Aberrant RPG - Testing the waters.

Wakinyan

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys. Totem, I just wanted to let you know that I've changed my character's concept quite a bit. I don't have a name for him as of yet, but he's an ex-con who erupted in prison and is working for/with Project Utopia as a condition of his early parole. His powers will revolve around Spatial and Motion Manipulation along with some physical mutations.

I'm just curious as to when we will be given more information on the game/setting? Some details like what city we'll be based in and the like would be really helpful in filling out my character's background.

Some small background notes.

The story will take place in a rashoud facility near Washington D.C.. The year will be 2008. The Rashound facility is actually south of D.C. on an island in the Potomac for safety and security reasons. It is the largest facility on the east coast. (In my version of things) All of you will have been brought in sometime in late spring of 08'

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know what kind of deal you have for the webspace (wouldn't want you to offend a friend by jumping the gun on him/her), but there are a number of places to get free forum space for rpgs. N!Prime certainly isn't the least of those, and there are a few others ... proboards comes to mind.

Good news all!!

A gracious patron has come forward to help me host a board! I am going to start working on getting it ready this week.

Now here is the bad news. I have a vacation coming up and I won't be back until the 25th. So I don't see the game starting until the end of this month at the earliest.

I will likely be going over characters again before game start so we can discuss changes and what not enroute.

Hey all.

I'm the 'gracious host' that is offering space for the game. In otherwords, I'm bribing my way into the game. wink I'll be getting the boards themselves set up soon. Now I just need to come up with a character concept, all of your ideas sound very interesting...

*walks off pondering what mega-cool idea to use*

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I need to send out a warning. I was there yesterday and my virus scan (on a company computer) went on. By all indications it found several versions of different viruses on that webpage. I'm not saying this to be a jerk, perhaps it was something else entirely, I'd been there before and nothing had happened. But yesterday it went crazy. I just wanted to give fair warning. Hopefully it's nothing.

I just went there and got warnings as well. SOme form of "backdoor" trojan but my work system deleted the file. The welcome page came up fine but when I went to the "Alpha and Omega" topic my system noted the virii. I failed to get further details on it.

There's a problem. I post primarily from work, and my network rep saw me after I went to that sight. I can't go back, I can't take the chance. Nothing bad happened (so far or to my knowledge) but if I go back and get that warning I could get in some hot water here. I might try posting from home when I get the chance, but I suggest not to wait for me. I'd like to play, but it's a little risky for me.

Archived