in his Godling aspect feels much more at ease in Kara's presence. As she draws near, he allows their bodies to connect with just the right amount of pressure.

<!--coloro:#4169E1--><span style="color:#4169E1"><!--/coloro-->"I have a vast curiosity of stellar cartography. Ariving at this moment in history has provided me with more fascination than I could have hoped for when embroiled in the warring drama of a solitary Earth. While delving through the computer's memory core, I found an obscure reference to this planet, denoted by only its alpha-numeric designation. Considered too distant and impractical for colonization, this system was also noted for its unusual concentration of comets...as you shall see shortly."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

<!--coloro:#4169E1--><span style="color:#4169E1"><!--/coloro-->"I wanted to bring you here, not only for its picturesque nature, but also as a metaphorical way of expressing my need for perspective in this new universe I have awoken to."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Allowing his attention to withdraw momentaril from the breathtakingly expansive horizon, Rama meets Kara's eyes with an expression of warmth and sincereity.

<!--coloro:#4169E1--><span style="color:#4169E1"><!--/coloro-->"For a number of reasons, I feel that you are trustworthy, and wanted an opportunity to speak candidly away from the ears and recording devices of our headquarters."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Kara listens to Rama as he explains the choice of visiting this "rock" with genuine interest.

Kara meets Rama's gaze with eager intent with a sincere interest to what he has to say."Of course you can trust me. And there is always ways around the recordings and the other devices... most things do have an off switch. So what is on your mind?"

Kara watches Rama in his "God" form and admires the regal demeanor that he demonstrates and the deep control of his voice. She is amazed to see how this is a far cry from the man who passed out when he first saw her. It is funny that he chooses this form to speak to her.

As the velvet curtain of night is pulled over the vast horizon, the desert floor comes alive, as countless small creatures of all kinds venture forth from their shaded daytime sanctuaries.

Rama smiles back at the Godess holding him.

He nods at her reply before continuing.

"I know that you are no stranger to Perception. Few who look upon you are not entirely captivated by your unearthly visage. I want you to understand that I have looked past the veil of your flesh and seen the Spirit inside. You possess a Soul unlike any I have ever encountered, and I believe it is that which shines through so brightly. Surely there is no configuration of mere bone and sinew capable of moving one's heart so. It is for this very reason of perception and perspective that I must frequently relinquish my power. I never want to forget the simple pleasures of being only a man. To always remember what it is to feel small before Creation. To understand the perspective of those for whom Life's blessings come in...less dramatic ways. To appreciate that the small and humble is in every way as important and beautiful as the Grandest of Stars."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

He breaks from her eyes and sweeps an arm across the expansive valley

<!--coloro:#4169E1--><span style="color:#4169E1"><!--/coloro-->"Behold! This world is largely composed of desert, such is its climate and proximity to its Star. It was deemed too remote...too inhospitible for Life... Most look upon a desert and see death...a wasteland. Yet even in the most difficult of places, life not only survives, but thrives! The land before us teems with life! And...ah! It is time!"<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Rama points towards the heavens, where finally made visible is the sight of an enourmous comet in the sky. Its tail must extend for millions of kilometers. Within a few moments, the tail has brushed the atmosphere, and the whole sky begins to glow with a luminous dance of color and light.

Rama beams, and he couldn't look happier.

<!--coloro:#4169E1--><span style="color:#4169E1"><!--/coloro-->"As I mentioned, when looking into unique astronomical phenomena, I came across mention of this planet. With few other planetary bodies and such a large oort cloud, Comet activity is particularly dense. Every few hundred years, one approaches close enough that the ionization of the tail reacts with the upper ionoshpere. I wanted to see it with my own eyes...and to share it with you..."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

{{Like this...but *much* larger, and with more colors filling the sky, and flying *up* over the horizon rather than downward...}}

Comet_P1_McNaught02_-_23-01-07.jpg

"Rama, THANK YOU for sharing this moment with me. I appreciate your kind words and I appreciate you bringing me to this amazing place." Kara turns and looks Rama. "Your perception of me is appreciated but I do not think that it is completely accurate. When I left the group to hunt the people who attacked me... I think you would be appalled at what I did to them. I just fear that one day I will scare you."

Archived