Aesira

Originally Posted By: Aesira
I mean I have started doing something new and now I have started to change physically.
It's really hard to comment on that without sounding like a dirty old man.

I have never had memories of who I was before becoming a nova.
How does that relate?

I have no concrete information on how old I was before my eruption.
Oh!

So basically you might have been a girl and not a woman. And now you have become one.

Congradulations I guess. If my logic is correct then that's a clue towards your real age. Maybe you can backtrack from that and get your real name and such.

That would be "too aware", but anyway. I have trust issues and that leads me to not want to publish a description of myself, or even a distinguishing characteristic.

"I care,"? Oh really.

I asked a simple question at the start of this thread. If you can't answer it then so be it.

No. I haven't changed at all.

And I do care Aesira, if I didn't I wouldn't bother asking for a more detailed description of your problem. It just irks me that your dang vague about it. How do expect people to help if you don't trust anyone, hmm?

'too aware' Pardon me... I seemed to have misplaced my absolute perfection there for a moment... oh... wait... I'm just a guy. A regular... average guy... who just so happens to be a terrible speller.

Sue me.

Because you seems so alone and vague about everything, like you don’t get out much. I've read your posts, you'll spill all sorts of interesting things and then stop and say: "I will say no more."

Then why the heck did you bring it up?

You can't remember anything before you erupted; you make it a point to mention that almost any chance you get. Why? Forget the past, you have an entire future ahead of you to mold and sculpt into anything you want it to be. Live a little, all that we have are the memories we make.

You can't trust, or so you say, and that's a sad. You must trust and believe in people or life becomes impossible.

Jaunt, It's hard to "forget the past" when you don't know what you are giving up. I, like Aesira, have no recolection of my life before Eruption. I've ben lucky enough to piece a few things back together and reclain some of my old life, but there is still an emotional disconnect and there are still large pieces of the puzzle missing.

To just flippantly say "forget who you were" to someone who doesn't remeber who they were is just cold.

Originally Posted By: Mr. Power
Jaunt, It's hard to "forget the past" when you don't know what you are giving up.

Bullshit. It makes it all the more easier since you have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Quote:
I, like Aesira, have no recolection of my life before Eruption.

Hey! Me too. Kudos to us. We should all get together and make jokes about the lack of originality our collective nodes have. You want a fuckin' cookie or something?

Quote:
I've ben lucky enough to piece a few things back together and reclain some of my old life.

To sit there and rub that into someone's face who hasn't been able to recover anything about their past or the loved ones they left behind... that's just cold bro.

Shoulda kept that to yourself.

Quote:
To just flippantly say "forget who you were" to someone who doesn't remeber who they were is just cold.

Naw, it makes sense. Hell, if you think about it, she's already done it... me too, heh heh. We've already forgot, trying to peice together and a person together that you've never met or know nothing about is a waste of the person you are now and the potential you possess. I've never bothered rumaging around for my past. If I'm meant to know it will find me, in the mean time I have a life to live.

And this Aesria chick is a waste of time guys, if she really wanted help then she would have come flat out and stated her problem. When people are only telling half the story or being incredibly vague about shit they're either begging for attention or making it up.

Hey, screw you guys. I didn't see any of you jumping up to put in your two cents until it you saw the opportunity to give me crap.

I do care about people and the problems they are dealing with, but I'm not about to sit here and catch flack for it. Since you all are so high and mighty you go help her.

I'll go crawl under my rock of obscurity, at least it's quiet there.

Later

Both you, Primal, and Jaunt don't like me being vague. I get it. If you don't like it, please don't bother responding. I have explained my reasons for both asking my question and being vague. I do not trust readily. It is how I have learned to survive. I have also learned that there are people willing to help me even with my vagueness.

Please just answer the question if you feel like it. Don't if you don't. I have no need of your criticisms.

Interesting. I was trying to control lightning and I ended up controlling the whole storm. Since then I have noticed a physical change - not related to puberty. This change started out as very minor, but has been progressive. Has this happened to you?

Change is transient, at least where I am concerned. That being said, I believe that Aesira is speaking of QBS. I myself am a sufferer of QBS. Mine however, were a product of my eruption, and not as a result of using my node. For me, my node is an issue all it's own.

Recently, I was told (after another round of CT's) that I have what is termed a 5th instar Node. It has grown from earlier. Why, I use my powers too much, I suspect.

Of interest to researchers, is why I have not developed mental problem due to the pressure that my enlarged node puts on my brain. What they can puzzle so far is that my brain rewires itself around the node. They think it is an organic funtion of my brain, but they are not sure. I have my own theories, however, but I won't bore you with the theoretical.

So in response to your initial question...No, I have not exibited 'outward' changes. I have however had in increase in Node size due to my constant use of powers. (Somehow my node recognizes that I use my powers so much that it compensates by growing in size.) They tell me that I will develope mental problems if I keep it up.

That's some useful information. Now I must figure out how to find an illegal clinic and have myself checked out - a clinic that can do CT scans ...

I have been using my powers increasingly recently. I find it elevating. I don't know if that has caused my node to grow, but that is a possibility, I guess.

If it is QBS then I've heard of worse things to go wrong for a nova.

I don't know if you need an illegal clinic. In fact, I didn't know that getting a CT was illegal! Aw Bloody hell!

Any way, a Rashoud facility can do a CT. Also, you can visit a regular medical facility. They can do a CT for you. You can compare the most recent results with an earlier scan.

I don't know if it's your node giving you some sort of QBS or not, but if you have used your powers alot, it might be. Maybe I will speak to my superiors about initiating some research into it.

I would prefer that other people not have more information about myself than I have. It is a quandry I have placed myself into.

I don't trust Project Utopia, I don't trust the HTT, and I don't trust the local government. They all have a vested interest in finding a use for me instead of helping me.

Aesira,

If I can get you tested anonymously, would you be interested? No one would know it was you. I would run the CT machine myself, and the results would be analyzed by a friend of mine. He would not be aware of whose brain it was he was looking at. Frankly, he could care less.

The only people who would know about the test and results, would be yourself and I.

Thank you for your offer, but that is too far for me to fly. Heck, just getting around from town to town is still a struggle, but I am getting better.

I will use your advice and consider finding some legal help, as much as it irks me.

Can you use one of your storms to carry you places? I know it is presumptuous of me, but you did say that you can control storms. I figured you might be able to utilize them as a means of transport. They are effective if used properly.

Anyways, good luck to you. If you need to learn more of yourself, send me a private message.

I tried using the storm winds to carry myself about, but ended slamming myself into the ground - several times.

Sounds like a blast. I've a problem with momentum from time to time. When I move my powers don't take into account my speed, so sometimes I'll arrive someplace dashing full tilt into whatever is in front of me.

I've been practicing too. We have an old swimming hole up in the mountains, so I run and 'jaunt'... if I get it right I stop with no problem, but if I screw it up I launch myself at full speed into the water. I've been having a ton of fun with it.

Try making practice a bit more relaxing or more fun. I've been trying to beat my own distance records for screw ups. So far I've been screwing up less and less.

I took me some time getting used to flying. My issues were with physics. It is hard to fly with wings made of unusual substances. I slammed into the ground, when I changed into a bird made of iron and jumped off the garage. I had wings, but my weight was too great. Don't even try it when made of a heavier than air liquid....what a mess.

Archived