Hey... DW, you there?

Doing a 1998 chronicle and I was thinking of having at least one newly erupted nova be somekind of singer/artist and I thought, "Hey! Why not make him Darkwave!"

So basically I'm asking you permission to rip off your character concept tongue.gif (I'll probably take his char sheet from the thread where people posted there PCs).

• 1 month later...

Wow. Better late than never huh?

Sure, WH, knock yourself out. I don't care. Only the music is copyrighted, not the character.

(And yes, I actually did write a song that was my interpretation of skew+terr'r, not that it's particularly scary, but it is loud and fast. And one of these days I'll get around to recording it...)

DW

------------------

"When did HE become a nova? Natural Agitator? No sh!t, dude!"

• 1 month later...

Holt sh!t. Didn't know we had fans - or at least people paying attention to our art - on this forum. Excellent! 8-)

This may be a weird place to ask this question, but is it just me, or is there rather little to talk about regarding Aberrant? I know I've been out of the loop for QUITE some time, but a quick perusal of both these forums and the White Wolf forums didn't exactly leave me dying to enter the forum fray again. No questions piqued my interest. Is it because I'm so old school I've been there and done that so many times it's all old hat to me? Or do all the newbies suck chocha? What's going on?

Oh yeah. Dig it: http://angels2ashes.morgul.net http://www.mp3.com/FATA

------------------

"When did HE become a nova? Natural Agitator? No sh!t, dude!"

Cut some slack, Dark-man. With no new books having come out, we're left strictly to our own devices. Nothing to talk about but our original creations, and not everybody is meant to create in a way that can be showcased here. It'll pick up soon.

-- Avenger

------------------

Don't try to run, you son of a bitch. You'll just die tired.

avengingcrusader@hotmail.com

It may also be the old school feeling.

This is also why I don't go on the werewolf forum anymore... I have all the books released to date and I have been playing the game for close to 6 years. After a few years on the forums to top it, I'm very confortable with pretty much every angle of the game and made up my own answer concerning 'gray area' a long time ago...

I feel like the werewolf forum has very little to give me and I'm tired of giving advice by now. Any argument isn't likely to change my opinion either.

It's not elitist... it's just reaching a point where to you, everything makes sense... little anybody else says will change your mind, as the puzzle works as far as you are concerned, you don't need new pieces.

And yes, the same feeling is slowly starting to creep in toward Aberrant.

Funny you should mention that, Wint. I get the same feeling on the WW Aberrant board now, but not here. I've still got a lot to say to (not to be a prick) the more thoughtful crowd NP tends to cater to, but the collapse of the AB, T3 and A! forums into one has left that site with very little to offer me or anyone who's been playing for some time. Most of what they talk about there now is rules.

-- Avenger

------------------

Don't try to run, you son of a bitch. You'll just die tired.

avengingcrusader@hotmail.com

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe that's why I only check boards once or twice a month. I'm digging Adventure thus far, seems pretty cool. I agree with Winter Heart though. No new books = nothing but answering newbie questions. And well, I guess my sense of charity got lost when I took on four upper-division courses this semester. Que sera. My apologies if I came off harsh. I suppose I'm as frustrated as anyone that there's been no new Abbie material in about a million years. I'm also suffering from GM burnout right now; had to put the brakes on the Abbie game I run and just TAKE A BREAK, y'know?

Jager, the band is doing really well. Thanks for asking. smile We're on an indie label called Pitchpig right now. You can check out our site there at http://www.pitchpig.com/fromangelstoashes.html and even order our CD by credit card if'n ya like. We're also playing on Halloween at Goddard College in Vermont. Maybe that means Kane Knight can actually come to one of our gigs. cool We're all dressing up like Nirvana circa 1991 for Halloween. Guess who gets to be Kurt Cobain? Natch.

DW

• 2 weeks later...

For what it's worth, there's going to be a couple of Trinity books coming out in the next few months. One is "Terra Verde" and deals with Sudamerica and the Norca. It's quite probable that there will be info in it that is usable in Aberrant.

The other is "Asia Ascendent" which deals with the telepathic Ministry as well as China, Japan and other areas in that part of the 22nd century world. Also, as I understand it, there's a section that deals with cyberware! Thus, you might have something to make the baselines your PCs knock down like bowling pins gave a bit more of a fight. Sure it's written with the 22nd centure in mind, but there's no reason a few MegaInt novas might not have gotten there first and had their works destroyed (or confiscated and studied) during the Aberrant War...

Archived