Distracted and scarce

Ptesan-Wi

Sorry if I've been, well, distracted and scarce for the past couple weeks. The next few aren't likely to be much better, and I apologize to those who have been counting on me for fics and the like.

For those that don't know, my other addiction (yes, it's possible to have more than just N!Prime as such) is Live-Action Role-Playing in the new World of Darkness setting. It's a hell of a lot of fun, and it's given me an avenue for real, honest-to-gods social interaction with a whole group of people face-to-face - something that folks with Asperger's Syndrome like myself don't get very often in a form that we can handle well. Mind you, most of that interaction is IC... but that's just fine; folks have to slow down a bit in order to interact IC'ly, and that gives me the mental breathing space needed to more or less keep up.

A few months back, our DST (Domain Storyteller) appointed me as his Assistant (ADST). A couple weeks ago, the same DST resigned in a snit; just took his ball and went home. At the same time, the local VST-Requiem (Venue Storyteller for Vampire: the Requiem), who was into the last month of his term of office and wasn't running for re-election, folded up his participation as well (same snit as the DST).

The end result of this is that, for all intents and purposes, I've been the Acting DST for the past couple weeks, and have been doing the job of the subordinate VST position as well... and with Murphy still alive and well, this has of course been the time when all the bizarre and unusual stuff has hit, from new characters wanting funky bloodlines to unusual proxy requests from out of state (complete with a performance on DVD, if you can believe it). It's been one hell of a crash course in crisis management. It seems like I've been living on the Camarilla Approvals Database for the past several days, and I've had more telephone calls in the past week than I'd had in the previous three months.

Thankfully, our VST election is almost done, the winner is a foregone conclusion, and he'll be confirmed by next week. That will take some of the pressure off. The call for applicants for the DST position has also gone out; with any luck, I will be back to just to the "A" standing for Assistant rather than Acting by this time next month.

With any luck, I'll be able to get back to something resembling normal by mid-December and back up to speed here at N!Prime.

- Jess

Archived