Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Vixen

Your wishlist

98 posts in this topic

Not that anyone requested this, but if you go to the full reply screen you'll see that there is a list for lots of embedded things, mostly video now. That's something that I'll be expanding on so that people can more easily share other things online that they are interested in.

Originally Posted By: Vivi OOC
I was reminded of this recently, and wondered if it could be implemented here.

On other forums, there's an option to ignore a specific user's posts- instead of the content of their post, all you see is a notice reminding you that you're ignoring them. (It's clickable, in case you want to read a specific post by said user, but you still have to stop ignoring them if you want to read them all normally.)

Ideally, no one would have a reason to use this, because we're all adults and should be able to get along, but I think it would be useful nonetheless.

This is in place. Click on their name and then click view profile. In the blue bar you'll see a link to ignore the person.

Originally Posted By: Bastion
In the character profiles section of the various forums if you click 'subject' it'll list them all alphabetically.

Is there anyway to make that a default setting? Characters listed in alphabetical order is a pretty handy thing.

I mentioned it elsewhere, but I'm trying to work down my to-do list and wanted to comment that this is now active.

Originally Posted By: jameson (ST)
Chosen, I've no idea if this would be possible but is there any way that you could allow us some sub folders or some other organization for PMs? I'm not sure about anybody else but it would help me to organize all my different games I run under this account.

Originally Posted By: Vivi OOC
Speaking of PMs...
Is there any way to add people to an existing PM discussion? That would be fantastic.

The next version of the forum software is a pretty radical rewrite. It will make things much easier going forward, but unfortunately it will pretty much require any work done between now and then to be redone for the new system.

Because of that I won't be moving forward on either of these issues, even though I recognize they are important. I will try to get them installed at some point in the future, just probably not within the next 6 months.

Originally Posted By: jameson (ST)
I don't know if it's possible but a Dice Roller would be nice.

People that I have talked to in chat this week already know about this, but for the rest of you I just want to let you know that the dice functionality is ready to start public beta testing. I am going to beta test one game at a time to make sure that we can work out all of the bugs before it gets used across the site. This is a custom program that I am working on from scratch to introduce dice into the site.

People have been asking about this for many, many years and I am finally glad to be able to provide this for everyone. If you have questions, feel free to ask them. Otherwise I'll have more details based on the feedback I get from the individual beta tests.

Speaking of a dice roller, what about a dice roller in the chat room? (If that is possible)

~ Min

Originally Posted By: Minerva
Speaking of a dice roller, what about a dice roller in the chat room? (If that is possible)

~ Min

We already have that. smile You can roll dice in the chat:

/d XdY + Z

Where X is the number of dice, Y is the sides and Z is any bonus.

Hi... I got a actual idea that might be useful, particularly for IE players... can we get a word count feature for the forums? It would make things easier, or a way to export a thread as a Word/OpenOffice document without user names and stuff so we can make a proper word count check?

Otherwise it's a real tedious project.

Work on the next big site update is progressing slowly, but surely.  It has been a really long time since anyone posted anything to the wishlist.  If you have an idea that you think could be useful for the site please post it here.

Please post any site functionality that you would like to see added or changed, as well as any general suggestions that you think would benefit the site.

I love the Quick Switch feature but some of us are still having trouble with it logging us out to our main account indiscriminately. On IE, the browser thinks that Datura is my primary and defaults to that. I know that logging out and clearing cookies will solve this but I'm hoping that you can figure out something that will just fix it for good? I mean, I love quick switching and I think it's awesome. Just fixing that issue would make it perfect.

Onsite diceroller would be nice :D

I will be updating the dice roller functionality after the next site update.  I'll post more in the dedicated thread when I'm getting ready to work on it.

I love the Quick Switch feature but some of us are still having trouble with it logging us out to our main account indiscriminately. On IE, the browser thinks that Datura is my primary and defaults to that. I know that logging out and clearing cookies will solve this but I'm hoping that you can figure out something that will just fix it for good? I mean, I love quick switching and I think it's awesome. Just fixing that issue would make it perfect.

How this feature works may change completely in the future.  Every bit of functionality for the site has to be reprogrammed from scratch.  This is a high priority for me and I'll do my best.

Oh god, an autosave would be nice. I just lost hours of work :(

How did you lose your work?  There is currently a version of this now.

If you look at the image below you'll see the autosave link in the bottom left of the editor pane.  If you come back to the page you should be able to recover the autosave by clicking the link.

pre_1423232393__autosave.png

With the new version it removes the need for the button.  I've tested it in Firefox, Chrome and IE. If I refresh the page, close the tab or even close the browser the content is still there when I come back.  It may nto work in every circumstance but I think it will have most issues covered.