Aberrant RPG - The Fabled New Flesh

automorphist

I just found this forum and boy I´m happy I found it.

(The drawback with watching to many old batman reruns is that I sound like a fifties comic book character when I speak/write English)

In the Aberrant Directory you refer to the book The New Flesh concerning most of the new bodymodifications, and I was wondering where I can find it?

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That is so totally awesome of you guys!

I can't wait fer New Flesh, as I'm finally getting to play an Aberrant game fer the first time, as I've only ever GM/ST/DM'd fer 15 years and after not playing/GMing anything fer the last 4 years, this comes just in time fer my first ever Aberrant game...

Too cool.

And Sprocket, You ROCK. Your Powers Compendium is considered Canon Gold by me and I'm hoping that I'll get to use powers from it since my ST is reading it over now. The Mega-ATT Enhancement "Natural Style" is sugery great.

Sorry I can't help in your writting request but, All I can do is Dog Paddle (IE DRAW).

• 3 weeks later...
Originally Posted By: El'Jinn Uu
That is so totally awesome of you guys!
I can't wait fer New Flesh, as I'm finally getting to play an Aberrant game fer the first time, as I've only ever GM/ST/DM'd fer 15 years and after not playing/GMing anything fer the last 4 years, this comes just in time fer my first ever Aberrant game...

Too cool.
And Sprocket, You ROCK. Your Powers Compendium is considered Canon Gold by me and I'm hoping that I'll get to use powers from it since my ST is reading it over now. The Mega-ATT Enhancement "Natural Style" is sugery great.

Sorry I can't help in your writing request but, All I can do is Dog Paddle (IE DRAW).
Oo-kayy... We're trying to get it done ASAP, believe me.

As for the Aberrant Compendium being gold? That's high praise for a bunch of edited notes on homebrew enhancements (Coca-Cola stains & all) that I salvaged when my old Aberrant group split up. It was literally either post them to EON or toss them in the dumpster, so I'm glad that some folks liked them.

A quick word of advice though: don't let any Francophile friends use French terms for enhancement names when their grasp of the language is dodgy at best (i.e. "Oeuvre d'Art - "Objet 'dArt" is the correct phrase). As my (exceedingly scant) knowledge of foreign languages is limited to some Japanese, I never caught that goof until JessiLaurn pointed it out to me while putting the Mega-Social ebook together. Serves me right for taking a drunk student thespian at her word. laugh

• 2 months later...

Hurmf.

"Objet'dart" doesn't exist in french, it really is "oeuvre d'art".

But it doesn't really matter : Aberrant's authors grasp of the french language was "dodgy at best" too! They made more than a few mistakes in the books.

About New Flesh (I've been waiting this one for a long time too), is the creative team of "Breed apart" involved in this project, because I think this ebook is pretty good, almost a good as Steve Kenson's Brainwaves.

Yes. The folks who created A Breed Apart are the same ones who're creating The New Flesh. In fact, A Breed Apart was originally supposed to have been a chapter or subsection of The New Flesh (if I'm recalling correctly, anyhow). Once they realized how much information they had, they went ahead and made an entirely separate eBook out of it.

Re: A Breed Apart & The New Flesh-

Your recollection is 100% correct Kazuo: nova reproduction was going to be a part of the third chapter (Storytelling) of AB:TNF. it didn't take us very long to realize that answering the nagging questions AFA nova sterility, 2ndGen novas etc. would require it's own book.

AFA the Mega-Physical book, I'm pleased to report that the writing for Chapter Two ("Aberrant: Combat") has been finished & sent off with the rest of the materials to JessiLaurn (a.k.a. Timeslip here, IIRC) for PDF conversion.

Originally Posted By: Rorschach
About this Ebook, Sprocket, did Cronenberg inspired you when you wrote it?
Only AFA finding an alternate title to "Aberrant: Brute Force". We had too many good ideas for the Mega-Physical book to limit our theme like that.

• 8 months later...

Apologies for the thread necromancy, but I'm pleased to announce that Aberrant: The New Flesh has undergone final editing and will soon be undergoing PDF conversion at the hands of Chosen.

With the site merge of N!Prime & EON now underway, a promotion page for AB:TNF will be created somewhere here soon.

Archived