Character Suggestions Wanted

Velvet

Rev and I have been working on a rather major plot event for some time now that ties together both their ongoing "will they/won't they" story with something from Revenant's past.

Unfortunately, with both Butterfly and Caramel's recent stints as the victims of violence/torture, it's been rendered almost completely redundant.

So, while he and I try to re-evaluate said storyline, I'm opening up Velvet's life to suggestions from the peanut gallery. If you're at all interested in voicing an opinion, by all means, let me know what you, as a reader, would like to see. If it's at all feasible, I'll probably make it happen, because at the moment I've got nothing. If not, I'm likely to go with a generic "Happily Ever After" theme and just retire her.

Suggestions? Comments?

Well I know we do not get along Velvet but I will offer up a few ideas.

1. Dark Velvet, What happens is one of Rev's personalities get's inside her head. Her being a telepath can open this possibility.

2. Red Velvet, Send her to all out war with the syndicate who tries to muscle her in one last push. Make it big, WCK needed big. Thrash and trash Chicago on a scale that makes Waki's visits look like simple urban renewal.

3. Blue Velvet.... Dennis Hopper abducts her while sucking Nitros leaving Rev to chase them down to save her. Or for more kick have Hopper abduct Revenant and Velvet has to save him. wink

4. The new Slattern, Given Slattern's break away from pandamonium they might be looking for a new goddess of love. Velvet fits the bill in looks and style now if Narcosis can slip her the mickey to get her in bed with the teragen. Include appearances by many Novas here including Slattern herself possibly!

5. Royal Revenant, A emissary from Latveria arrives to inform Revenant he is the lost prince and now supreme ruler of the mysterious country. Will Velvet tag along and find out the dark mysteries of Revenant's past and who his father truly is?!? smile

6. Uhm.. She joins Project utopia as the Velvet Victor and with her trusty side kick dead boi together they fight crime! smile

Sorry I had to throw some fun ones in there. Hope it helps!

Since you asked …

I would like to see a love triangle between Velvet, BlackThorn, and Revenant. It has several elements that appeal to me.

-First off, you have the tiered ages: Rev at the top, being one of the oldest novas, with lots of power and reputation, then you have Velvet as the seasoned nova, powerful in her area, but with plenty of weaknesses too. Finally you have Tessio as the relatively new nova, still learning about the world and his place in it.

This also transforms their relationships by their ability to get things done. Revenant can kill anyone, with little fear of consequence, because he is so old and tough. Velvet moves on a lower level, and is more into coercion than outright force, but she is powerful in her arena. There is also the power she derives from her connection to Revenant

-Next you have their connections. Velvet is Revenant’s connection to the world. Outside of V, who does he have to really talk to? Tessio and Velvet share ties to the Chicago underworld and have the ‘normal’ number of associates they can relate some of their life experiences with. Also, Velvet connects with people through her club and Tessio connects with the Family. Revenant has no peers.

This gives an interesting twist for Velvet, because there is so much with Revenant that she has no way to relate too. They guy has killed hundreds of people, coldly and callously. When the Apocalypse comes, Rev gets his own Pale Horse. He re-wrote the landscape of a city. How does one relate to that without being able to do that?

V and Tessio come from the streets of Chicago. They both have used their individual gifts to get to were they are, but in the context of the same city and same culture. Even though Tessio is an often threatening factor in Velvet’s life, it’s a definite known. She knows guys like him, knows the people he talks to, and the places he’s grown up. The same goes for Tessio.

- Lastly, I don’t expect any other outcome but Rev and V getting together. It’s were this had been leading and you two have paid your dues. I think that throwing a third character in the mix helps with the drama. I’m willing for it to be Tessio who ends up with the broken heart.

Possible things for you to do:

- Well, lets say that someone from Velvet’s past comes up and needs help, something that delves back into V’s old world, something she doesn’t necessarily want Rev to know about, but she needs help with. She calls Tessio, knowing he will be discreet for her sake. Things go badly and Tessio ends up being the one under the torture’s care. Velvet could come to get Tessio herself, with or without Revenant.

- Velvet discovers something from Rev’s past and she wants to protect Rev from it. With or without Tessio, Velvet has to save him before his past catches up with him.

- The Dark Velvet plotline: Velvet is caught up in her own mind game with her dark past surfacing. Velvet (under DV’s influence) gets Tessio to help, with the real intention of trapping and torturing Tessio. Here the confrontation is between the dark parts of who Velvet was against the person Velvet wants to be. Most of the plotting and counter-plotting goes on in V’s head. If you want to write it, I’m up for Tessio dying.

Hopefully I can write more later.

You know what I'm not seeing here? What I'm really seeing lacking? I think, what's going on here, is a severe lack. Lack, of zazz. There is just no zazz to be found here. A total lack of zazz. I mean, I guess what I'm trying to say, here, is that there are two kinds of ideas for Velvet's future: those with, and those without, zazz.

I really want to zazz this thread up, but I've got to give it some serious thought.

Originally Posted By: Revenant
Originally Posted By: Jager
with the real intention of trapping and torturing Tessio.

Like Vivi said. Done to death.

You know what else has been done to death? The dark and gritty superguy who hates his life. Or boy-gets-girl. Or the heroe against overwhelming odds.

So the fuck what? Certain concepts have been done over and over again but you still can find some great stories using those concepts.

If you can do a good story then do it. Who gives shit if someone else here has done it? Do it better.

Archived