Re: Public Character Knowledge Thread

Ashnod

1) Can it be moved to the OpNet for easy reference, with a lock on it to keep it at the top like the FAQ?

2) We can only make changes within about a 12 hour span. We won't be able to make regular updates.

3) Taking 2 into consideration, how about a "menu" type interface, such as we had for the character contest, where you can click on the character you're researching rather than have to scroll through pages and pages of data looking for a specific entry. Updates could be made through a Administrator or Moderator via Private Messages or some kind of submission queue?

Just suggestions.

This can be done a few different ways. I can put a link to your character profile in your forum profile, I can make a new page with a menu like Ashnod said, as few as several other possibilities. Right now I'd just like to know what categories that everyone would like. Should we just use the character entry form ? Don't use it now, as it is currently disabled. Just look at it. Or should we add/remove anything from it? I'd like to have some general guide for how it works so that we can get a somewhat consistent look to it, which will help people easily find what they are looking for when they look through them. Just let me know what everyone wants to do?

There are a couple of threads relating to this topic. This is the one that I'll be reading to find out how everyone wants this thing implemented.

While we are setting this up, you can always post your info here: Public Face of the OpNet .

I forgot all about the character entry forms but they would really be useful for this. You just fill out the form and It's added by Chosen (or whoever) to the menu in the thread.

My suggestion for the form is to remove Nature and Allegiance slots; they are a little too close to game stats and that type of information will always crop up in the character's backstory.

Some people have declared allegiances, like Ashnod being a Terat. Members of T2M would be known as T2M'ers, since there is always a great deal of press surrounding them. You could always put "unknown" in the allegiance field.

Just thoughts.

I think the character entry form is the best idea, myself. Then have a menu that links to the individual entries so you can quick reference anyone you need to. Maybe with just the fields that we've been using on the official thread: Appearance, Powers, and Known Facts.

On another note: Come on peoples! Put some info on the thread! Thus far we only have myself, Prodigy, Codex, Essex, Totem, and V. The site is FULL of characters.

• 2 weeks later...
Quote:
Originally posted by Blue Cherry:
I hope you all like Cherry's.
I think the Faces thread should be restricted to PC's that will actually show up. You have it stating that Cherry doesn't talk to people except in a couple of words. How the hell can she be an active PC here? Hell, TUM TUM was more talkative than that.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay people. It's time to Ante up. There are lots of characters here who should have public into and I want to see it. smile

Come on people. I'd like to see write ups of the folowing characters;

Jager

Bastion

Both Preston's

Vile Bill (even though he's dead)

Endeavor

Digigeist

Char

Jordan Rossi

Brother X

and any other semi-regular characters who've had an impact here.

Quote:
Originally posted by Jager:
Will think on it.
Dude, we're asking for public information. Shit that everyone would know. Jager is waaaaayyyy too in everyone's business to be Captain Secret anymore. Everyone who shows up, he's got some shared history with and lets everyone know about it. He talks about his goings on constantly.

People like Ashnod, who've been here forever and an hour, can remember most of your posts and work from that. But folks like Totem are new and asking them to go back through your insane number of posts to get a clue of the character is asking too much.

Quote:
Originally posted by Malu Hekili:
Quote:
Originally posted by James 'Prodigy' Meehan:
I think the Faces thread should be restricted to PC's that will actually show up.
I'm sorry, I keep meaning to be more active, but I haven't quite figured out exactly how to do that yet.
No biggie. I only had a problem with Blue Cherry because from her initial writeup it sounded like she was a character, who by her very nature, would not participat on the OpNet. That is apparently not the case, so I have no problem with her. You have at least the potential to participate. That you do not do so now, is again, no biggie.

This isn't supposed to be a post by your character. This is a post by the player, talking about what people will know.

Elites are the subject of a rabid OpNet journalistic frenzy. Everything they do, if a reporter can find out about it, will be published ten times by noon. Their employers have a vested financial interest in letting everyone know exactly how badass their employees are and what they are capable of. Some types might be kept close to the vest, but still, being a Nova is, nine times out of ten, a fairly public existence.

Oh, and Avatar? Vile Bill is dead and he's staying that way. You have a reason thinking he should be written up?

James; There isn't a lot I know about him and he was apparently well like by many people here. I'd like to know more about him. Like you said above, both his exploits as an Elite, and very likely his death, would be all over the media.

Really, I'm just curious about a character I didn't get to meet.

Archived