Aberrant: 2011 - Long Pig and the Family

Hugin

Okay, since so many folks get their britches into a bind about backgrounds I'm going to show my hand on Long Pig. I've already done so in chat but this will be clear and folks if they wanna bitch at me can.

I'm spending all my exp on backgrounds for the most part.

Backing from the Camperelli Zukhov, then Influence, Allies and more Resources.

The Board's very own Cannibal Cook is selling off the brains (specifically the nodes) the organized crime for the manufacture of Soma.

That's my plan. Blast away.

Vector, Jhonny Long Pig made a deal with the Director_2008, he managed to make the Clones permanent on the idea that they appear dead. So he can always make more clones, they just are corpses.

This clones by health code standard must be rid of all nerve tissue before being considered eidible, thus JLP just sells his trashcans to the C-Z Megasyndicate instead of feeding them to the pigs. Funky.

The fact that he can use his power so easily to break canon. Making Soma more of a party favor than a illegal and rare powerful drug. It just lessens the impact. Say if I wanted to write a story about the syndicate trying to capture Alex because he is a new nova and easier caught than older ones to harvest him for Soma. Why would they do that if they have their little cash cow boy?

Sorry it takes away elements of the game from others. It lessens the impact of what Soma means and it takes away story potiential from others.

I don't object to your power I object to how you are using it.

A lot of people have a lot of objections about a lot of characters and their abilities/backgrounds/concepts or whatever. I'm certainly no exception. Frankly, none of it means anything unless the Directors take issue with it.

Originally Posted By: Alexander Vector
The fact that he can use his power so easily to break canon. Making Soma more of a party favor than a illegal and rare powerful drug.

I'm doing nothing to alter canon. Soma is still a rare and illegal drug. But, with a regular source it can actually exist. And he's only one source to one crime family. Other crime families, if they want to sell Soma are going to have to have alternate sources.

So, go ahead and write your "My character escapes from the evil badguys" story. Long Pig doesn't impact it at all.

There are already several other sources of Soma.

That Nodespark(other) jerk in China(?) who converts pre-novas into temp novas into soma.

That Teragen drug making nova. In theory he probably only has the poison power... although he might also have Mastery or even Elemental Mastery: Poisons.

Various other novas who get killed and converted... perhaps including dead elites and Chinese novas.

That Terat Porm lady is working on a synthetic version.

Translation: Cannon can support this, and it's one heck of a good reason for various backgrounds at high levels.

Whether or not it makes the rest of us novas safer from being converted is an interesting question, on the one hand he's undercutting the 'kill a nova' supply. On the other, he's probably also creating a bigger market and therefore increasing demand.

Archived