Aberrant: New PBeM game...N-Day!

SkyLion

I'm sorry guys, I'm out of this game. I'll write an email when I get home but PbeM just doesn't work out for me. On the forums I could keep better track of things and post up to 20 times a day if necessary, but via eMail... it interferes too much with my private and jobstuff. Sorry again, would've loved to make more contact with you all.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally Posted By: Joani Walters
I'm sorry guys, I'm out of this game. I'll write an email when I get home but PbeM just doesn't work out for me. On the forums I could keep better track of things and post up to 20 times a day if necessary, but via eMail... it interferes too much with my private and jobstuff. Sorry again, would've loved to make more contact with you all.

Set up a seperate Gmail account. I had to do this as well as it was chaos in my inbox. Seperate account, with your characters name or variation (Almost every variant of Titan Omega was taken...seriously! Who picks an email addy like that????!!!)

You can do it! Play with us!

or heck any email account would do, though gmail is nice in particular since it organizes respones into threads rather than taking up a new line each time.

Why doesnt your work allow gmail? Its the best! And this coming from a former skeptic and naysayer...

High security issues at work. Some sites are banned. Nprime obviously isn't and I have a way of bypassing a few things. But gmail isn't one of those and I can't make the guys from IT change their minds about it. It would cause to much arousal and I may get fired because of it.

Remember - I'm working for THE major bank in Germany. These people here have no humor...

Originally Posted By: *Overload*
hmmm, didnt realize that. Did you tell them that Gmail offers a high security high encryption upgrade?

They use their own system paired with Lotus Notes. I'm not influential enough to make people change their minds. I'm going to be ok with access from home... I just have to get used to it.

Hee...my office uses Notes too.

Anyway, it's taken me an inordinate amount of time to finish my character's mechanics. I want to post what I have to get some feedback and responses. If I can finish it up today, then I'll send my response in tonight. Then, assuming it's not way too late and I've been kicked out, hopefully I'll be caught up with y'all.

Mew.

Basically, the only conundrum I have left is if I should taint my telepathy to get enough NP to either buy another dot of something (probably Mirage) or buy a dot in a new power (like Dominate or Empathic Manipulation). Thoughts anyone?

Name: Cassandra

Nature: Conniver

Attributes:

Strength *

Dexterity **

Stamina ***

Charisma ***

Manipulation *****/*

Appearance ****/*

Intelligence ***

Perception ****

Wits ***

Skills:

Athletics **

Drive **

Awareness ***

Bureaucracy **

Computer **

Biz *

Perform ***

Etiquette **

Style ***

Subterfuge ***

Willpower: ***** *

Quantum: ***

Quantum Pool: 26/26

Taint:

Initiative: 5

Soak: 3b 1l

Walk: Run: Sprint:

Exp: 0

Quantum Powers:

Telepathy ****

Mirage *

Mega Manipulation *

- Voice

Mega Appearance *

- Mr. Nobody

+3 Attributes

Backgrounds:

Resources **

Node ***

Bonus Point Spending

+2 quantum 14

+3 Willpower 6

+1 Attribute

ok, since everyones been posting their sheets - here is mine:

Name: Sascha Jameson

Nature: Survivor

Attributes:

Strength ++

Dexterity ++++ / +

Stamina ++++ / +

Perception ++

Intelligence ++

Wits +++

Appearance ++++

Manipulation ++

Charisma ++

Skills:

Brawl +

Athletics +++

Drive +

Firearms ++

Stealth ++

Endurance +++

Resistance +++

Awareness ++

Academics ++

Computer ++

Linguistics +

Style +++

Streetwise ++

Perform ++

Willpower +++++ +

Quantum ++++

Quantum Pool 28/28

Taint +++++ ++

Initiative 8

Soak 5B/3L

Quantum Powers:

Bodymorph (Fire) +++++

Elemental Anima (Fire) +++

Mega-Stamina

- Adaptability

Mega-Dexterity

- Accuracy

Backgrounds

Attunement +

Dormancy +++++

Node +

Originally Posted By: Lily
Bwah! I guess I've been too gunshy about getting a couple dots of taint. Hee! smile

Depends on how long the game runs and how much the ST choses to hammer us with taint. I tend to go with Taint-light because I look at the basic human interaction rules for those with high taint. Do you really want that +1 Difficulty on all your social rolls dealing with baselines? Do you want people to cringe and small children to cry when you walk by - all the time?

Joani, whatis your taint level? It looks like you have it at a 7.

Also, how many nova points are you?

It is at 7 and there are reasons for it. I do know all the social drawbacks coming with it - Sascha may not seem your average hero I suppose.

@Sky - Bodymorph is 3x Density Decrease and 2x Immolate (Lethal)

Elemantal Anima is Blast, Movement (as flight/jetstream) and Enhance/Diminish

Everyone else sharing their sheets made me realize that I haven't shared mine yet (how lax of me!). So here's Samuel's details for y'all to look over.

Player Name: Cottus Centimane

Birth Name: Samuel Erickson

Nova Name: Draco/Herensuge

Concept: heroic monster

Nature: caregiver

Weight: 7680 kg. (16,931 lbs.) (120kg in human form)

Height: (6’6” in human form) 3.66 meters at the shoulder (equal to 12’), standing height is 14.5 meters (equal to 42’5”)

Neck Length (including head): 5 meters (equal to 16’5”) Body Length: 4.88 meters (equal to 16’), Tail Length: 6.6 meters (equal to 21’8”), Total Length: 16.48 meters (or about 54’1”), Wing Span: 16 meters (equal to 52’6”)

Age (apparent age): 19 (indeterminate) (born Oct 21st, 1978)

Ethnic Background: Caucasian

Nationality (place of origin): American

Eye Color: Bright gold with vertical irises (golden brown in human form)

Hair Color: N/A (sandy blonde in human form)

Handedness: right

General Appearance: looks like an enormous dragon. In his human form he’s an exceptionally tall young man with rather Nordic looking features. Due to his eruption he now has a cut athlete’s build and chiseled good looks.

Attributes:

Str: ***** (athletic)

Dex: ***** (agile)

Sta: ***** (resilient)

Per: ***** (keen nose)

Int: ***** (excellent memory)

Wit: ***** (clever)

App: ***** (imposing)

Man: **

Cha: **

Abilities:

Athletics: ****

Drive: *

Martial Arts: *****

Stealth: ****

Endurance: ****

Resistance: ****

Awareness: ****

Computer: *

Survival: **** (hunt)

Tactics: **

Weave: *****

Intimidate: ****

Backgrounds:

Dormancy: ****, Eufiber: *****, Node: **, Resources: *

Quantum: ****, Quantum Pool: 36 (with “Eufiber”)

Taint: ***** **

Willpower: ***** **

Health: 11, Base Soak: 22/18 (with “Eufiber”)

Initiative: 10

Movement:

run: 63m/17m in human form (75.6/20.4kph – 47/12.7mph), sprint: 141m/35m (169.2/42kph – 105/26mph), flight: 63m (75.6kph - 47mph)

Flaws: Carnivore (-3 pt), Enemy (-3 pt) Jonas Huddleston.

Merits: Eufiber Attuned (3 pt), Quantum Recovery (3 pt), Huge Size (4 pt), Acute Sense: Smell (1 pt), Acute Sense: Hearing (1 pt)

Aberrations: permanent power (body morph), sexless

Mega-Attributes:

Mega-Strength: * (effectively *****) – leap

Mega-Stamina: * (effectively ***) – adaptability

Powers:

Impenetrable Hide: Armor (super heavy): **

Body Modification: Tendril (tail), extra limbs (2), Tendril (neck)

Body Morph (dragon): **

Magnificent Scales: Force Field: *

If I may be so bold. Hope Cottus doesn't mind, but I know he's got alot on his plate...

Only 2 aberrations: Perm Power is high level so counts as 2 medium level ones. Same thing with Sexless counting as 2 low level.

Carnivore is a flaw because in spite of his adaptability he must still eat. Second he has to eat *alot* of meat...like entire cows. Third if he eats anything with vegetable matter (and Im guseeing this allpies to what might be still digesting inside said cow) he has a nasty allergic reaction. Keep in mind almost every food these days has some kind of vegetable product in it.

Flight is accomplished through weaving glider wings with his "eufiber" (actually just a mechanic for his protean scales).

2 dots in Sizemorph for the BM.

-Duo has special optional rules concerning Aberrations. Basically, you can exchange 2 minor aberrations for 1 mid-level, and 2 mid-levels for one high-level. So I exchanged my 2 minor aberrations and 1 of my mid-levels for the Permanent Power Aberration. This left one mid-level aberration left over. This is why Sam has Perm Power even though his taint is at 7, not 8.

-None of us "already have to eat meat." That's why there are vegetarians out there. Sam literally can't eat anything other than meat! There are animals in nature (such as cats) that are what're referred to as True Carnivores, and these animals have digestive systems that are incapable of processing plant matter, and can only draw the necassary nutrients from the flesh of other living creatures (this is why there's one of kind of pet food for dogs, and another for cats; dogs can eat plant matter, cats can't). So Sam gains no benefit whatsoever from eating anything other than meat, and instead he actually takes damage if he consumes any significant amount of organic matter other than flesh. Considering that Sam can only eat meat, and considering the fact that the vast majority of consumer food products on the market contain stuff other than meat in them, Sam is going to be facing no small amount of difficulty in procurring enough food to satisfy his dragon-sized appetite that isn't also poisonous to him.

-"Flight" in this case is from the use of his Wings/Patagia, which he gains through a combination of his Extra Limbs and the use of his "eufiber" (which isn't actually eufiber at all, but which uses the same mechanics, so same difference). The listing for Wings/Patagia says that you glide at your character's Running speed, which is 63m in Sam's case.

-Both dots of Bodymorph are assigned to Growth. However, he also gains a boost to his movement rates. Since all of the canon forms of Bodymorph grant between 2 and 6 NPs worth of free powers/bodymods/enhancements, I requested that Duo allow me to take this boost to his speed to reflect the modification of his body to a sleek, quadrupedal form built for speed and power. Compared to what some of the other forms of Bodymorph offer, this is a negligible benefit.

*Overload* seems to know more about my PC than I do. The enhanced movement is part of his Bodymorph, which is a permanent power, as such all aspects of it are "on" all the time unless he dorms down.

I originally designed Sam a long time ago for another game of Duo's that never came about. But shortly thereafter another ST started up an XWF game, and indicated that since all XWF matches usually run from several minutes to an hour, any prospective PCs would need to have some way of engaging in nova-level combat for much longer than the typical 3-7 turns of a normal fight. So everything about Sam's build is designed to make him as q-independant as possible. His Bodymorph is permanent, his Superheavy Extra (which grants 4 extra soak and adds +2 diff to hit him) costs 3qp for an entire scene of activation, his bodymods cost nothing, and his FF (his most expensive power) is a Maint power and can be used as a PowerBlock, so he doesn't need to have it up all the time. With his eufiber-mechanic-using "protean form" he can also make use of the Weave ability, gaining Claws, Spines, Chromatophores, and Wings (and a few other things as well), also at no quantum cost.

My goal was to create a starting-level PC who could compete at the Black Circle level of the XWF without fear of running low on Juice.

Because after all this time, I still am not done yet.

Creatively, it's just not gelling. I keep thinking I want to start all over...then change my mind...

And I just know that if I start a game with low momentum like that, it's going to be a real chore. Especially since this game isn't much of a social one...we're starting out separately...and my character as written wouldn't be terribly team oriented anyway...

I'd pretty much have to start over at this point, and it's already been over a week when I was supposed to respond within 24 hours.

That was just to erupt on Nday. Now you would be a new eruptee in the week or two after. No biggie. Also sometimes I find that I need to start over a couple times cuz something or everything about a character just isnt working right. In fact I am strongly considering retiring Rama for someone a little better suited for Baalt, now that I understand it a lil better.

All Im saying is dont be so quick to give up. And there is a core of us who want to band together. its just that we are starting seperate and will find each other in game. Once we meet, if people want I was going to suggest we all create threads for what has happened with our characters since i know I find it entertaiing to read other players stories...

Besides i enjoy your Allison character so much I was looking forward to gaming with you in a more accesible setting...

I appreciate that, and I look forward to gaming with you as well.

That said, I'm having some issues with the character, and with the game's format. Mostly my character.

This character, as you'll probably know, is a "remake" of Whisper, set to a lower power level. But I see now that Whisper is just a bad concept for a game. At least as a PC. She's too much of a lone wolf. Too selfish and manipulative. She's a lot like Jack in the Green used to be; powerful, but untrustworthy...someone who skulked in the background doing their own thing and not really interacting with the others.

I don't want that.

I also don't know if I like how disconnected the characters in the game are. I feel like I have little to no control over what other characters I come into contact with, or interact with.

So I'm willing to wait for the next game. There's always a next game. smile

Archived