Followers 0
Vixen

Your wishlist

98 posts in this topic

Originally Posted By: Chosen
Be careful what you wish for Bastion. wink

You floored me! I'm still laughing!

Too cool!

Forgive me if this has been covered, but...

The ability to choose HTML or UBB or both in PMs, like we can in regular posts.

I have most of my character sheets in my PMs and it would be cool to see dots

so, not a big deal, I guess... but it is on my 'wishlist'

Chosen, is there any way you can move that Control Panel button at the top of the page to the right in the list? I'm so used to just clicking on that first thing in the row to jump back to the forum list from inside any threads... I've brought up the control panel about half a dozen times this morning already. <chuckles> smile

What about those of us who are used to doing it this way?

Originally Posted By: Titan
Forgive me if this has been covered, but...

The ability to choose HTML or UBB or both in PMs, like we can in regular posts.

I have most of my character sheets in my PMs and it would be cool to see dots

so, not a big deal, I guess... but it is on my 'wishlist'

That will unfortunately not happen any time in the near future. Allowing html opens up the potential for security problems. As long as it is at least public I have a chance to see what is going on and take action before anything too severe happens. Since the PMs are private I would not know until it was too late if something were exploited.

I wish I could help, but risks outweigh the rewards on this one for me.

Originally Posted By: Mr Fox
Chosen, is there any way you can move that Control Panel button at the top of the page to the right in the list? I'm so used to just clicking on that first thing in the row to jump back to the forum list from inside any threads... I've brought up the control panel about half a dozen times this morning already. <chuckles> smile

I guess that is something that snuck onto the site. It is something that only mods & admins see. Since the mods don't really need to do anything in there (as is evident by the fact that there aren't any active buttons for you to click on) I'll try to remove the link ASAP.

This will take me a little longer to fix that I had first anticipated. I moved it to the right of the list so hopefully you won't even notice it is there though.

thanks Chosen. It's just a habit on my part to navigate that way, but I've gotten pretty ingrained in doing it.

In the character profiles section of the various forums if you click 'subject' it'll list them all alphabetically.

Is there anyway to make that a default setting? Characters listed in alphabetical order is a pretty handy thing.

In the character profiles section of the various forums if you click 'subject' it'll list them all alphabetically.

Is there anyway to make that a default setting? Characters listed in alphabetical order is a pretty handy thing.

It's on my to-do list. It's unfortunately harder than it appears though, so it will be a while.

It's on my to-do list. It's unfortunately harder than it appears though, so it will be a while.

Originally Posted By: Seph OOC
I have a suggestion that I thought I might throw out now that the move has been completed(?) and there are more games starting up on the forum-at-large.

This has now been implemented.

I am trying to reorganize the PBP forums to hopefully make things easier to find. It may take a little while to get adjusted to it, but hopefully it will make things easier for new games and gamers.

Damn, you really do deliver. Dude, you rock. I'm starting to think Chosen is really Santa in disguise.

*Runs off to play with his new puppy*

Chosen, I've no idea if this would be possible but is there any way that you could allow us some sub folders or some other organization for PMs? I'm not sure about anybody else but it would help me to organize all my different games I run under this account.

Speaking of PMs...

Is there any way to add people to an existing PM discussion? That would be fantastic.

Both are great suggestions.

Jameson,

We used to have a folder system for the PMs. I'll see what I can do to get something similar in place. Best case scenario is that it will be summer before this could happen.

Vivi,

I'll look into it. This may be easier than Jameson's request, so hopefully it can be integrated earlier. No promises at this time though.

You can say I rock when I actually accomplish something. If I get the praise now then I won't need to do any of the work. grin

I contacted the developer about both of the new suggestions. He said that they have considered adding an option to add new people to a PM, but the reason they didn't is because they aren't sure what repercussions that would have. What if someone thinks this is a private discussion and all of a sudden someone else is introduced that can read everything that has gone on before, which some member of the PM may not want?

Any opinions on the matter?

Put on your big boy/girl britches and get over it? laugh

That's a bit like saying well what if someone tells other people a secret you've told them? Then don't tell them secrets anymore. Being able to add people to a PM would be so convenient and helpful on the boards, imo. I'm all for it.

Plus, it is possible to email a PM thread to another person already so it's not like that argument really holds water. By adding new people to the PM they would at least have the option of knowing when someone else is reading what is going back and forth.

yeah I agree. It's just text so its not like it couldn't be copied out and pasted into a new PM/email/chat

Is it possible to make the 'recent posts' thing longer? Like maybe 20 long instead of 10?

Is anyone else interested in seeing it expanded? Anyone not want it expanded?

I always thought that the 10 latest would be enough there and then people that wanted more would go to the active topics page.

I vote for it to be expanded, since the bottom half of the home page could absorb it anyway.

Or, if possible, an option in preferences maybe, for those that don't/do want it.

I was reminded of this recently, and wondered if it could be implemented here.

On other forums, there's an option to ignore a specific user's posts- instead of the content of their post, all you see is a notice reminding you that you're ignoring them. (It's clickable, in case you want to read a specific post by said user, but you still have to stop ignoring them if you want to read them all normally.)

Ideally, no one would have a reason to use this, because we're all adults and should be able to get along, but I think it would be useful nonetheless.

I tried something new with splitting up the latest posts by the site categories. Is that better or worse? I thought about adding the forum the post was made in, but decided to try this because it takes up less space.