Aberrant: 2011 - Medium Rare With No Time to Spare

Long Pig Johnny

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

He doesn't feed people his shit, he cooks clones of himself or regenerated body parts or something like that. I'm not 100% sure. I do know it's not buckets of shit.

God damn, your into some different kinda kink girl.

To each thier own I guess.

• 4 weeks later...

The word I'm looking for here is Monster.

Dustbin, again I thank you for your honesty. You eat the ashes of dead people. Apparently you have a way of burning people to ash and then you eat the ashes. That's still cannibalism, but that doesn't seem to be a really big taboo around here.

Just so we can keep the play points down:

- you turn people to ash.

- you eat the ashes.

- the ashes of novas (if that is what you refer to as Gods) taste best.

Since you have been so honest so far, I have to ask:

Do you regularly stalk living people down and kill them for sustenance? Do you find yourself wanting to stalk novas for food?

Originally Posted By: Dustbin
You not understanding me. I not eat bodies that are cremated. I can not eat decomposed flesh. If the body is fresh I turn it to ash. Living is best, I know they fresh. Then I eat.

Okay. I find this gross.

I know I'm better than baselines. I don't need to eat them to prove it.

Originally Posted By: Chimera
Yeah, I have to agree with Aesira here. This is getting a bit gotesque and morbid...

Then quit reading.

Quote:
I don't like the idea that someone out there considers me and my friends as a food source. My life is hard enough as is.

How do you think the cows and chickens feel? Look toots, he's higher on the food chain as long as he's coming out the victor. If you got a problem with his diet, go take care of it. Remove him from the cycle.

I remember you from Mech's beach party. I'm kind of glad I left early now. I'm not out to crucify another nova, but certainly hope you and I never meet up again.

You are either going to be the world's most successful serial killer,

caught and put in a small box somewhere deep, dark and far away from the mention of civil liberties,

or end up being put down when your own hunger makes you take on a nova more than capbable of defending themselves.

Taking into account that Dustbin doesn't appear to have the greatest command of the English language - my apologies, Dustbin smile - I don't necessarily think we should be so quick to judge. Dustbin never made it explicit that he kills people to eat them. It's true that he said that he can't eat rotting flesh, but death is a natural part of the circle of live that does leave a somewhat sizable window in between "living" and "decomposing", for all practical purposes. Dustbin might have an arrangement with a helpful morgue, for all any of us know.

As for vilifying his dining habits, who are any of us to criticize? It might not be pleasant, but any of us could have turned out the same way. I've heard of novas that have to eat mercury, or can drink only toxic runoff. These are not happy dietary restrictions, but they are what some of us got saddled with. Not all of us drew Lucky 7's in the genetic lotto, guys. frown

Originally Posted By: LiberTeen
Dustbin might have an arrangement with a helpful morgue, for all any of us know.

As for vilifying his dining habits, who are any of us to criticize? It might not be pleasant, but any of us could have turned out the same way. I've heard of novas that have to eat mercury, or can drink only toxic runoff. These are not happy dietary restrictions, but they are what some of us got saddled with. Not all of us drew Lucky 7's in the genetic lotto, guys. frown

THANK YOU!

Seriously, I make it a big point to not judge someone until I've seen the roadmap from where they're from to where they're at. It's pretty fucking sad that a lot of novas who're all-too-willing to hump baseline leg and overlook their track records get all up in another nova's grill because of how he Erupted.

Lest we forget, humanity has a colorful history of breeding its own gods and monsters. Think about it: What if his node popped and gave him characteristics that were actually necessary to his survival? Try to imagine growing up in a place where eating the ashes of the dead might be a useful survival skill. Odds are, if you grew up in a First World paradise, you can't even fathom it. And that's not taking into account that all sorts of freaky shit happens when a node pops under stress. It's not all "subconscious desires made manifest" New-Age bullshit with the node, people. Sometimes, we pop when we need to survive RIGHT NOW, and the node can't get too choosy with how it does that.

So back off the brother. Unless you've figured out how to cure unnecessary Taint, and can give this guy a fresh start at ground zero, you all need to chill.

Liberteen/Paramancer ...

I wonder how long this understanding will last when you come home to find good ole Dustbin shoveling a friend, or loved one, into his maw.

Seriously Liberteen, did you miss the metaphor:

To ask the lion to not eat the zebra, is to kill him. To ask the demon to not eat souls, is to kill it. I am the lion. I am the demon.

I eat, I live.

He is the lion.

Lions hunt Zebras.

We are the Zebra.

He believes he has to eat freshly dead bodies (turned to ash) to live. You don't 'hunt' freshly dead bodies, only the not dead ones (whose freshness is guaranteed).

Originally Posted By: MisterE
Liberteen/Paramancer ...

I wonder how long this understanding will last when you come home to find good ole Dustbin shoveling a friend, or loved one, into his maw.

Seriously Liberteen, did you miss the metaphor:

To ask the lion to not eat the zebra, is to kill him. To ask the demon to not eat souls, is to kill it. I am the lion. I am the demon.

I eat, I live.

He is the lion.
Lions hunt Zebras.
We are the Zebra.

He believes he has to eat freshly dead bodies (turned to ash) to live. You don't 'hunt' freshly dead bodies, only the not dead ones (whose freshness is guaranteed).

See...I like to think long-term. Can he be cured? Can he get out of the shithole situation that helped make him this way? Because the Teragen would be a great place to find someone who could help him rein the worst of this in. It would take time, and he'd have to do the lion's share (heh!) of the work, but I'm all for assuming he'd rather be in control of his situation until I'm proven wrong.

What's your solution? Imprisonment? A lead projectile to the back of the head? That's all short-term, and I'll bet it's a whole clusterfuck of short-term thinking that got him where he and his society are today. How will that solve anything?

And what's with this "believes" crap? You are aware, aren't you, that there are some novas out there who have to eat really exotic foods to survive, right? No "believes" about it. I really don't want to assume that this guy's hypnotized himself into thinking he has to eat ashes of people, because I can't even begin to fathom how that would occur to anyone. I'll just assume it's a dietary requirement and work from there.

It happens, even though it's not pretty or comforting. Just like life. If it can't be fixed, there's no reason to make him into a demon by accusing him of wanting to end up this way.

And as for laws...why not let the One Race decide on an appropriate punishment? We're the ones most likely to find a cure, to rehabilitate him if he wants. I'd prefer to see him given the opportunity than put down like a rabid dog.

How many Terat novas does he get to eat while you guys are figuring out this cure? I hear you guys taste the best (novas, that is).

Please, by all means take him him. Show him around. Introduce him to all your friends. Remember, don't stand in the way of him being who he truly is (no need to worry about belief).

Originally Posted By: The Paramancer
And as for laws...why not let the One Race decide on an appropriate punishment? We're the ones most likely to find a cure, to rehabilitate him if he wants. I'd prefer to see him given the opportunity than put down like a rabid dog.

I'm not sure where you come from Bozo, but 'cure' him? There ain't nothing wrong with the guy. He ain't sick, he ain't dying. He's a nova with a unique dietary requirement, you can't cure being a nova jack ass.

And he is getting an opportunity, as we speak. Every day he draws breath is an opportunity, one day someone will drop him like a bad habit when he starts licking thier shin while testing for flavor.

The guy got a shitty card, eating ashes sucks balls, but hey, what will be will be. He comes knockin on my door lookin for a meal I'll make him fight for it, he wins then get an opportunity to soo tomorrow and a good rack of Primal ash.

He'll live or die on his own steam, chances are he ain't gonna last long, given a novas metabolism an all.

Primal, all I'm saying is: if we're all worried, why not go out and help him? If we're not all worried, why make it any harder than it has to be? Let's not sit on here, of all places, and point and go "OMG!" at him for being different, with all the shit he's got to deal with as is.

I agree: it is a shitty hand. I'm seriously thinking about putting together an extraction posse and lifting him somewhere better. But he has to want that.

If he doesn't...well, fuck it. We can only do so much.

Recent dead hard to find. Ate many new dead in Angel City after great ground shake. Always eat well where many die at once.

Easier to find living to ash and eat. More of them. Mostly eat them. Need to feed every two days. I not feed, I will die.

Fuck, dude. eek fuckfuckfuckfuckfuck

You chances of survival just tanked. You revealed your whereabouts to a bunch of non-sympathetic novas on an OpSite. Get away from wherever you are and run like hell.

Do you want to keep on living? Or are you going to keep going on your own?

With the current state of LA, and its size, he's hardly given away much. Don't freak. Unless he gives an address I doubt anyone is going to put him away anytime soon.

Remember, he turns bodies to ash in a city covered in dust. What clues are these novas going to be looking for? Him standing on a street corner waving?

Recent dead hard to find. Ate many new dead in Angel City after great ground shake. Always eat well where many die at once.

Easier to find living to ash and eat. More of them. Mostly eat them. Need to feed every two days. I not feed, I will die.

Oh, fuck me running! eek

Yeah, dude, you see a hippie guy who seems real nice and friendly? He's not, I repeat, NOT nutritious! Not even the littlest bit tasty. Too many bad drugs over the years, will make you feel not well!

Yeah, uh, looks like take-out for awhile... crazy

Originally Posted By: MisterE
With the current state of LA, and its size, he's hardly given away much. Don't freak. Unless he gives an address I doubt anyone is going to put him away anytime soon.

Remember, he turns bodies to ash in a city covered in dust. What clues are these novas going to be looking for? Him standing on a street corner waving?

He won't be imprisoned, he'll be disappeared, liquidated, made gone. And with nova support, he won't be able to hid well enough.

Fuck fuck fuck!!!!! mad

Archived