Aberrant RPG - New flaw for y'all.

Okay, here is something that'll make people say "it sucks to be you".

New Flaws

Eufiber Allergy (1[mild] to 5[severe]) points

The nova with this unfortunate problem, either developed this

as a result of their eruprion, or they developed it as a taint

related aberration. Wearing other polymers and plastics over

the skin when contacting it will protect the character for the

1 point allergy. At 3 points, the nova must wear a respirator

as well. At 5 points, the character has to wear a full biohazard

suit to even get near it.

1 Point: Mild Allergy

The nova develops a minor rash from being in contact with eufiber.

once removed from contact of the body, the Nova's skin recovers

in half the number of hours that the person had contact with the

eufiber.

3 Points: Moderate Allergy

The nova develops a minor case of hives, with some minor swelling.

The nova needs to recover naturally as if suffering 1 bashing damage

from the eufiber per hour of contact.

5 Points: Severe Allergy

The nova suffering from this stage of the allergy, suffers terrible

chills, swelling and hives from contacting eufiber. Although the

cause may be removed, the nova still suffers from it. And recovers

from the ordeal as if she suffered 1 lethal damage per hour

of contact.

Enjoy... Or in this case... suffer.

[ 06-22-2002: Message edited by: Endeavor ]

Believe it or not, a flaw with the precise same name is actually in the Aberrant Player's Guide. That version just has a single value (which I couldn't tell you at the moment since someone else has my APG), and it effectively means you kill eufiber if you attune it to yourself for more than a day or so...

They also leave it as an Aberration in the book as well, if you're the type of person who dislikes Merit/Flaw systems. (I've always been of the persuasion that you don't need Merits/Flaws in Aberrant. Aberrant has a somewhat similar system in it's Taint system, and since Merits/Flaws give you Bonus Points, not Nova Points, it's rather pointless.)

Still. interesting interpretation, but then, not all novas wear eufiber. Of the three characters I play on the Opnet Board, none wear Eufiber, for various reasons (Sydney's incorporeal, Alex isn't nova, and Teknokat made something better...)

I gave the flaw the wrong name. Sorry, even I cant be perfect. I accidentally called it Eufiber rejection. -_-; I need caffeine...

Now, when they say that Buenida SECRETES the eufiber, does that mean from a gland or... ahem... is it part of the waste process...

[ 06-22-2002: Message edited by: Endeavor ]

Now, the only place that has anything about the eufiber secretion process is, believe it or not, the Directive book. It has a picture of Buendia, and from that picture, it seems that it's secreted from his skin, much like hair. While the picture you paint is... graphic (and quite appropriate to many Aberrant stories I'm sure), I don't think that's the case...

Quote:
Originally posted by Kirby1024:
Now, the only place that has anything about the eufiber secretion process is, believe it or not, the Directive book. It has a picture of Buendia, and from that picture, it seems that it's secreted from his skin, much like hair. While the picture you paint is... graphic (and quite appropriate to many Aberrant stories I'm sure), I don't think that's the case...

I guess I need some sleep... ewwww....

my favorite part of that section is how paranoid the directive is. because it is secreted and from a living nova, the directive doesn't allow any of it's operatives to use eufiber on the grounds that anibal might have some sort of connection to his eufiber even after it's secreted.

Quote:
Originally posted by Father Ryan:
There is room for conjecture at this point that Buenida is in fact the Colony in the Trinity setting.
Having the eufiber taking over the people who wear it is a rather nasty twist. Don't knock the directive. They may well be right.

God bless all here.

My ST threw that concept into the mix. We had something called the EuFiber War, which was essentially Buendia going mad and taking control of all EuFiber in the world, like a hive-mind. He controlled all electrical systems dependent on EuFiber (even synthetic EuFiber) and all people wearing it.

In short, it was a very very nasty, and very bloody, war that devasted much of the planet and killed countless.

Sounds cool. The reason I came up with this flaw is simple. Some Novas may not take too well to wearing Eufiber. In the same way that people show allergies to latex. Eufiber is a secretion of a nova, so that nova is immune to their own secretions. But, some other novas react either with rashes, or more severe symptoms of an allergy.

Now perhaps you're wondering, why Novas even suffer from an allergy like this. Well, it's simple really. It's not their own material. Eufiber can cause reactions by the nova without effecting the Eufiber. The only way to stop this annoying and painful allergy is to remove the offending article of Eufiber. Then it takes some time for the symptoms to subside.

All in all, a flaw of true genius, I must say... ^_^

Quote:
Originally posted by SpartanClear:
my favorite part of that section is how paranoid the directive is. because it is secreted and from a living nova, the directive doesn't allow any of it's operatives to use eufiber on the grounds that anibal might have some sort of connection to his eufiber even after it's secreted.

They also have heard of cases where the suit eats the man. An inflaited rumor of what the APG calls "Vampiric EuFiber".

And I like the flaw, but it sounds a little incompatable with Mega-Stamina.

Quote:
Originally posted by SpartanClear:

Of course, what with a world of Novas who can turn into ooze, bend the minds of mere mortals to their will, and detatch body parts that maintain some semblance of sentience, you might be a little paranoid about something living secreted from one of these powerful beings.

Archived