Aberrant: The Long March - Table Talk: The Long March

Mr Fox

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, I have everyone's character sheets done. I'm not sure how to get them to you however since we can't attach files to PM's. I'll have to put them somewhere and link them to them in a PM as soon as I can.

Meanwhile, feel free to post on the aftermath of your eruptions. Also, if you have a suite power, or bodymorph or mega-att, I am leaving it up to you which power or enhancement your take, or how you assign your dots in that power. Feel free to come up with your own special effects. What happens during an eruption may not be quite what a character is like after they have settled into their powers afterall.

I know a couple of you said you were pretty busy this week. I hope that we can keep a pace of at least one post a day though.

I've got a site of my own that I can use if necessary. I'll see about getting them placed somewhere by this evening.

I will also likely post the first part of chapter 1 this evening. If you haven't already posted in the Prequel section please do so when you can. Thanks.

Ok, if you guys have any questions about your characters or the eruption scene feel free to post it here or PM me.

I have opened up the Chapter 1 topic. Post there letting us know what you look like now that the eruptions have occured, ie aberrations, obvious changes in appearance, and that sort of thing.

thanks.

If we do head to Tanzania, some people may not have passports. Will they be necessary? Omar carrries an Iraqi passport. This is assuming that we go there by aircraft, and have to go through customs.

Does anyone have powers that will get the party there instantly? If so, I will have Omar cancel the reservations with the charter company.

Haven't had posts from Jimmy and Isabel in 5 days, Estaban in 6.

You guys still interested in the game? I know life gets in the way especially on the weekends, but I'd really like to maintain the one post per day pace during the week. If not try and send me a pm so I can work something out.

Thanks.

I'm still interested, but you must understand I live in a timezone 7 hours away from I think the closest of you, so I tend to miss the "action" and have to post my bit at the very end or even the next day. I will definetly try to keep up posting daily or very nearly so, though.

[btw, since I referenced to it in the last post, Fox, Isabel's Mastery Techniques are Enhance/Diminish, Shaping, Lethal Blast, Shield and Storm. Obviously following the errata that states that Anima techniques are automatically valid for Mastery]

Media, sorry to hear about that. Hope they get you feeling better soon.

Isabel, timezone isn't a problem. I work nights so, my posting times tend to be at night and then again in the morning before I go to bed. If it's not too personal, where are located?

Raina, you feel that with some time, computer work and reference books you could possibly figure out a nearly precise time or perspective from which those stars were set.

Sadly no one in the group took any knowledge of science.

Morgan, you have Mega-Perception, what enhancement do you have on that?

I may be bringing in one or maybe two more players if you guys don't mind. One would be Dr. Bradford, he'd be playing a sciency type most likely. I haven't decided on the second yet.

Speaking of players... Anyone heard from Jimmy/Morgan lately? I know he's gotten busy with a new job and all, but I'm wondering if he's still planning to continue with the game?

Yes you get art history with the Art skill.

Glad someone decided to examine them closely. First thing you notice is that it is not actually painted. The artwork is not ON the surface, it is part of the surface. The color is somehow embedded in the rock itself. Even with Raina and Isabel's massive Art skill they are not sure how they would do something like that. Perhaps someone with a science background would be able to figure out how it was done.

Raina got 7 total successes, Isabel not so lucky got 2.

Raina, you can see a definite influence from both the Pre-Raphaelite and Realism schools, although the artist is definitely beyond either. There might perhaps be other art movements involved that you are not aware of.

Isabel, you think maybe a tie to the realism school.

From a content point of view, you are pretty sure that whoever was 'painting' the scenes was an outside observer intentionally watching the development of the early hominids. After all, this is where all the action was 1 to 2 million years ago. No other intelligent life exitisted anywhere else on earth at that time period.

As for Estaban's suggestion that perhaps time travel was involved... none of you guys have any kind of skill/backgroud that would allow you to speculate on who might be capable of such a thing. If you want to pursue that line of thought you will have to seek outside help.

Omar will search for any eating or sleeping quarters. He will also look closely at the light fixtures. He will gently see if they move, or change if molested. He does not want them damaged however. After that he will go outside and look at the camp for any signs of who may have removed the earlier artifacts. He will check the tents and any supplies. Also, he will look for signs of vehicles that may have been there recently.

Bah, tried to do a basic map, ascii style, but it won't format so I'll have to try and draw out a pic of the complex and link it here later.

Meanwhile,

The fixtures do not move, you would have to break them away from the rock or cut away the rock that they are attached to, which appears to be what the people did that looted the outer area.

You see no furniture so it is hard to know for sure what most of the rooms are for. The three outermost rooms are completely empty. The two side rooms in the inner (concealed) part of the complex are more obvious. One was apparently a food preperation area, the other a roman style bath with a pool in the floor with water running in one side and out the other. Of course no water flows after all these years. In the other room, you see nothing to keep food cold or any way to cook it, but there are some spots where things might have been removed. You do see openings in the wall above what must have been the 'kitchen sink', and another in its bottom that was likely a drain; again, no water flows now.

Given it's location the center room in the inner complex was most likely the dining area, though no furniture is here either.

The much larger spherical chamber in the inner complex has not nothing but the light fixtures, so there's no way to know what that was for.

Your best guess is that the two side chambers in the outer area are the only things that look like they could have been sleeping quarters. Even the artwork on the walls in those rooms are of night scenes and have a very peaceful quality, so thats as good a guess as any.

The camp outside still has it's radio equipment and some canned food and freeze-dried fruit as well as beds and clothes. It does not appear to have been disturbed in the week since it was abandoned. The vechicle tracks outside seem to have all come from the same two vechicles and the tracks criss-cross the whole area up and down the cliff face for several miles in either direction. The tracks are old though and are mostly obliterated by the wind. So most likely those who dropped the cliff covering the entrance either arrived by air or by quantum-powered travel. Given the mess made of the area by the landslide there is no chance of finding footprints or anything outside.

Archived