Aberrant: 2011 - Everything's new

Adrenaline

Wow, I'm a nova! I had not really though about what it would be like before my eruption, but now that it's happened, the world looks very different. Things that seemed impossible are now possible to me. I must admit however, that I feel some loss. It is a loss of dreams.

I didn't lose the, you know, like, the sleeping kind of dreams. I have lost the dreams that I have worked hard to accomplish. Now I fear, that as a nova, I will not be able to fulfill those dreams.

You see, I play baseball. I played it all my life, and I was good at it too. I was good enough to make the pro's. Now that I am a nova who can out-run, out-hit and out-play all the professionals, I am no longer able to join the professional leagues. So far, I have not found a nova's only baseball team. I guess what I'm saying, is that I now have to find a new direction for my life. And it scares me.

Does any of this, frighten anyone else?

What can I do. I channel raw and deadly kinetic energy into things that I touch. In addition to being quick, agile and strong, I can also increase my density.

It's ironic, that the very abilities I possess, which make me a better ballplyer, are also the same things that keep me from playing in the professional leagues. I am petitioning MLB to let me play if I do it while dormed. I don't expect a favorable outcome.

XWF.... I don't know if I am that physically strong. Besides, with my powers being the way they are, it is very likely that I will kill someone by accident in the ring. When you can throw a pebble through 3 feet of steel, you worry about the person on the receiving end.

Maybe I should give DeVries a call.

The only thing that frightened me was my eruption. I never want to go through that again. But since then, my life has becomes so much easier!

My name is Weaver, by the way.

I am now a designer with backing that came out of the blue once people saw what I could do with Eufiber and my new gift for design, style and art. I have a nice place, a great job and pretty much all I could want.

I am starting my own line which should be hitting the runway soon enough, but I am also here to let novas know that my services are available. So many novas attend various function with the glitterati and they are so poorly dressed!

For a fee you can be wearing a Weaver Original!

I set up an appointment and custom craft and design a garment for you! This applies for both baselines and novas. I can work with mundane materials, but if you are a nova (or an extremely wealth baselines) with Eufiber, then my talents can really shine! My skill with Eufiber has been described as.. well.. indescribable! I guarantee satisfaction and a garment made to perfect fit you! My talents go beyond just clothing as well. I can assist with accessories, makeup and hair as well!

Man or woman, a nova deserves to look their best and in a Weaver Original, you'll know you do!

Oh... wow.

My name is Janet 'Balm' Robinson, and I am a T2M trainee. I got recruited after I filled up every major dam in my home state to alleviate an eight-year drought. Unfortunately, I racked up a side effect along the way, so my eyes change colour when my mood changes, like the weather.

I guess if you're interested in or keep track of eruptions in Australia, you'd know I am a weather manipulator.

The XWF? That's those actors who pretend fight, right?

Let me introduce myself, I'm Josh Brickman, aka Gatecrusher. I'm a DeVries elite and I'm posting here because my shrink says it'll help me accumulate, whatever that means.

Oh yeah, and I run real fast, fly a bit slower, and put large holes in things I run through.

Well, howdy there folks. It's cool to meet so many other Novas.

So what are you charging Weaver and where is your studio?

I don't know how fake the XWF is Josh. I mean, how do you fake getting hit with a Core Meltdown? or a super punch, or any other power designed specifically to hurt? Maybe it's scripted but I bet that doesn't make it any less dangerous.

Originally Posted By: TeleForce
I don't know how fake the XWF is Josh. I mean, how do you fake getting hit with a Core Meltdown? or a super punch, or any other power designed specifically to hurt? Maybe it's scripted but I bet that doesn't make it any less dangerous.
Ah, "Core"! Now there's a name I remember, so the XWF is what I'm thinking it is.

Sorry about that, I erupted about two months ago, and have spent all that time either in training or out in the field, and was just making sure I know what they were.

I swear, you people like your alphabet agencies, CIA, XWF, FBI, IRS, DVNTS, etc, etc, etc.

What was wrong with "army" and "circus" and other descriptive words?

God reached through the invisible barrier that separates His universe from ours and touched my mind. It's an overwhelming experience to say the least. The knowledge poured into me like that magician's trick where an entire pitcher of water is poured into a tiny paper cup, and yet it all somehow fits.

Why God broke into our universe, I don't yet know. But I'm going to find out.

It's not so scary, really. There's just a window in my attic where there used to be a wall, so now I can really see outside instead of just imagining or squinting through the cracks. I try to keep it open, 'cause it hurts a lot if I close it, but sometimes it can't be helped.

Originally Posted By: King Felix
God reached through the invisible barrier that separates His universe from ours and touched my mind. It's an overwhelming experience to say the least. The knowledge poured into me like that magician's trick where an entire pitcher of water is poured into a tiny paper cup, and yet it all somehow fits.
That's a good way to put it. I'm not sure if I envy you your knowlege or not, I didn't get any but I got my youth back so I don't figure I can complain.

I don't know how much god had to do with me. We collapsed an old ruin on ourselves and I was lucky enough to get the juice.

Yep, it's looking like god was suspiciously absent that day.

Well, sweetie, some would say that's a sign of God - you gettin' the juice and savin' your friends.

Why would God need to break in, anyway, and what's He going to do with someone's pocketbook? Personally, I think it all sounds highly suspect, and He's probably being framed.

Also, He's busy inventing a better Emperor Norton Sundae or something, probably, instead of yak-yakking at everybody here. You know, concentrating on important stuff.

Originally Posted By: Longball
I guess what I'm saying, is that I now have to find a new direction for my life. And it scares me.

Does any of this, frighten anyone else?

Quite frankly, yes it does.

I'm calling myself 'Slate' these days. I wouldn't mind meeting some people in the same boat as me. Anyone in the vicinity of New York?

Originally Posted By: Slate
Quite frankly, yes it does.

I'm calling myself 'Slate' these days. I wouldn't mind meeting some people in the same boat as me. Anyone in the vicinity of New York?

Sorry, hun, I'm not. Right coast, wrong part of it. If I get up your way, I'll drop you a line, though. You do the same, ok, sugar?

You sound like you see the positive in everything. I like that.

So where do you hang your hat?

You can blame my Momma on that. She was an immigrant from Haiti, and grew up dirt poor in Port-au-Prince. Everytime I complained about something in America, she had a story about how she knew someone who had it worse is Ayiti. It will force you to realize how lucky you are to be in a wealthy nation.

I'm in Miami, sweetie. Gonna come see me?

Originally Posted By: Robert J. Lambert
I'm a Nova....and its barely noticible!

If I haden't gotten a ton stronger, I would probably not know I had erupted. On top of that I got a crazy psycho staker? Give me a break! I really wish someone could Un-erupt me so my life could go to how it was.
Say that in 30 years when the baselines you know are 30 years older and you're only... 15 or so? That plus not getting sick, plus "a ton stronger", plus the MONEY that we get just by being novas, plus the groupies...

What could your life have been like before that you'd want to go back?

Josh: Maybe if I had not erupted, I would have been eaten by wolves. But hey, it sure as hell beats out the fact that because of my Eruption I have gained a psycopath stalker who I can't seem to catch but makes his darnes to screw over my life!

Let alone that, I have no super powers, maybe I'm above the human average, but I sure as hell can't do shit to defend myself from other humans with more capacity than I do. So excuse me for not wanting to be the Drama magnet that Nova's are, maybe my parents would be alive If I had not erupted.

No drama? But the play's the thing, and even if you don't like your part, you can't actually give the script back. The show must go on, right? There's a huge audience out there depending on you. Ignore the spotlights, deliver your lines as best you can, and hope the curtain falls later instead of sooner.

Oh, and good luck!

I could think of many things you could do if you wished to think outside the box.

Why not go into demolition? You could knock buildings down really fast, and will that may be a limited job you could do it.I think.

Or better yet why not start a nova only baseball team or a nova only sport. You could it.

I would really hate to see you go off into war, or fighting because I really do not think you were given your gifts to do such things. I do not know why you were given those gifts, but I do not think they were given to you to do harm to others.

Archived