[Fiction] You win!

Eris

She looked at the keys in her hand.

She looked at the car.

She looked at the keys and frowned.

She looked at the car and frowned.

The Dodge HyperCharger in racing orange stared back at her taunting her, sneering at her, challenging her.

She fidgeted a bit her thousands of tiny braids of hair threaten to shift so she brushed the bangs aside and sighed angrily. Eris ran her hand over the hood of the powerful car. She knew this couldn't end well but still she knew not to ignore it when these things started happening.

The black horns that jutted from her skull gleamed lustrously in the moonlight of the warm spring night. She casually pulled down the sunglasses that had rested next to them and put them over her eyes. The dark shades contrasted sharply against her beautiful light blue skin.

As she stood in the empty parking lot she began her mantra.

"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses."

With a ease that would have made the Duke Boys proud she did a leaping slide into the charger's drivers side window. The keys slammed into the ignition and the powerful engine roared to life.

Hit it.

Rubber burned as the goddess of discord tore out onto the open road.

• 2 weeks later...

The Charger burned brightly in the night. It was now three in the morning and the sportscar was burning like it was the guest of honor at a viking funeral.

Except it was impaled on the 78th floor of the Sears tower.

And it was upside down.

Eris crawled out of the burning wreck wincing with the pain of cut on her forehead. Her deep crimson blood a beautiful contrast against the blue of her skin. Not that she noticed the artistic relevance of it, she was more concerned with getting out of the car. Fates (the uppity little bitches that they are) had other ideas. The snag of her denim jacket told her she was stuck and the sprinkler system kicking on to douse the glorious burning brand impaled into the side of the sky scrapper and of course dousing the girl as well.

"I knew this was a bad idea!" She roared, if a roar could ever be called cute hers would have been. In her bleary eyed state she tugged her jacket free and utterly ruined her Lemmy Chillmeister patch that she had so carefully sewn onto the back.

The ruined office she now stood in was saved thanks to the sprinkler system. All the precious cubicles would live to see another day, albeit a more damp one. Quickly she made her way to the door and to an outerstairwell. The alarm klaxons were very annoying and added to the concussion it was down right excrutiating. Eris right then and there decided that she was officially not in a good mood.

The tromping of boots did not catch her ears until they had almost overtaken her as security and the fire department came up as she went down. Not wanting to deal with explaining exactly how she managed to crash a Dodge Charger into the 78th floor of the Sears Tower (There was a perfectly good explanation for it. It would just take to long and her head was hurting!) she decided to just pass it off.

The firefighters stopped dead in their tracks as Sandcaster the leader of the Windy City Knights came down the stairwell. Her body battered, blood seeped down across her rough sandpaper face.

"Ma'am! Are you alright!?" The commander on scene jumped forward to help her but was waved off. "Yes, Yes I am fine. Silly me for trying to catch that car some silly Nova had thrown, serves me right to play the hero." Sandcaster giggled and the firefighters seemed bewildered, the fact that she was wearing a pair of urbancamo pants a pink tank top and a denim jacket covered with asorted patches did not go unnoticed by them. "I will heal, you know how us Novas heal so quickly. You boys go clean up that mess upstairs and I will go down and talk to the chief when he arrives."

That was enough for the fire crew off they rushed to save those poor cubicles and off Sandcaster rushed to get the hell out of Dodge!

Ten minutes later Eris (Who was once again Eris) was two blocks away and trying not to look behind her at the tall building surrounded by emergency vehicles.

Her brand new shiny car was ruined. It was no surprise, it had actually lasted longer than most. But her jacket... Her pretty pretty jacket was ruined! Lemmy's patch was from his 2012 world tour, it was his last tour! How could she find a replacement!? She teared up a little as she hugged her jacket closely. She had to remind herself that all things were fleeting even kick ass rock and roll patches.

She decided to look on the bright side. She had made it! She breathed deeply and nodded, this indeed was a nexus.

Those little bitches (Fates) were indeed up to something here and by gods (and goddesses) she wasn't going to be left out.

Wiping the blood from her cheek Eris began to grin.

Coming out of the club this early was a sign that things at the club were less than stellar. The weather was still a little chilly and Tekk’s jacket was of little comfort. Walking down the sidewalk Tekk pays little attention to his surroundings as he’s headed for his apartment to catch up on some sleep.

Before to long, Tekk notices a bright orange glow coming from the direction of the Sears tower. A touch of concern comes to Tekk, before he hear’s the siren of the fire trucks heading to put out the fire. He was a few blocks away from the tower, so Tekk decides that he would go take a look and see if there was anything he could do to help out the fire department.

Coming within a few blocks of the tower, Tekk almost runs into a grinning blue skin lady, holding what looks like the tattered remains of a Lemmy Chillmeister jacket. “Oh sorry about that,” he remarks almost not noticing the cut on her forehead, which Tekk can tell is still fresh. “Are you alright there Miss, looks like you took a nasty blow to the head.”

"Ha!! NOOOOOOOVA!" She screamed at the man as she almost fell over. She knew it! Those little bitches could kiss her blue ass! "I knew it! This place is freakin awesome! I walk two blocks in the middle of the night and BAM! NOOOOVA!"

The shouting and excitement of her outburst seems to have a negative effect on her as the tousled yet stunningly pretty girl waivers unsteadily. Touching her forehead lightly with a wince Eris looked back at the stranger with her eyes still not focusing correctly.

"Ya know babe, it might just be the concussion talking but you are totally hot. Feel like trying hard yet failing miserably to make some babies?" The grin turned up and broader as the blue skin and black horned girl slid the beaten up denim jacket back over her torso then suddenly threw her arms over the strangers shoulders. "I warn you though I kiss and tell."

The come on would have probably sounded better if she was closer to consciousness and her face and pink shirt were not totally covered in her blood.

"Oh wait.. Are you a Knight?! Because if so you will have to put on that little jumpsuit you guys wear. I love a man in uniform!" Eris giggled and squinted closely looking Tekk over as if try to ascertain his identity.

“Whoa slow down there pretty lady.” The suddenness of her draping her arms around him caught Tekk a little off guard, and it felt just a bit uncomfortable. Tekk quickly suppressed the surprised look on his face before speaking to the blue lady in front of him.

Sensing that Eris is obviously suffering from the effects of wound, Tekk tries to get her to sit calm down so he can take a closer look at her cut. Trying to compose himself is another matter entirely. This woman in front of him is like no other women he has ever seen, and the urge to help her is almost overwhelming. Tekk cannot keeps his eyes off her and in his head there are alarm bells going off, but he chooses to ignore them.

“It seems like your not feeling very well there miss. Name’s Tekk by the way. Nice to meet you! If you’re looking for the Knights I can take you there, but we need to get that cut taken care of first. “Before that though, what the heck happened here?”

Archived