Trinity Universe: A Global Welcome

Dr. Zero

After Pax has greeted him and moved on Richter sighs, a sound like two granite blocks sliding against each other, and grabs a shirt from the chair behind him.

Pulling the shirt over his head he settles it onto his body and it becomes apparent why he avoided wearing it in the first place; pulled tight over his massive frame in akward places his angular physique threatens to tear through the shirt in places.

"I hope they don't expect me to flex for the camera, I'd rather avoid pulling a Ferrigno."

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When Pax arrived Kyle slid into the ready "at ease" stance of a former military man. Speaking to authority figures was easy enough if you had the right mindset. Particularly if you were a member of the United States Air Force, you looked them in the eye, smile, put out your hand, "Hello sir... thankyou sir," release, go back to business. It was pretty rare you ever had to remember what was said specifically but something about Pax gave Kyle the impression this experience would stay with him a long, long time.

Joshua shakes Pax's hand while trying not seem taken back. Joshua normally has a commanding presence in any room, but next to Pax he feels as if he is a minor figure in a crowd.

"Yes, Joshua North, or Halo if you prefer. It's honor to be counted among so many brilliant and talented people."

After releasing Pax's hand Joshua concentrates for a moment and then his stylish suit flows into blue and gold bodysuit.

At Mawane's word Elena quickly makes her clothes change into the blue and white uniform, as if she'd been expecting to be told to. That's practically all she ahs time to do before Pax captures the attention of everyone, including her. Even when he relaxes his presence, she's still in awe of the T2M leader, in part from his tangible power, but also greatly from having grown up in a world that held Caestus Pax as a universal icon.

When he comes up to her she receives his handshake, and already has a hand on his back and is half leaning forward to complete the typical Spanish greeting with a kiss on each cheek when she realizes where she is and who she's talking to, and how it's probably very inappropiate. She nervously stands straight and looks him in the eye and, somehow, manages to say "I'm very pleased to meet you," and, finding herself at a loss about how to adress him, "sir."

While everyone is going through their intro with Pax, X startled by the tone of Mawane's command, shifts his eufiber into the standard uniform.

When it's his turn to meet Pax, a clearly awed X can barely mumble out the words "Hello there." The respect that flows from Pax is intoxicating to say the least and X can't help but to be caught up in his presence.

Pax, seeminly quite satisfied with the impression he gave and with the respect given back, laughs lightly at any shy or awkward behavior, dispelling even further the shock from the near legendary status that surrounds him. He keeps his words cool and professional, complimenting the team on their devotion to Utopia and the world.

He sweeps through the room in less than 3 minutes, something of a cross between a mythological hero and a media icon, and is out on stage, met by a wall of cheers from the crowd. The room seems much bigger all of a sudden with the flash arrival and departure of Pax.

Alice is still pulling a Team Tomorrow uniform over her own clothes when Pax enters. She gives him a smile, trying not to seem star-stuck and failing. She manages not to stutter or look like a complete fool when he speaks to her, but she can't keep the goofy smile off her face.

"Wow," she says, nodding with her teammates after he's left the room. "He's really impressive. Our thing must be really, really big..."

From onstage, the sounds of Pax's deep voice amplified to the few hundred live in the audience and the few billion watching and listening across the world, speaks of things to come.

"We live on the edge of tomorrow, the edge of a world at peace, the edge of a unified people. Utopians are the pioneers that venture not only to that edge but every day into the darkness, pushing that edge further and further back. We strive to see a world where there is no more edge... where there is peace, where the people are one people and where the dreams of tomorrow are coming true today."

He pauses and lets the audience applaud. Pax is, among many things, an effective showman. His tone changes slightly.

"Recently, I have heard the words "Desperate Measures". I have heard the words "Last Resort", "Dark Times". I have heard people talk about "Conspiracy" and "Corruption". I have heard these and many more. Back where I come from, we dont use those words. Actually, many people dont even know them... too big"

He waits for a laugh. Even his somewhat lame attempt at humor is met by a world of chuckles. Pax isnt known for his sense of humor so any joke he makes is usually met with delighted surprise.

"Back where I come from, we have other words we use instead. We say "At least rain brings good crops" we say "If it warnt worth doing, it would be easy anyway". Most of all we used words that everyone understands. We say "Hope" and "Tomorrow" all the time. I have a message straight from the heartlands to the world, particularly to those who dont yet understand what Utopia brings to the world. Its two simple words, "Hope Tomorrow". Simple enough but for many, they only see the tragedy today... Some your greatest wisdom will come at a time when you close your mouth and open your eyes and ears. There is a dawn you are missing if you arent quick to catch it."

Pax lets these words sink in. The audience reacts quietly at first with affirmation and, seeing he is pausing, swells into a cheer that is surely reflected from one corner of the globe to another.

"I am waxing poetic... many of you dont know me as the sentimental type for one major reason... Im not"

He smirks and is awarded a big laugh

"I am here not to talk about the tragedies of yesterday but to talk about tomorrow... in fact, the new tomorrow that we have been hinting at. I am proud to be the first to present to the world the members of our newest Team Tomorrow, Team Tomorrow Satelite!"

He beams and extends a hand and the curtains open...

As the curtains reel themselves open and Kyle is met with the flash of stage lighting and the audiences roaring reception he's very nearly overwhelmed. He suddenly realizes the gravity of his situation, *this is a world wide event* he thinks.

Not pausing for a cue he raises his right hand to the crowd, smiling broadly, while casually inserting his left into his a pocket. Within the confines of the eufiber his 'goldfinger's' nail flips to reveal a USB connector which slides comfortably into his cellphone's port. He employs his technopathy to surreptitiously search for sites covering the event live.

"Media stunt in the wake of the Slider scandal" stands out on the Net but Pax's words were still fresh in his mind, "Hope for Tomorrow". Even if the team were put together as a PR maneuver, they were Team Tomorrow... they could still do so much good, it was just a matter of proving it.

As the presence of the crowd overtakes Joshua's senses he straightens himself to his full height and extends a sincere, yet tempered smile. He tilts his chin up slightly and makes a point to make eye contact with as many people as possible. His left hand is planted on his waist, while he offers a small wave to the crowd with his right.

The light nearly blinds her, the roar of the crowd nearly deafens her, and she'd be lying is she said she wasn't about to turn around and run away for a moment. As it was, she walked forward, with a smile that was at first forced but then, as the general excitement got infectious, genuine. She lifted a hand to wave widely at the crowd, and despite her original plans of staying at the back and out of sight, she stepped forward alongside most of her teammates. After all, it wasn't like she could really hide from the cameras, or the eyes of so many people.

Despite their earlier discussion on smiling, Dark Mind does have a small but genuine smile on her face as she steps forward, waving. She can't see a thing; the lights blind her, and she struggles to not squint at them.

I wonder if Mom and Dad are taping this? she muses quietly. She's pretty sure that all her friends are watching... and she wonders what she's going to say to them.

The announcer lists off the Nova names, though interestingly enough not the baseline names, of each of the members while you file into the spotlights. Thankfully, for some of you anyhow, the lights are all but blinding so you can mostly see shapes but not so many faces of the roaring crowd. As you come on, Pax walks up to each of you and shakes your hand, along with a hearty pat on the back for the men, a an enveloping hug for the girls.

After a moment he steps back up to the mic. A quiet dramatic chord hums over the speakers as he picks up an object, hidden by the podium.

"The Team Tomorrow Emblem is a mark of heroes, a mark of responsiblity to the unified people of the world, a mark of authority over those who would divide those people, a mark of bravery in the face of adversity and the mark of those who would use their great power in the name of a better tomorrow."

He holds up what looks like small metalic pendants. You know these emblems are meant to attach to your uniform, over where cloth emblem is. He walks up to each of you and attaches the emblem. He raises an eyebrow and gives Jack a half smirk as he finishes.

"Halo, Glowbe, X, Android, Dark Mind, Firedrake, Richter 10 and Multigate... welcome to Team Tomorrow. World, please give them a warm welcome!"

It takes a few moments for the applause to die down, Pax beaming and basking in the crowds cheers and applause. The feeling of instant love of millions and millions is a bit intoxicating even to the hardest hearted of you.

You were prepped for this part, told if any of you had a few words to say that you would be allowed a sentence or two. You were by no means required, just offered the opportunity.

"And now, perhaps a few words from our newest Team Tomorrow..."

Kyle Aarons steps up to the mic, he looks left and right to see his new comrades in his peripheral vision then looks back out at the crowd. His mind is full of the possibilities, he wants to go on and on about how much Team Tomorrow has done and how they've enriched everyone's lives. He wants to thank Pax, Utopia and his mother for giving him the chance to be up here in the eye of the World.

Then he remembers all those friggin' parades and ceremonies in the Air Force. How long winded the speakers seemed regardless of their sincerity, like their speech had been crafted to torment the poor guys standing in the formation. He swore he'd always shoot for the brevity award if he were in the same situation, so looking out at the crowd he squints slightly and speaks.

"We're on it."

Dark Mind lets the amusement from Chronogeist and Multigate's speech pull her mouth into a deeper smile. Seeing no time like the present, she steps forward and leans toward the microphone. "We just want to use our powers to better the world," she says in a soft, even voice. "Thank you."

Richter hangs back with Siggismund and chooses not to step up to the podium. Clasping his hands behind his back he stands idly trying to look relaxed while he listens to his teammates.

To Siggismund he whispers, "No point in opening our mouths with nothing to say, eh?"

Joshua steps up to microphone wondering if anyone will recognize the influence of much of his speech. He hasn't spoken publicly in many years and even then it was to a room full of students, not the entire world. Joshua takes a deep breath before he begins.

"Prior to this press conference I was asked to put my meager abilities to use and prepare a longer statement. That being said, I trust that I'll be forgiven if I appear long winded. At times such as these there can be a tendency to allow sadder thoughts to intrude upon our minds. To recall memories of friends and colleagues who are missing, and give in to the fears that dwell within each of us. Life is filled with such memories and fears, and to brood too long upon them would distract us from those living duties which demand, rightfully demand, are attentions and exertions. The responsibility of these duties rest upon all of humanity. It is not the place of Team Tomorrow to act as saviors, we are but guides and symbols. It is our duty to demonstrate what is possible when humanity unites for the common cause of liberty and equality. My teammates and I have humbly accepted this mission and hope that the trust that the world has given us has been wisely given. Thank You."

Cestus Pax applauds directly at the collected group which causes the crowd, and indeed, the world to burst from silence into a thunderous applause. Waves and waves of shouts and good wishes wash over you. The announcer is saying something but the words are washed out with the massive sound.

You all stand there beaming and the hundreds of photographs are very quickly plastered around the world on screen and in print. Within the space of a few moments, you have all been made legends... the deeds to earn the status are clearly on loan from the hearts and minds who have already raised you up to hero status.

Later...

Scraps of newspaper, some still containing the photos of the newest team tomorrow, swirl around in the hot and suffocating heat of a city on fire. The sky glows with a dark corona of red, speckled with ash raining upward into the black of a smoke filled midnight. Sirens and shouts mingle with the sound of gunfire and distant explosions, all muted by the ever-present sound of the fire.

The wind blows slowly, fanning the flames and sending a number of firefighters running from a newly collapsing office complex. As it explodes outwardly, more automatic gunfire shatters the night, this time closer to the firefighters than they expect, sending them scattering, seeking cover in the not yet burned buildings.

One of them backs away from the window and leaves the other side of the building, frusterated and scared but missing his radio and his buddies. Being fully unequipt to handle terrorists, he looks around helplessly for any sign of hope. The sign steps out of an armored van, screaming onto the scene, in the form of a number of Novas...

Android is tense. The Chair Force hadn't exactly prepared him for combatting terrorists, just how to prevent their attacks and a little on the end of gathering Intel.

He was pretty sure a volley of small arms fire could still kill him unless he got the drop on an assailant, if he got 'first strike' he had numerous options. It would all come down to who struck first... Then his Career Development Course (of all things) started to come back to him, "Information is power and controlling information leads to control of the battlespace."

As he pondered this and other things it became clear the time for action approached.

"What are the primary, secondary and tertiary objectives? I think the hierarchy is Civilian Evacuation, Terrorist Neutralization then Disaster Control."

Android's case of verbosity was clearly the result of nerves, he continued "If that's the case and I have properly assessed our resources, Dark Mind and I should try to locate civilians and put Multigate in area for Evac. That leaves Richter, Siggusmund and X on Terrorist Neutralization, if Multigate can multitask either myself or Dark Mind might be able to put you in the area of Red Forces, although the automatic weapon's fire should lead you right to theh... Wait who was the leader again?"

X's apraisal of the situation is one of almost complete choas. The gun fire that is raging has X a little worried that the firemen, and civilians inside the building are in grave danger.

X's has never dealt with terrorists before so when Android spells out his plan X readily agrees. "Solid plan you got there Android. I got no problem handling the terrorists with Siggy and Richter. We should be more than enough match for them" he says with nervous concern.

"There's far too many building in the area for me to use the Epicenter, we're going to need to subdue these guys individually. Is everybody going to be ok for personal protection? The last thing we need is to lose one of our own while we take these guys down." As Richter says this he reaches down and pulls a sewer cover out of the street, tucking it his arm like an oversized discus or frisbee.

Halo exits the van and immediately begins assessing the situation. He listened to Android's while formulating his own plan.

"Good plan, Android. You, Dark Mind, and Glowbe should start by organizing the local firefighters to assist in an evacuation."

Halo's pauses a second before continuing, "Android, can you pick up any radio signals that may give a more presicse location of the hostiles?"

"Ummmm... maybe? I might be able to do one better if the building they're in has a solid security system that's still functional, they may have disabled it or it may be down due to the fire."

Android thinks about a couple of options and will attempt the most likely.

1) If the targeted building has a still functional security system he'll try to hack it from outside. [Either call the building on his cell and hack in from there since all landline communications are done via OpNet or CyberK from the lobby doors, he should be able to see the receptionists workstation from there]

2) If they haven't arrived yet he'll look at the radio in the van and see if its "Seek" function picks up radio any communications, hopefully these terrorists speak english or someone on site speaks their lingo.

Siggy seems somewhat bewildered by the intensity of the situation, but snaps out of it at Kyle's suggested plan, and his golden-green dragon-nimbus roars forth from his body.

He steps between Xavier and Jameson, tilts his head in the direction of gunfire and extends his hands, now shrouded with oversized talons of force, towards Jameson and Xavier. In a bassy rumble he adds, "Strike team flight now boarding, all aboard who's coming aboard, unless they weigh more than 10 tons, in which case they have to walk..." as his four meter span 'wings' of force extend and he hovers over the surface of the ground.

Over the radio, or in some cases in your own ears, you can hear the current assessment of the situation by the local authorities... (if you can speak Spainish, that is... we are in Bogota, Columbia)

"<static> 3 entire city blocks shrouded in flame and <static> centered on the electrical station that was half the cities power <static> ...was blown out by terrorists. <long static>... civilian concentration likely high in apartment building complex <static>... others evacuated... <garbled static> 25 minutes since the explosion of the power <static>... <static>... still staying in the area for unknown reasons opening fire. They could easily have left if they wanted to... estimates at around 20 heavily armed <static> and two vehicles, one armored and the other a satelite equipted white van..."

At this point, Alecia Ayan, your radio "oracle" buzzes into your ear pieces.

"Ok, doing a satelite scan on the area. Difficult because of smoke... looks like there are three major areas to worry about. The first are the civilian apartment buildings, where you are in front of. The second, is the electrical station where it seems the terrorists are now re-occupying with more explosives. The third, directly opposite you on the other side of the station, is the heaviest concentration of fire and is an industrial zone so chemicals are being burned... that area is the greatest risk of flame fuel. The terrorists seem to be evenly spread throughout the city, seemingly acting to keep authorities out of the area as a whole... perhaps using the fire as a cover. The greatest concentrations are the same three areas. Also, I think the authorities have it wrong, I suspect closer to 30. Alecia out."

As Alecia briefs the team on situation Halo begin to rise in to the air.

"I think we need to reexamine the initial plan. Android,I think You, Dark Mind, and Multi-Gate should see to the civilians. Richter and Glowbe try and help the locals with fire. X, Firdrake and myself should deal with the terrorist. Any thoughts?"

X let's out a little laugh at Richter's joke "We'll be fine big fella," and as he grabs hold of Siggy's hands he picks up Halo's new plan.

Over his mic X goes "Have Mulit-Gate send a couple of clones with us and some with the locals for the fire. That should allow the rest of you for checking on the civilians."

Archived