Trinity Universe: Aberrant: Zero roll call and discussion

Dr. Zero

I apologize sincerely greatly immensely profusely, I prostrate myself in front of you and commit seppuku with a blunt blade while licking your boots clean for being such a bloody idiot and not posting something here to say I was going to be away those days of June. Now that I have probably humbled myself enough, I'll be here from now on, with at most a short absence some days of September as I move to Barcelona. I have a somewhat important question now, though, what to do with my character in the currently-developing scene? Has Elena been there all the time/would arrive now/I should wait for the next scene?

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
I gotta ask where are you guys from IRL? I only ask because I get the feeling that there is not a lot of geography between us. I myself live in Marlborough, MA and originally hail from Portland, ME (so w00t! to Old Orchard).
I'm in Nashua, NH. Or as we explain it to non-New Englanders, 'North Boston.' Lacking any tolerable beaches here, we have to go to OOB to cause trouble.

Quote:
Originally posted by Jameson Bradford:
I gotta ask where are you guys from IRL? I only ask because I get the feeling that there is not a lot of geography between us. I myself live in Marlborough, MA and originally hail from Portland, ME (so w00t! to Old Orchard).
Well for me I'm probably the farthest away from everybody. I'm over in Iraq serving with the Army. I'm able to post pretty much everyday, but with the time difference it's usually late at night early morning when I do post.

Rules questions for the ST:

1) Does Bodymorphing into something that doesn't need to breath mean the character gains that without Adaptability?

2) Jack has Warp. Warp has that extra (name?) from the APG where environmental effects equal out. Could he try to pull a powermax and use that extra? I.e. put a gate in the middle of the fire and another in the ocean? How many succ would that take?

For that matter, from the map, how close are we to the ocean or any lake from here? Dare I hope for 0.5 km?

Hey sorry, RL took over... back now

But before we continue on, who else is here with me? Roll Call Please

Jack, Im not sure... I want to say it makes sense but also it seems unbalanced. Ill go ahead and say yes but this is another instance where the system is unclear.

You dont know the area well enough to know any lakes immediately around. While you have looked at maps, your warp needs a bit more accuracy than that. Its not an oceanside city either.

So... yes you can max it if you can find a water source. Yes, water already moving can flow through no problem. FYI its also possible to open non-vertical gates... so you can open a horizontal gate and catch a waterfall. For the record, though, I am ruling that gates entrances and exits have to be on the same plane unless you max it to re-orient the other side.

Quote:
Dr. Zero:Jack, Im not sure... I want to say it makes sense but also it seems unbalanced. Ill go ahead and say yes but this is another instance where the system is unclear.
RE: The Extra
The problem is extreme environments. Sand from the earth is pretty OK. Water from the ocean surface isn't broken but take it from the deep ocean and it comes through with enough force to rip through steel (Google "Water Lathe"). Vacuum results in a massive suction blowing people into space. A gate to the Sun results in the destruction of all life on the planet.

This is one extra I really wish they'd made Q6 min or even Q7+ min.

Quote:
Dr. Zero:You dont know the area well enough to know any lakes immediately around. While you have looked at maps, your warp needs a bit more accuracy than that. Its not an oceanside city either.
Understood.

Quote:
Dr. Zero:So... yes you can max it if you can find a water source. Yes, water already moving can flow through no problem. FYI its also possible to open non-vertical gates... so you can open a horizontal gate and catch a waterfall. For the record, though, I am ruling that gates entrances and exits have to be on the same plane unless you max it to re-orient the other side.
Water hydrants are gravity fed, that sounds like the way to go.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys,

Things seem really slow here, so I'm asking before I create a character... Who is actually still planning to play in the game? I had a great character concept, but it is kinda similar to one already posted and I obviously don't want to be a copycat. Also, I'd love to know who out of the original list of 8 characters is actually here?

Thanks guys.

Ok, don't seem to be getting much response. So for the record, I remain interested in joining this (or pretty much anyother abby game).

If you get more players or if the current ones return, send me a PM and I'll send you a character and join in.

Archived