[OpNet] Before I have a problem like Good Alice's....

z-Carver

I'd like to ask everyone here a quick question. Most of you know I'm a sculptor by trade; what most of you don't know is that I'm often not cognizant of what the completed statue is going to look like until it's done. I basically knock away the pieces that "don't belong" until all the "wrong" pieces are gone. Which means that while I may know that I'm sculpting a man, I may not know that it's Machina until it's complete.

Should this happen, and I create an image in your likeness, what would you like me to do with it? I'll record the responses, and follow your instructions should it happen.

I don't do this out of a "cover my ass" legal reason, but because I remember my feelings the first time I found "fan art" of myself on the OpNet. And there was nothing I could do about it. So I'll do what I can to make sure that I never cause that feeling in anyone, even inadvertantly.

Given that explanation of your creative method, I wouldn't be furious like the previous situation. My mom's an artist, so I can understand that the finished product doesn't necssarily match initial expecations, if one had any.

However, much of what Preston said I agree with. I'd like to know and see the piece and we can work out it's disposition from there.

Thanks

Lou Anne

Originally Posted By: Carver
Thanks to everyone for your feedback (yes, even yours, Revenant). I'll keep your wishes in mind, should something like this happen to me.

And Revenant, you owe me nothing. I got my statue back.

Go on. Make a few. I'm living to see how well your security is now.

Originally Posted By: Revenant
Thanks to everyone for your feedback (yes, even yours, Revenant). I'll keep your wishes in mind, should something like this happen to me.

Ha ha. Fuck you.

Do you remember the promise I made you? It still stands. So just leave us the fuck alone.

Ha ha. Fuck you.

Do you remember the promise I made you? It still stands. So just leave us the fuck alone.

And where is your little Boy-toy these days? Must be awful loney there... at home...

Alone.

Your promises don't frighten me, they only serve to pique my curiosity.

And where is your little Boy-toy these days? Must be awful loney there... at home...

Alone.

Your promises don't frighten me, they only serve to pique my curiosity.

As if you know the first fucking thing about me, Reven. What's the matter - Velvet forget to give you your medication?

Originally Posted By: Velvet
As if you know the first fucking thing about me.

That goes both ways.

Sure it does. And here's what I know about Revenant: I want him to leave me and my boyfriend and my art alone.

I don't think it's too much to ask, as I live in another city, and I was kind enough to help him with your bar despite our history.

Actually, doll, I was referring to your use of my name. You and I don't know each other, so please... Don't assume I have nothing better to do with my time than babysit an adult more than capable of handling his own affairs.

Originally Posted By: Velvet
Actually, doll, I was referring to your use of my name. You and I don't know each other, so please... Don't assume I have nothing better to do with my time than babysit an adult more than capable of handling his own affairs.

Ah ha. For that, you have my apology. It was a terse joke, and if you feel it was in poor taste then I am sorry.

Don't let Machina's "colorful" statement stop you guys - come on, give me feedback! I know that there are more of you out there, and that more of you actually care about this than have spoken up.

Good Alice, I'm particularly interested in your point of view. Also, we should discuss our artistic methods sometime - I love talking about how others do things.

Originally Posted By: Slattern
Actually, I'd love a piece of me and Lilith.

Sure! Hey, I didn't think this would wrangle me a job! You'll be looking at... three weeks before it would be done? That's just based on my estimates of what I'm already working on or have already agreed to do.

But we can meet and discuss some things before then, like do you want me to work from a picture or live? The latter is preferred, but may be tedious for a small child. What dimensions were you looking at? What medium?

Hmm, maybe you should contact me privately about this.

Thanks again!

Archived