[Fiction] Calm Relaxation

Long

Long knew it was all set properly. The house was immacculately clean, even so it still felt like a home. The comforting aroma of jasmine wafted through most of the house, thanks to a small incense burner or three placed through out the house. He could also smell the coals burning out back in the massive grill. It looked just as his old one had. He walked outside and looked to his implement of choice for today. It was constructed of three black steel barrels large enough to fit a whole deer inside with extra room. A pile of both hickory and Mesquite wood was about twenty feet away, far enough to be safe, close enough to be within easy reach. In the massive Ice house behind the main house, there were at least six whole deer, and four yellowfin tuna of one hundred pounds or more and three full sides of beef if what had already been selected wasn't enough. He inhaled deeply taking in the scent of things, and felt two familiar presences approaching fast. His adopted Children jumped for him, latching onto his digitigrade legs much harder than normal children could. In perfect unison they pelted him with questions. "So we're gonna have a real cookout? Will we get to meet some more people like us? Are they strong like you? What's for dinner? Will Timeslip be here?"

He'd grown used to the two of them speaking in unison, and smiled as he kneeled down to be level with them. "Yes, Yes, You both know strength is measuresd in ways other than raw power, but yes, I'd say they're strong, Dinner will be ready soon, until then it's a suprise." The last question bothered him, but he knew it was best to be truthful. "No, we've discussed this. Timeslip can't come around anymore, it just wouldn't be good for anyone.There's too many bad people after her, and she's staying away because she loves you too much to see you hurt because of her."

"Benkei spoke forst. "It's because she Murder Excavator in Amsterdam isn't it?"

Misato spoke next. "Can't you protect her? Don't you love her?"

Long's eyes enlarged at his childrens' straightforward questions..

"Yes Benkei, she made a mistake and now she faces the consequences of her actions. As to whether or not I can protect her, that isn't what she wants. If I came to her rescue every time she needed me she wouldn't learn to take care of herself. Others would think her weak, that she needed me to protect her."

Misato spoke again. "If we make a mistake will you protect us?"

Long's mind reeled under the jump in Misato's intellect and natural empathy. She was comprehending things on a level far beyond normal children, and her grasp of the the implications of what was said was astounding.

"I will do as all fathers must do Misato. I will always be there to help you. I will protect you from everything I can while you are children. I will teach you all I know of the world, of honor, duty, compassion, and understanding. Once you mature, and become adults, you will be free to make your own decisions. I will help you when you ask, but I will not dole out hand-outs, I will offer you a hand up."

Misato nodded, Long knew she understood him. Benkei reached out and tapped Misato on the shoulder and ran a bit away. "Catch me if you can slowpoke." With that he started away from them.

Meanwhile over their own private link he sent You're putting the adults on the spot again. Stop that. Uncle Ryu has taught us much already, and Ms. Kyoko and Ms. Hino too. But we're still just kids, try to enjoy that. The grown-ups won't tell us everything, but do you really want to know? While we can let's just enjoy being taken care of and given opportunities normal kids never get.

Misato fumed a moment and then looked to Long smiling next to her. "Go play with your brother, just try to stay clean. And don't worry that he's faster than you, I can help you with some special training that should make you the fast one. We'll do it just you and me."

Misato smiled at the thought of actual training alone with her uncle. She'd already scanned the minds of everyone around about what they knew of him. Her own father knew quite alot, from him she glimpsed him as a human, a real human. She'd also picked up on healthy respect, especially back as children. He was the eldest,The one who would be the pillar of the family when the time came. Saito had tried and proven not up to the task. Behind the respect, and this was true of everyone, she'd glimpsed something else, Fear. He had another side she hadn't seen. She could feel power radiating from him, and the images of blasted landscape around him in her mind had to hearken to massive power. She put it away for now, her brother needed to be taught a lesson. She smiled and dashed off after him laughing the whole way, preparing to show him she was just as good as he was.

Long watched her go and couldn't help but feel a small measure of distress. She's taking after Timeslip in some ways I'd rather her not. I'll have to curb that somewhat. We cannot afford her to become too sneaky and manipulative. I'll give her something else to occupy her, perhaps that will be enough. I want her to understand coexistence, and why it and not exclusion, is the path we will walk, for now.

He stood there a moment watching the two of them play. Benkei held all the physical edges, but Misato was far smarter and more cunning. Jager had met them once, and They would remember Neil too, even if they really never spoke to him. Polymath would be new for all of them, but something told Long he could trust him. If he couldn't, he could handle him. He sighed, it seemed that since his rage was beaten, he now began seeing things in terms of potential enemies, whether or not one could be trusted, or would prove worth the risk. It bordered on paranoia, but he kept it in check.

He did his best to put the dark thoughts away in preparation for the coming activities. "Children, something I only dreamed of one day having. Now I have two, with three more on the way." Thinking of Yokiko almost brought a tear to his eye, but he knew she'd be taken care of. He trusted Timeslip enough for that. Today was to be a good day, that much he'd make sure of. Old friends gathered to enjoy one another's company, and for a pair of fateful requests to be made.

Soon he'd leave to go and get the others, Polymath and, Neil. Jager would arrive on his own as usual. He knew the time was getting near but he stood there watching and listening to his two children, a genuine smile curling his lips. "This is why I fight, why I submit."

"Ryu..."

Sakurako knows she wasn't suprising Long by any means. She knows that he knew she was there. "It looks like the children are having fun. Then again, any day in the sun would bring out the child in anyone, no?"

She leans up against Long, her reassuring striking if the back of his neck attempting to release the tension she knows he occasionally has. "You have the same problem I do it seems... but I have so many variables and calculations running through my mind I sometimes get tense. I'm not used to staying on for more than a couple weeks at a time..."

She puts her head on Long's shoulder. "But... It's worth it. For the two new lives coming."

He looks down to Endeavor and nods. "Yes, it is."

His tail coils about her expanded waist gently and he relaxes. "This is supposed to be a fun day, and yet my brain is determined to not let me enjoy it. We've all been going nonstop sense I got back, I just want to relax with good friends and my family."

He watches as Benkei catches Misato in a hold which she then then slips out of and takes off running by the pond. "I just want them, you, our whole family to know peace. I don't want to lose anything else I love."

He sighs, and his body soasms in pain as he goes through the transformation into his near-man form. He turns to Sakurako and kisses her tenderly. "We'll face it all together as a family. Now, I guess it's probably time for me to go pick up our guests."

Sakurako looks down. Not really understanding his troubles, but knows of his pain, seeing him wracked with it every time he changes into is more Human looking form. "Perhaps instead of looking for trouble, it would be better to look for the positive... I bet Neil and the rest are getting anxious. I haven't seen Neil in a while and I like seeing my little brother."

She laughs at her remark. But it is true. To her, Neil is like a Brother. "Don't push to hard now." She kisses him before he leaves. "Origami and I will watch things here."

"Good, there's still several things cooking. I trust you can get them finished while I'm gone. I remember the first time you cooked for me" His eyes showed he thought for amoment back to a day in in October where she'd cooked for him and the current state of affairs had gotten into motion. "I'll be back soon my dear, try to keep them all under control while I'm gone."

With that Long vanishes in a flash of light and reappaears outside the address Polymath had given him. He knocks on the door gently and waits for the answer of a stranger.

Jager leaned up against the darkly stained wooden column, head tilted slightly down, but eyes looking at Endeavor. His appearance wasn't so much surprising, as sudden. It was almost like he had been standing there for some time, but only now noticed.

"Hello E," he said warmly. "You look good ... I could say your even happy."

He stepped forward and moved to give Endeavor a hug. As he came up to her, laughter danced in his glacial blue eyes. Seeing Endeavor again was one of those few things that really made him happy. To see her happy and with child was even better.

Sakurako quickly turns, seeing Jager was expected, but not in this fashion. "Well, look at what the cat dragged in!" She smiles, as she walks over. "How has the walk-about been? I haven't seen you in... 2 years maybe? It'd at the very least feel like that." Sakuarko then holds Jager in a hug that feels more like family towards Jager than just friends meeting.

Jager hugs Endeavor, taking exaggerated care, as men are want to do, with her 'belly'.

"Oh, I've been keeping a low profile in Chicago mostly. I've been working with their fire and police departments, working on how best to handle ... and keep people out of the way of, a nova conflict. Its mostly tons of paperwork for state and federal grants, federal oversight ... yadda, yadda, yadda," Jager finishes up by rolling his eyes heaven-ward.

Jager allows his gaze to flit over to the two youngsters playing outside.

"Still, its nothing quite as far reaching as Clan Hideyoshi-Hino Project."

Jager looks back into Endeavor's eyes.

"You are making more than a few people anxious, E. That worries me a more than a bit. I know the two of you have given this a great deal of thought, but ..." Jager sighs. "I wish I had more time to keep the shadows away from your door."

Jager lets a tired smile creep back across his face.

"But I bet you will be happy to have your figure back. How soon is the date?"

Polymath sat silently, looking at his wife Maria on the other side of the living room. His chair had never seem so uncomfortable, and the sofa Maria sat on had never seemed so far.

"What time will you come home?" Maria asked him, quietly, avoiding his look. She sank her eyes on a magazine, hiding her face behind it.

"I..I'm not sure. With the time zone switching, and the time the observations my take, I might not be back until late tonight" Jose wanted to jump at his wife, to hold her, to tell her..

Knock Knock

The knocking on the door, by the strenght behind it and the headache that Polymath was developing behind his forehead, that must be Long. He had not felt anything similar since he met Cade back on new year.

"Going" Polymath turned to give one last look at his wife, she was still not meeting his sight. It wasn't your fault...

After that, walking briskly up to the door, then towards the gate, opening it up to see the massive tiger like Nova expecting him. "Good evening, I assume you are Long?" Polymath extends his hand, in an offer of a handshake.

"That's one of many names I've answered to over the years, Ryu will do though for this." He'd been alot more free with his real name than in the past, but it didn't matter anymore. They knew who he was, so why bother to hide it.

He took the offered ham and gave it a firm shake. "I know it's been some time since you asked originally, but I was away on a personal matter. Sakurako and Michael were charged with protecting my children at all costs, so I hope you weren't too put off by their reticience."

He smiles. "Though I am curious, just what are you looking to find out?"

"Nothing Neil Preston won't find out before I do. I'm mostly looking at how kids who have been Novas for more time than they have been baselines, act to different situations" Polymath noticed the strenght behind the handshake, a titanic strenght hidden behind it.

"It's mostly curiosity, I read up on Behavioral science's frequently, and sometimes of children behavior to help with my family. But Nova children are such a rare opportunity to observe, that I just couldn't let it pass when I heard your adopted children had erupted." Polymath smiles, a genuine fun filled smile.

"By the way, what age are they?" Polymath prepares to be teleported with Long, hoping it won't make him as queasy as teleporting with Satyr did.

"I see. Misato and Benkei of eight years old, they've been novas for roughly three of those. I had always heard that eruption won't occur till puberty, so I really can't explain how they errupted so young. Given the alternative, I'm glad they did. Much of my family is gone, and in a rare event most of what's left is nova."

His face turn serious. "I warn you Misato is a burgeoning telepath, I can guarantee she will try to read your mind. She isn't exceptionally good, but she tries hard to become so."

He chuckles. "I have tried to teach her to ask permission first, but with mixed results. Baselines she simply won't, other novas, she normally asks."

He nods. "Benkei is stronger than most men ever hope to be and a physical prodigy. He works hard to become stronger like me. "

He puts up his hands to forestall any comment. "I do not let them push too hard. There's simply no need. They have all the time they could ever want. I don't want them looking like me in my natural form. Two of us are by far enough."

"I see, so you don't know either. I might try probing them a little about their time of Eruption, if that's ok by you?" Polymath looks slightly pensive, running a hand through his hair. "Don't worry Ryu, I think I have enough capacity to deal with the powers of a recently erupted child, but thank you for the warning"

"Benkei, seems to be wanting to emulate you more than your daughter is, but realistically speaking as much as you try to keep your children from pushing themselves, once they turn into teenagers, they will disobey you" Polymath looked slightly somber, and then chuckles "I just wonder how you will try to ground those kids!" laughing in good nature at his own joke.

"But what do you mean by two of you?" Polymath asks inquisitively, wondering what Ryu meant.

"Oh believe me I already have my plans for it. They worked quite well on me, they'll work on them."

He looks down and shrugs. "I look like my adopted father in my natural form. Eight feet or Fur, muscle, and bone on digitigrade legs With a Tiger's head. It scares the hell out of most. I came in this form to avoid scaring neighbors and the like. Now, if you like I'll get us back to my home."

"That would be wonderful...and I wish I could see your real form, after all the one I'm using is as real as you will get out of my node!" Polymath keeps laughing at his own joke.

He looks down at himself, as always, he is wearing an immaculate two piece, sport cut suit. Brown suit, yellow shirt, brown tie and shoes. The duffel bag he is carrying looks actually out of place. "I hope it's not an inconvinience I brought along somethings?"

After asking his question, Polymath prepares again for the Teleportation queasiness.

He smiles and nods. "No, it's fine. A doctor without his bag would be something of anoddity. Once we get back to my home, you'll see it. I only wear this form when not there and a few other occasions."

He opens the Warpgate to his home and motions for Polymath to go through. Once the two of them make their way through the gate and onto the back lawn of his home, he closes the gate and nods. "Welcome to my home Polymath. Please make yourself at home. There's a guest room down the hallway to your right, the third door down. If you'd like to set your things there, and then if you'll come out back I'll introduce you to the rest of the family."

Endeavor scratches her chin. "Well, if nature followed a time schedule, the day would be July 4th... Then again, it might be a little later or a little earlier. The irony definately is not lost."

She looks up to Jager. "I am also fully aware how much of a storm is going to cause. I and Long are fully aware, that is. I know some might not want this to happen. Not to mention the laundry list of reasons following."

Jager tries to give Endeavor a reassuring smile.

"Nothing worth doing," he says with a wry smile, "is worth doing unless it stands opposed to expert advice."

Looking at the playing children, who seem to have finally noticed the strange, blonde nova watching them, Jager continues.

"Besides, you have friends in places high and low. I'll keep my ear to the ground to sound out any trouble coming your way. So, how much longer til we eat?"

As if on que, Long and Polymath appear through Long's Warp. Jager nods to the two novas.

"Thanks for the invite Ryu and," meeting Polymath's gaze and offering a hand, "you must be Polymath. Hello. I'm Jager of the Windy City Knights."

Misato and Benkei stoppled chasing each other and turned to face the new arrival. His mind proved impossible to scan and Misato glanced to her brother. I don't know who that is, but he's obviously a freind of Ms. Hino and our uncle. She reached out to see if he had a quantum field, and found it easily eight times more intesnse than her own, like her uncle's.

Whoever he is, he's powerful. When Benkei didn't respond she actually turned her head. The boy was clearly excited. That's Jager, Misato. He's one of the only people to beat Uncle in a fight. He's the current head of the Windy City Knights

How do you know that? She looked mad that her brother knew something she didn't.

I saw him in a picture from the wedding. I asked who he was and Uncle told me about him. Benkei's word-thoughts stunned Misato. She'd seen the picture too, but never really asked about it since Timseslip was gone. I see. Well let's go meet him then.

Together they walked over, and in their path as a tear in the fabric of space-time opened, and another stranger and Long emerged, stopping them in their tracks.

Long finished addressing Polymath and turned to introduce him to the children but his head snapped around when Jager spoke.

"Hello old friend, glad you could make it. How do you want your steaks? Polymath I'd like you to meet my best friend, Jager."

He looked back to the twins and nooded. "I know, no steaks just chicken and sausage, and I'll let you do your own sauces."

Polymath could feel it, his headache would turn from mild into mind numbing if he kept meeting people with this kid of quantum power.

Rubbing shortly the bridge of his nose, Polymath looked up at the Blond haired Nova that stood near Long. "Jager? the leader of the Windy City Knights? Cade talked wonders about you when we were at the Babylon Bar" Polymath offered up his hand in a shake.

But looking around Jager, he could see the reason he came here. "and you two must be Misato and Benkei, aren't you?" Polymath smiled at them, as per usual.

"and I brought something for the dinner myself, But I doubt any of you can actually enjoy them as they should be enjoyed" Polymath pulls from the duffel bag a big bottle made of glass.

"My very own special blend of salsa, I hope it is good enough for your palate" Poly chuckles as he says that.

"How do you want your steaks?"

"Charred," Jager grins, knowing he is committing culinary homicide. "I like it cooked through and through."

Looking to Polymath and the kids,

"Guilty as charged."

Jager eyes the salsa hungrily and nods in appreciation of Polymath's thoughtfulness. With a lightning glance, Jager's eyes meet Misato's.

I learned to still my mind when I was a little boy, Jager mouths soundlessly. It is a trick I could teach the you and your bother, if you would like.

Long nods. "Michael said he wouldn't be able to makr it today. It seems that with their leader here, someone had to stay behind to make sure the city is still there when he gets back. I still need to thank him for his help while I was gone."

He starts walking off, back towards the large grill. "Now if you'll excuse me I'll be finishing up the food. There's already some over on the table by the rocks around the corner. Please my friends, help yourselves and make yourselves at home."

The twins watch their uncle walk off and then Benkei turns to Polymath. "Come on, Uncle makes the best barbecue. You want to get it while it's hot."

Misato turns her attention to Jager, his last thought having her very intrigued. I'd like that. I'm sure Benkei will too. Aloud she echoes Benkei's sentiment. "Uncle is a very good cook, let's go before Benkei eats it all."

Behind the scenes Long gets busy cooking, several steaks and more chicken and sausage.

Long's ears perk up slightly from the grill. Even at this distance he can still hear everything. He speaks softly into her mind as he had on a few other occasions when the children were there.

Sakurako, forgive me for not introducing you to Polymath. He's the one who'd asked several months back to meet the children. Polymath is here, he seems like a likable enough fellow. He's also a doctor as well, it pays to know as many of those as we can. By the way, have you seen Origami around? If you do, tell her the foods' almost done and she'd better hurry if she wants something. Something tells me I may not have cooked enough. There's still no word from Neil anf Flicker, so they may or may not show up for this. We'll just play it by ear.

He smiles and continues using variable temporal fields to get the cooking done faster. Soon everything is ready on a giant platter only someone like Long could heft up and balance. He carefully brings it to the table which overlooks the pond and sets it at the center. Virtually every kind of meat is present. In addition tot he Barbecue there are a dozen traditional Japanese dishes set as well.

Jager helps Endeavor bring out the salad and condiments for the various chunks of meaty-goodness. Jager sets down his platter once Long has settled his down. He steps aside to give Endeavor plenty of room and then takes a seat down by Polymath.

"You set a fine table, Ryu, with good company."

As the rest settle in, Jager stands once more and raises up a cup ... of soda, this time, and says,

"To absent friends."

It is an old opening toast, among warriors, elites, and others who have taken up arms and left companions forever behind them. It beckons those who toast to remember were they have been, and to live life to its fullest so that they can be remembered in good times such as these.

Polymath raises his glass to the toast that Jager offers, and puts the salsa on the table.

Sitting near the kids, Poly kept an ear on their conversation, trying to disimulate his interest on their conversation, but still taking it in.

"Hey Benkei, I got a toy for ya, think you can figure it out before Uncle Ryu gets to the table?" Polymath pulls out a strange toy, made of wood it's a small barrel like piece attached to a string and a stick.

"It's called a Valero, 10 seconds before you figure out how to play it Benkei" Poly flashed one of his huge grins to Benkei, signaling the start of the game.

Origami had been working on preparing several different cuts of steak, preparing to take them out to the grill. After overhearing Long mention her name, she chimes in. "No worries keeping track of me! I'm keeping the eats coming."

Origami hadn't considered herself a cook, but having this amount of meat on hand, and some memorized to reflex recipies, is quite a moment of enjoyment.

That, and toying around with a temperature sensor built into a pair of glasses, showing a readout of the exact temperature of the meat helps keep medium rare from becoming very well done.

Benkei takes the toy and after a few seconds on analytical study, he tries it the first time. He pulls the barrel up and tries to land it on the stick, failing twice but on the third time he does it perfectly.

Misato chimes in "13.2 seconds Benkei."

He looks at his sister and frowns. "Like you could do it any faster."

Long hears Origami and nods. "You're doing great keep it up." He arrives at the table nods to the children. "Play nice, save your frustrations for training tonight." He raises his glass to Jager's toast. "To the future of things, Bright and full of hope."

Oh... there she is, I don't know how she keeps so quiet...

Sakurako walks back to the table, and grabs her glass. Lifting it to join in the toast. "To the future, which is yet to be written."

She looks towards Long, and smiles. He knows what that smile usually means because he's seen it every time she has a plan forming in that overclocked brain of hers.

Damn he thinks, I should have brought some toys too.

Then again, Jager so rarely got toys when he was growing up, he rarely understands their purpose today. Jager shrugs inwardly and wonders if the twins will get a rifle like he did when he was nine. For an instant, he remembers the good times he and his Mother had field stripping and re-assembling their weapons blindfolded. Only later would Jager come to realize this was out of the ordinary.

The steak smelled divine, but Jager patiently waited for everyone to have theirs and to be seated before digging. Looking from Origami, to Long, to Endeavor - everyone seemed contentedly busy and in no need of help.

Instead he focused on Polymath.

"Polymath, tell us about your children."

The look on Sakurako's face gives Long pause, but he smiles. Whatever she's got planned will be interesting to say the least. He knew she'd never endanger anyone in the family so he let it go. "You know there is someone else I should have invited. If you'll all please excuse me, I have to go and at least see if he'd like to come."

Long rises from the table and then lifts up into the air.He lets the winds speak to him, searching for one very familiar scent. He finds it coming from South of Tokyo and vanishes in a flash of blue light reappearing there. Once over the general area he reaches out feeling for the familiar tingle of another node and pinpoints another old friend down on the ground and descends to meet him.

Long smiles at Conduit and nods. "Hey old friend, how about taking a breather. I'm having a huge barbecue at the house and I've cooked way too much. Want to come help me and the others eat it?"

Conduit looks up at the sound of a very familiar voice. "Ryu, my old friend," he says holding his hand out to greet.

The two share a hand shake and the old fashioned masculine shoulder punch. Conduit looks back to the table he had been standing at where a man in a hard hat with some building plans is standing. "Those plans look good, I'll be back tomorrow." Conduit bows to the man and motions to Long that he is ready.

"I've been working with this construction company on their electrical needs. Keeps me busy and lets me use my push my powers in constructive ways."

Long brings up his warp and the two step into it. On the other side they arrive at Longs house where a delighteful little gathering is taking place.

"Jager and Endeavor you already know, The other Gentleman is Polymath, and the children are Misato and Benkei. Now please make yourself at home my friend."

Long makes his way to the table where the others are and introduces Conduit. "I'm back, and I brought half of the metal Brothers with me." He winks to Conduit and smiles.

Among the first things Conduit notices would bethe very obviously pregnant Endeavor, who along with another woman, is seeing to keeping the table stocked with food even as they all eat from the dozen dishes and massive tray of barbecue.

Conduit walks over to the table and greets Polymath and the children. He nods to Endeavor, "Captain." Finally he sits down and while he fills his bowl with assorted foods he says, "Jager, good to see you again. Keeping busy in the States?"

After shaking hands with Conduit, remembering exactly who is and what he can do, he turns t Jager once again.

"My children? Oh I have 3 of them. 20, 18 and 16 years old. Two boys and a girl. They are a handful those three, always asking for money, permissions to go to parties and the car keys." Polymath laughs good naturedly.

"Benkei and Misato remind me of my two eldest when they were very young. Always fighting and playing together. Those were the easy days..." Polymath seems sligthly lost in the Nostalgia for a second "But that's not why we are here, right?"

Polymath turns to the table, so full of meats that it makes his mouth sligthly water "We are here for a BBQ, and my god does this one look just too good to be true" Poly, just like Jager, waits for everyone to finish serving their own meals before he digs in on his.

Jager smiles to Conduit and nods a greeting.

"Trying to stay out of the tabloids, mainly. That's what I get for not having a real job like you," he adds with a wink. "Still, I get to meet all kinds of interesting people ... on both sides of the law. Its got its perks."

After a moment of introspection,

"Man, I miss April Rice."

Looking to Polymath, Jager adds,

"She was the teams founder ... a real spirit, that one."

"We've got a good time now, but they are mostly seen it, done it crowd and their is something about approaching the work from an Innocence's Zeal that's always refreshing.

Long nods and finishes his first plate of food. He prepares another and looks around. "If no one minds, I'm gonna let this form go. It's starting to hurt way too much." He waits for each of them to nod and releases the near man form he'd been using.

He excuses himself and goes around the side of the building. Those with heightened senses of hearing can hear the sound of bones cracking and sinew popping as his normal form reasserts itself. where he'd knelt down his hand's claws dug into the ground as did those from his feet. His Eufiber became a simple tanktop and pair of black shorts. He washed his hands in the outdoor basin and went back to the table.

"Sorry about that my friends. Since my return, holding that particular form has become something of a real chore." His immacculate white fur almpst seems to radiate light in the sun, contrasted by the ebony dark stripes and cerulean blue eyes. He nods to Polymath. "This is what I meant by my "true form.""

Sakurako smiles, seeing Long truely as he is. For a second, she almost wishes he'd never switch back to his more human looking form ever again. This is who he is.

"Yeah... I'm suprised you don't stay in that form while we're here, Ryu. We're all Novas here."

She smiles. Relaxing a bit in his presence. His strength seems to radiate from him, and it calms her. Something she never felt with anyone else.

Origami looks from her cooking at the grill and sees the massive tiger-man form of Long and takes a step back. She's not used to being in such close proximity of someone so... different from the normal. She's seen news reports and all, but to be in person, next to what shines in her vision as a powerhouse of a Nova almost scares her. The brilliant color from Long heavily contrasts against the weaker colors of the other Novas, except for Jager... but his aura seems more controlled than weak.

The monochrome of the rest of her world seems to fade in Long's presence, and if only for a moment Origami knows what it is like to see in true color before Long's aura fades.

"Long... I really hope I'll get used to that. Then again I should get used to it if I'm dealing with other Novas... I got another steak done, by the way."

Archived