Aberrant RPG - What's your character like?

Stellar

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its callous remarks like that destroy homes. Homewrecker.

oh well, as a matter of duty we must get terminology down.

Twink- Emphasis on power with a little knowledge of the rules in general. possible role playing in the thorg smash mode of expression.

Munchkin- Disregard for the rules and roleplaying. Why does he play at all, cause duke nukem can only be played so much before it gets boring.

Powergamer- The ultimate synthesis of ambition and knowledege. Aim is to win. What s to be won is left undefined. Consumate rules knowledege but understanding of cinematic interaction allows for domination of any setting.

Rules Lawyer- Will use and abuse the rules. But no matter how torture the interpretations are there is no breakage. Has little knowleedge of applied technique.

tell me Meehan do you enjoy Helen Reddy cause I do.

• 2 weeks later...

Just getting the man down in print.

Birth Name: William Porter

Date of Birth: July 8, 1960

Date of Eruption: January 19, 2004

Place of Origin: Hollywood, California by way of Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

Allegiance: DeVyre

Nature: Bravo

Attributes: Strength 4 , Dexterity 4 Stamina 5, Perception 3 , Intelligence 2 , Wits 4 , Appearance 2, Manipulation 3,

Charisma 3

Abilities: Drive 3, Melee 2, Brawl 4, Might 4, Athletics 2, Firearms 4, Stealth 3, Awareness 3, Academics 1, Computer 1, Linguistics 1 (Spanish), Survival 3, Biz 2, Rapport 1, Intimidation 4, Streetwise 3,

Backgrounds; Resources 4, Backing (DeVyres) 4, Influence 3, Euefibre 5, Contacts 3, Allies 2, Attunement 2

Quantum: 4

Quantum Pool: 28

Willpower: 7

Taint: 4

Aberrations: Oily Black Eyes, tongue and gums.

MegaAttributes:

MegaStrength 3 (Crush, Quantum Leap) MegaDexterity 1 (Enhanced Movement), MegaStamina 4 (Resiliency X2,Regeneration, Hardbody

Quantum Powers:

Armor 4

The Nasty Black (Two linked powers)

Immobilization 4 (linked for 3 with 3 extra dice)

Poison 4 (linked simultaneous for 3, with ranged and burning extras)

Psychic Shield 2

Boost (Strength) 3

William Porter is a rough and tumble thug with a small dash of charm. He is overly impressed with money and sees it as one of the most important proofs of one's worth.

He has spent time in jail for a variety of minor offenses, usually involving either drunken behavior or assault. With his nova stamina preventing any real drunkeness and his connections with DeVrye preventing any inconvenient incarceration he is enjoying life to the fullest.

• 2 months later...

Lucinda “Caliber” McGuffy

Note: Mega stats are listed in parentheses

Physical

Strength 2 (1), Dexterity 5 (5), Stamina 2 (2)

Social

Charisma 2, Manipulation 3 (1), Appearance 3 (1)

Mental

Perception 3, Intelligence 3, Wits 4 (1)

Enhancements:

Precision, Martial Proficiency (Firearms), Weapon Mastery,

Amazing Grace, Durability, Resiliency, Hardbody, The Voice,

Bruiser, Fight Song (Disturbed: Enemy), Trickster, Picture Perfect,

Enhanced Initiative x1, Quickness x3

Nature/Demeanor: Architect/Bravo

Willpower: 5

Quantum: 6

Quantum Pool: 50

Skills

Awareness 3, Athletics 2, Martial Arts (Savate) 3, Computer 2, Driving 2,Endurance 3, Resistance 3, Leadership 2, Might 2, Stealth 3, Security 3, Subterfuge 2, Streetwise 3, Firearms 5, Style 3, Intimidation 3, Interrogation 2

Quantum Powers:

“Quantum Gunnery” Quantum Bolt 5 (Lethal, Energy, Mastery Level 1)

Extras:

AP, Reduced Quantum Cost

Limits:

Must use a gun. She actually charges the bullet, turning it to energy.

Limited by the range of the gun she uses.

Damage: [Quantum x4] + (Level x8)

*this is with the Mastery bonus added in

** thats [24] + 40 people.

“Changling” Shapeshift 3

Extras:

Reduced Quantum Cost

Limits:

People only.

Cannot copy powers.

”Roll with it” Armor 5

Extras:

Impervious… sort of. (AP does not apply, but Agg damage is not reduced to leathal.)

Limits:

Not always on. (She only gets the benefit of this power while aware.)

Does not work if restrained.

Let me explain a bit about this. She’s not tougher, she just basically rolls with the blow or partially dodges attacks by reflex. That way she’s grazed by the attack, thereby reducing damage, instead of being tough.

Silence 3

Aberrations:

Aberrant Eye: Right eye is pink and glows with Quantum expenditure

No “Bruised” Health Level

Backgrounds:

Allies (lots), Backing (lots), Attunement 2, Cipher 7, Eufiber 4, Node 3

I can give more complete backgrounds if anybody wants it. Long story there though.

Anyways... she was a "Cleaner" and "Wetworker" before her erruption. All of her powers reflect that. She was/is fast and used to guns and changing her apperance.

She's very much a John Woo inspired character.

Mega Dex enhancement:

Martial Proficiency

Description: Novas with Martial Proficiency are truly frightening in combat. Their skill is unparalleled, even among their nova peers.

System: The nova picks a weapon or unarmed combat skill when this enhancement is selected (i.e. Frearms, Melee, Brawling, Martial Arts). Form then on, the nova simply needs to spend a Quantum point to gain three automatic successes on all rolls with that skill for the round.

So.... any comments? Questions?

The Martial Mastery extra is one of those big bones of contention in the game. Anything that gives automatic successes in combat is kinda scary, but so is anything that gives extra actions. Look at Accuracy (does anyone use that?). It gives you three extra dice in one combat round. Yeah?

Nice touch on the Armor power.

Alternately, I used part of the Super-Heavy extra (the increased difficulty to be hit) as Jager's defensive mechanism to show the same thing. Likewise, I was allowed to use Hyper-Leap (MStr.) to dodge area effect attacks.

A house rule that I have run with and like only allows an Enhanced Int. and Extra Actions equal to the novas' Meg-Wits. Call me Knit-Picky.

Should the Allies actually be Contacts or do you really know that many folks who would really risk their lives and livelyhoods for you. I have always felt that contacts were under-rated. Besides, as a 'Hit-Person', contacts would be much more useful. Likewise, don't go with Cipher 7, just get the enhancement out of Adventure called Enigma. Read it, its cool and I think it is really what your character is looking for.

About how many points are we looking at here? Starting NP's and xp's?

okay, the basics.

Started as a 30 NP character. As far as exp, well... you can guess at that. I really don't know myself. The limits on my powers did a pretty good job on reducing thier cost though.

I like the idea of limited levels of enhancements, like quickness, by Mega-Attribute. I had been meaning to get more Mega-Wits, but haven't got around to it yet. And I am also finding out that it seems everybody has Mega-Intelligence, but me. ::mutters::

Well, I plan on picking up the Super-Heavy Extra asap. I'm glad that I wasn't the only to looks at powers, like armor, from a different angle. I've thought about getting Quantum Leap enhancement because she does jump alot in combat, but usually off of wall back at opponents. Her Dex allows her to get up pretty any corner by wather jumping quick or climbing.

As far as the contacts and allies. Yes. She does actually have ALOT of people who would risk thier lives for her. She also has alot of people she just gets info from.

Also.. she was a hit-person. She looked at her erruption as a chance to change and get away from that. She has since gone on to form her own philosiphy (sp?) called Divergence. It's similar to Terras, but varies on several major points. Most noteable is that the fact Novas have powers just makes them different from baselines. Not better than baselines. I can do a big post on Divergence if people really want to hear it. She's got ALOT of people on it. She will teach it to anybody, reguardless of your affiliation. She's just trying to do things for the good of Nova kind in this, thier infancy.

She has become realativly good friends with Orziz and Spalsh, seeing as she's kind of the "middle ground" and does not get along with Pax at all. And.. to make a long story short, she killed ozaki and Theatus (sp?) once she found out what the were up to.

She also acknowledges at things need to be protected so she has continued to refine her powers. She doesn't do hit anymore. This was her second chance and a chance to make the world a better place. Kind of the reluctant hero thing.

As far as Adventure, I don't have access to a copy. Thanks though.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I'm new here, obviously, but I love message boards and like Abberant. Here's a character I recently created but haven't gotten a chance to play.

Name: Albin Mk II

Eruption: Creation

Nature: Haven't yet decided on a good one.

Allegiance: Julian Amici

Attributes: Physical and Mental 5, App 1, Manipulation 3, Charisma 2 (Note: my social attributes are this high only because I had to put in 3 points during character creation)

Abilities: Might, Athletics, Drive, Melee, Stealth, Awareness, Investigation, Academics, Computer, Engineering, Linguistics and Science 3. (Note: I put a self-imposed restriction on his abilities, only allowing them to get up to 3 points until he gets his processor (Mega-Int) upgraded)

Backgrounds: Cipher 5 (there is no official record of his "birth") Backing: Julian Amici 4 (I'll explain who he is later) Eufiber 5

Willpower: 3 (I plan to buy this up with XP)

Quantum: 2

Quantum Reserves: 24

Taint: 2

Mega-Attribues:

Mega-Int 1: Eidetic Memory (with plans to get Analyze Weakness and Speed Reading)

Mega-Perception 1: EM Vision, Ultra-Peripheral Perception (with plans to get High-End EM Scan and Hyperenhanced Hearing)

Mega-Stamina 2: Nano-Bot Repairs (Regeneration)

Quantum Powers: I've given all of "his" power a special, technical, name.

Heisenburg Compensator 1 (Invisibility):

This name is actually a kind of technical joke, Heisenburg's Uncertainty Principle says in short that you can't observe anything without influencing it, thus Invisibility as a compensation.

Power Couplings 1 (Quantum Conversion: Electricity):

Albin extrudes power cables from his main body to power electric devices. Extras: Reduced Cost (Free)

Self-Programmed

Aerial Propulsion Unit 1 (You guessed it! Flight):

This one is simply an integrated jet back on Albin's back.

Efficient Propulsion 1 (Hypermovement):

This represents Albin's systems allocating a minimum of power and fuel to his various systems. Extras: Affects Aerial Propulsion and Normal running.

Self-Programmed.

Albin, in case you had not yet guessed, is a robot. He was created by an engineering genious and slight madman named Julian Amici. (Julian is a former, now retired, character of mine.) The ST gave Julian a mass amount of XP when I retired him. He gained a unique power that let him transfer a bit of Quantum Conciousness into a creation. He gave up a permanent Quantum point to give life to his latest "toy." Julian had been studying robotics and nano-technology and has the Engineering Prodigy enhancement. Indeed, the original Albin was his first true robot, he served as a butler and chauffeur for Mr. Amici. He has created and Infused Albin Mk. II as a way to continue to affect the world without having to interrupt his work. Julian gave Albin his own schematics and processor designs so that he could program and repair himself without reporting back to home base. Oh, you may have noticed that some of his powers are "Self-Programmed" this is his version of buying powers tainted. Systems that he programs himself are less optimal than the ones that Julian designed during his initial construction. These powers create a bit of a backlog in his systems and may someday cause some problems in his processor. Any abberations that Albin picks up will be mental ones, most physical abberations just don't fit. On another note Albin doesn't look at all human, he has a cylindrical head with one large lens "eye" on the front and a large antenna coming off the back. He has no skin, just exposed metal, there are no bolts, it's all more or less seamless. As for Albin's personality he is a bit cold and detached, but a pacifist. While he may resort to physical means, he never kills. He does have a bit of Julian in him, who was a more complete pacifist. Now I'm tired of typing, I've got a few other characters that I'd like to showcase sometime though. I would appreciate any feedback, I really like the concept and think he'll be fun to play.

Well, I didn't know exactly where to post this, but I figured this was prolly the best. I've been thinking about posting some NPCs for people to use. Some are my own and some are adapted from other games but tweaked to be less "four color".

If you all like this, idean then I'll covert some teams and such and maybe toss in a few of my own too.

[ 06-01-2002: Message edited by: Cin ]

Usually people either bring their tabletop character into the mix, which has good and bad points, or they sit down with 30 nova points and start making one.

When you're using a TT character the good side is they have a history and personality based on what you done in play. The bad side is that history doesn't necessarily translate here on the boards.

For instance; let's say you have the biggest Terat badass to walk the planet. Baselines wet themselves at the mention her name, interpol would arrest her except for the fact she'd destroy north america, and she offed Pax when he looked at her wrong. None of this is going to translate directly to the IC forums.

Making a character is cool, especially if this a standard 30 point nova starting campaign play in 2008. You'll meet up and interact with these cryptic and powerful novas that seem to have been around for years but also have the opportunity to use the forums themselves to work through character development. Instead of a small troupe you game with, your assumptions and goals will be challenged by dozens of people from very diverse backgrounds.

And once in a while you'll be able to talk smack to 'em. :P

Plus; as an extra added benefit Chosen has created a 'Nova.Net' section to the forums. Once he finds a moderator he trusts only 30 point novas will be allowed entry.

If you post your character to this thread or one like it, you'll get feedback from other forumites and you can go from there. The designs range anywhere from the basic, to the innovative, to the insanely over the top.

Ummm... that's pretty much it. Sit down with your sheet and start writing. And we'll all offer kudos for a well done job. And point out when you're twinking. wink

Cool. 30 Ponts sounds fair. If you guys allow the merits/flaws system in the APH (Aberrant Player's Handbook) then my TT Endeavor will fit right in. She only got 2 sessions before a Munchkin "Tag-Team" layed the smackdown on the GM. Lets just say the troupe got so polarized in so many directions, that the group fell apart. My character though was the favorite among the non-twinks. She used her head before resorting to having to light up someone's life. Our GM liked that sort of gaming, less fights, more headwork. Of course if things went over the player's heads completely, the character's stats came into play, but never were a crutch. My, that GM, she was a genius. Sorry she passed on. She was good.

Okay, I've got my character write up done! Tell me what ya think. I'm still writing up the background.

its at: http://tcfreenet.org/people/gherity/sakurako_hino.html

[ 06-06-2002: Message edited by: Endeavor Peaceforge ]

Ok, technically the weekend passed a while back. Been a busy week. Anyhow, here's a quick look at Alexander Nashoba aka Mr. Nashoba, formerly F.B.I. Special Agent Gavin Nashoba Wendell (ret.). He's a right sneaky bastard.

Nature: Survivor

Demeanor: Judge

Current Stats:

All Attributes: 5 (except Str: 4)

All Mega Attributes: 1

Qualities:

Strength: Wiry (as Gavin) / Athletic (as Nashoba)

Dexterity: Co-ordinated

Stamina: Tenacious

Perception: Observant

Intelligence: Logical

Wits: Unfazeable

Appearance: Imposing

Manipulation: Authoritative

Charisma: Cool

Major Abilities:

Drive 3

Firearms 3

Awareness 5

Investigation 4

Linguistics 3

Intimidation 3

Interrogation 3

Bureacracy 2

Streetwise 2

Subterfuge 3

Minor Abilities:

Athletics 1

Martial Arts 1

Academics 1

Intrusion 1

Science 1

Biz 1

Rapport 1

Command 1

Etiquette 1

Perform 1

Enhancements:

Adaptability, Hyperenhanced Hearing, Taint Resistance, Lie Detector, The Voice, Awe-Inspiring, Commanding Presence, Physical Prodigy, Quantum Leap, Persuader

Quantum: 3

Quantum pool: 22

Taint: 1

Powers:

Dominate 1

Mental Blast 1

Warp 1

Backgrounds:

Allies 4 (one ally - Military weapons subcontractor)

Backing 3 (Utopia)

Contacts 3 (3 major, 12 minor)

Cipher 4 (dedicated exclusively to maintaining seperate identities)

Resources 4 (was 5, but the Russian depression just hit - will go up again)

Node 3

Dormancy 4

Merits:

Speed Reading

Photographic Memory

Internal Compass

Quantum Regeneration (2)

Eufiber Attunement (2)

Flaws:

Obsession: Conspiracies

Flashbacks

Dependent/Ward

The tweaked version for the board:

Mega Int to 4

Meta Manipulation to 4

Mega Perception to 3

Mega Charisma to 2

Mega Wits to 3

Mega Appearance to 2

Add Enhancements:

Group Awareness, Mirroring, Almost Live, Natural Agitator, Resiliency X2, Overwhelming Question, Inspiration

Backgrounds:

Node to 4

Followers 3

Influence 3

Powers:

Warp to 3

Dominate to 4

Mental Blast to 4

Telepathy 1

Density Control: Increase: Extra - Extreme Density 2

Fly 1

Quantum: 4

Quantum Pool: 25

Taint: 2 (only accepts Taint for Quantum - also, in our game, the ST decreed that Taint Resistance does not mask taint from node, but eliminates it on a point-by-point basis)

The Character:

Gavin Nashoba Wendell (Gavin - Gaelic: Hawk; Nashoba - Cherokee: Wolf; Wendell - German: Wanderer)

Take the Cancer Man from X-Files and put him in Duchovny's role and you have the basic concept of Gavin. He's 55, pushing along to retirement, worn down and ground under by crushing bureacracy and his obsession with conspiracies (which is not undeserved). The conspiracies he searches and ferrets out aren't UFO or supernatural, but corporate, political, social, and just plain nasty. At the age of 25, Gavin was a young and enthusiastic agent. He was assigned to the case of a missing teen-age girl. Although the crime was never solved, Gavin persevered and recovered the girl, much to the surprise of the Agency and the relief of her family. Her brother, Aaron Holtzman, heir to an arms empire fortune, quickly grew to be a fast and lifelong friend of Gavin. Driven by mutual frustration over the resolution of the investigation, Aaron would oftentimes fund or covertly help Gavin in his investigations, both Agency and personal. Enter 'Nam. There is a murder at the Embassy in Saigon and the FBI is called on to investigate. Gavin's superior, Murphy, sends Gavin to go check it out. Gavin begins his investigation in Saigon, but the trail of evidence leads to a small village north of the city. Unfortunately, it's a trap. Gavin is shot, brutalized, and then -proving anyone can make mistakes- lost. Confusing or ignoring their orders, Gavin is taken away and spends the next two years in the Hanoi Hilton. During that time, Gavin makes the logical and correct assumption that Murphy sent him out to die. Gavin was getting too close to a plot run by a multinational corporation and the opportunity in Saigon was too good to ignore. Gavin is eventually released and makes his way back to the states. Unfortunately his captivity has taken a toll: in confined spaces he has terrible flashbacks, and his previous dedication to hunting down secrets has turned into a full-blown obsession. When he returns to the states, he uses what little information he is sure of to make Murphy's life a living hell. Murphy eventually retires. A week later, Murphy is found in his vacation home, shot six times in the back. The weapon, an unregistered .357 magnum, is left at the scene. There is no other evidence. Gavin is the prime suspect, but an alibi and evidence arranged by him and Aaron Holtzmann beforehand clears his name. Flash forward to 1998.

(Game Begins)

Gavin is old, cynical, and waiting to die. He lives off of choclate and coffee (yes, that's a trait I stole from _Split Second_). He is assigned to a prison breakout that looks impossible. He is also assigned two assistants: a former military sniper turned FBI investigator and a Vice agent who may have contact with prisoner networks. The three begin their investigation and find out that the prisoner (a brutal and psychotic Neo-Nazi) had inside help. Upon further investigation, the prisoner may be tied to the one conspiracy that Gavin never broke. Eventually the team tracks down the prisoner and there is a hostage situation and the convict is killed. Intrestingly enough, the body doesn't possess any of the convict's tattoos and is creamated before an autopsy can be performed.

The team performed so well that they are assigned together on a semi-permanent basis. They next investigate the disappearance of a doctor who was working on chemical weapons defenses.

Finally, there is a situation where Gavin's grand-daughter is kidnapped (he is divorced, and his ex-wife and kids hate him, but his granddaughter is a friend - she was his ward at this point, but we changed it later on as she was too tough to work into the story). The kid has been kidnapped by the convict who is (big surprise!) still alive. The Galatea explodes during this time. The crew rescues the girl and manages to shoot the convict in the head. However, he gets back up after a few seconds, as shocked and amazed as the players, and throws the Vice agent over a warehouse before running away.

Later, reports of strange events are occuring. Gavin & team are assigned to protect CDC agents who are investigating the phenomena of people with "strange powers" appearing. During one investigation, the family of the new nova is killed and the nova disappears. Gavin answers the phone at the family's apartment, cursing himself for not being smart enough or tough enough or nasty enough to have seen this coming. The phone is the nova-convict, taunting Gavin. He makes Gavin so incredibly angry he erupts.

Later on Gavin's team members also erupt. Gavin chooses to keep his eruption secret, whereas the other two have no real choice.

Aeon forms Utopia and Gavin/Nashoba's conspiracy obsession kicks in over the speed at which Utopia was established. The characters start hanging around Utopia and are eventually offered jobs. Nashoba agrees and convinces the others to join. This way they have an inside track at investiating Utopia and a multi-million dollar paycheck to go with it. They were present at the announcement of Utopia and they are NOT on T2M, but rather form an investigative squad.

Since then, they have investigated a nova-run religious cult (and put an end to it) and had several clashes with the convict-nova (who moved his supremacy feelings from white to nova - a sort of proto-Terragen). At this point, they hve successfully dismantled the convict's financial support and destroyed the conspiracy that haunted Gavin, as well as set up a trap for the convict that forced him into a fight w/Pax (where the convict lost his head - blown off - but his followers rescued him and he is still alive at this point via a second brain).

Gavin has spent his time working as a security consultant (anti-nova security) for Holtzmann Industries and they hired lobbyists to try to get Congress to fund research into anti-nova weaponry. Nashoba finally got enough information to make a logical conclusion and knocked on the door of the Aeon mansion. By perusing public Aeon records and newspapers, he has come to the conclusion that low-level novas existed in the past (or at least the early part of the 20th century) and they were part of the normal human evolutionary process. He has also come to the conclusion that the Galatea did not cause novas, but something on board interfered with the evolutionary process. Since quantum has been posited at this point, and the radiation could not have done this, Nashoba believes that there was a quantum explosion somewhere that bathed the planet in quantum radiation at lightspeed, which is why so many novas appeared so quickly after the explosion. He does not know if it was deliberate ar accidental, or if the Galatea was even involved or if it was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time and got caught in a shockwave or something similar. It remains to be seen how correct his conclusions are. Also, he has just realized that all the data he has collected could be used to conclude that Aeon is in a decades-long plan to achieve world domination (via Utopia). He likes the people he has met at Aeon and does not believe this of them, but the data _could_ be used to support that accusation. He is quite sure that others are capable of coming to this realization and is keeping his mouth firmly shut about Aeon and his conclusions (which he did share with Aeon before he realized he had just stepped into the lion's den).

About Gavin/Nashoba:

He's devious and paranoid. That's why he is maintaining two seperate identities. With Warp and lacking the need to sleep, he can be seen many places at once in either guise (as long as he changes clothes: Gavin is 5'9" and Nashoba is 6'10"). Gavin works as a consultant and was recently attacked by a nova who was close to him and Nashoba and upset that Gavin was pushing for anti-nova weapons. Gavin is also faking a MPD to those that DO know he is a nova (his allies). In order to better conceal his identity, he is acting like Nashoba and Gavin are two different people and speaks of them as seperate. It has confused the hell out of his friends, but it keeps them from having a conversation with Gavin about something that only Nashoba would know. Lately Nashoba has been playing with Warp a lot (loving it) and is using a moon-rock for a paperweight.

Future plans:

Right now he is cautious but sated. His goals have been fulfilled: he crushed the conspiracy, defeated his enemy, and knows where novas came from. For the first time in his life, he now has the ability to act rather than react. He has found that he likes power, likes being the center of attention, and feels safest when everyone around him will follow his orders. Oddly enough, although he works for Utopia, he has no need for money, food, shelter, rest, etc . . . and although he would disagree with the Terragen, he will wind up living their philosophy, as he really answers to nobody but himself and has no shared needs or wants with baselines (beyond companionship). In another laugh, the ST pointed out that the way he's going, it might be possible for Nashoba & co to be recruited by Proteus in the future (they've done dirty work for Utopia already) and Gavin to be recruited by the Directive. Gavin/Nashoba has decided to play the influence game, and see how powerful he can become socially and financially. For relaxation, he tries to see how far Warp will take him (he's made Mars so far). I expect to buy off the Obsession as soon as we kill the convict, and since he plays dirty, we'll see if he becomes more or less cynical.

What do you think?

A couple of things I forgot admist all that:

1.) He probably won't stay with Utopia. He feels that their reliance on an image of infallibility will harm them in the future. Better to fail in little ways now than in big ways later when the fall will be harder. The PR flacks tend to disagree with him. He also doesn't like following anyone's orders anymore.

2.) He is the partial owner of a nightclub in New York (where he has lived his whole life). He bought it as a nova and encourages nova business as well as baselines. Mingling is encouraged, and he has designated the club as "neutral territory" for any novas that are in conflict. Any nova may attend, but no fighting will be tolerated. There are three floors to the club, and the top floor has a "nova-only" night once a month.

3.)He and the sniper/investigator have formed a web of shell companies and investments to bolster their resources for the time they eventually leave Utopia. By the time he quits/is kicked out the companies will be making enough money to keep his resources high.

4.)He was the first nova captured on video killing someone. (MAJOR PR gaffe). The press had fallen in love with novas at his point and were all over the NY Utopia facility day and night. Leaving the Utopia facilities one night with the gang to go to the club, the sniper was hit twice in the chest by two high-velocity rounds (being a tank, he barely noticed). Nashoba, spotting the sniper (and having JUST bought Mega STR) did a "Crouching Tiger"-style flying punch that knocked the sniper off his perch in the tree. And over the wall. Where he has hit by a car. eek

Though is was accidental, it was problematic. Utopia spun the event masterfully, and the press believed that Nashoba acted heroically to stop the sniper from killing anyone (true, but not QUITE true). Analysis of press tapes showed the sniper had fired and Nashoba was validated in the press, to say nothing of the courts. However, to this day, Nashoba considers that moment to be his worst mistake ever. Even though he spent two weeks "grounded" in the Utopia facility doing make-work and going to "special" classes for control, that merely was the expression of Utopia's displeasure. Although he acted to keep his compaion from blowing away the sniper (and the tree) with his massive Quantum Bolt, the result was mostly the same. He takes that moment personally and cringes when someone brings it up.

5.) He has never used any power besides Warp publicly. He hid/hides Dominate and Mental blast even from Utopia. He doesn't mind being known as a manipulator, but he doesn't want anyone knowing just how far he can go.

Ok, I left a LOT out, but I think that's enough for the board. wink

Quote:
Originally posted by Endeavor Peaceforge:
Sorry for the constant edits. I was trying to get the blasted file to work. Enjoy! You can also see my stats in my user profile. Just click on the link.

Hey! Nice HTML CharSheet. I should show you mine. Have a look!:
http://kirby1024.tripod.com/rpgaming/photon.html

That's also one of my characters I play on the Opnet Board. Enjoy!

Here's another of those characters I wanted to submit for your approval.

Birth Name: ?

Nova Name: Paragon/Whisper

Eruption: ?

Allegiance: Utopia?

Attributes: Strength 1, Dexterity 4, Stamina 4, Perception 4, Intelligence 2, Wits 2, Appearance 4, Manipulation 4, Charisma 2.

Mega-Attribues:

Appearance 1 (Face of Terror) (Tainted)

Stamina 1 (Resiliency I, Resiliency II)

Charisma 1 (Dreadful Mien)

Abilities: Athletics 4, Martial Arts 2, Stealth 4, Endurance 3, Resistance 3, Awareness 3, Intrusion 2, Linguistics 5 (Latin, English, French, Italian, Spanish), Survival 3, Rapport 5, Style 2, Streetwise 4, Subterfuge 5, Etiquette 2

Backgrounds:

Cipher 5

Backing: Utopia 3

Node 3

Mentor: Dr. Dunlop (Parapsych) 2

Quantum: 3

Quantum Pool: 26

Willpower: 3

Taint: 5

Quantum Powers:

Flight: 1 (Angelic Wings)

Telepathy: 1 (Tainted)

Hyperflight: 1

Bioluminescence: 2

Armor: 1 (Tainted)

Claws: 2 (Tainted)

Psychic Link: 1 (Suppressed, unknown to character, 7000 km range)

Abberations:

Unearthly Beauty

Neuter

Odd Skin Color: Stark White

Hairless

Random Activation's: Face of Terror and Claws

History: Whisper was a terrible, violent criminal, a Nova terrorist. With his partner, the twisted woman, "Jenosyde," many baselines and more than a few Nova defenders met their end. Their bouts of seemingly random destruction were never foreseen even by the best of precogs, the duo always seemed to escape before a concerted defense could be brought against them. One day however, one of Utopias psychics found an area of space and time that they simply could not see. After hearing about the poor reception that psychics had had when concentrating on Whisper and Jenosyde, the erstwhile psychic decided this would be the next place the two super-criminals would strike. When Whisper and Jenosyde arrived to destroy their quarry and anything else in their way, they also found a sizable T2M detachment. A lengthy battle ensued, Jenosyde firing expanding bolts of inky darkness (Explosive Q-Bolts) into the crowd of Novas, Whisper using advanced technology in concert with her psychic abilities to deter attackers. The Utopian defenders had orders to take Whisper alive and relatively undamaged, while reducing Jenosyde to her component atoms. They nearly succeeded on both accounts. Whisper was quickly overcome with various incapacitating attacks (Immobilize, Stun Attack, Strobe, Mental Blast and the like) and was taken alive and well, Teleported back to Utopia HQ. Jenosyde left behind her right arm, still pulsing with quantum energy. But as she fell to the ground, mortally wounded she disappeared into an invisible gateway and hasn't been heard from since. Utopian propaganda reports that the shadow woman couldn't have survived her wounds, and is now dead.

Meanwhile, back at the regional Utopia HQ... Whisper is tied to an examination table, constantly sedated. He is constantly being barraged by telepathic probes as well as more mundane questioning. Unfortunately the Utopians found psychic blocks at every turn, as well as complete amnesia before the time that he fell in with Jenosyde and began their reign of terror. The psychics managed to sever one of these mental blocks, plunging Whisper into constant physical and mental anguish. Utopia divined that the block they shattered had been a psychic link. Utopian officials called in Dr. Dunlop, a high-ranking parapsychologist and put him in charge of Whisper's "rehabilitation." Through the use of a pair of Nova psi-healers and Dr. Dunlop's more mundane methods, they managed to remove a few of the mental blocks, specifically the ones that caused the pain. Now that Whisper is capable of meaningful communication, Dr. Dunlop finds, through hypnosis mainly, that Whisper had been controlled through pain. When Whisper did what her Controller wanted, he felt great pleasure, however, when The Controller was unhappy (and apparently when the link was severed by Utopian psychics) unbearable pain filled his being. Whispers identity has been carefully withheld, even from Whisper himself, apparently by this Controller that so completely blocked his memory. The identity of The Controller has never been foreclosed, it appears that Whisper only ever talked to The Controller in person. As such he has no image, or even a voice to go off of in an attempt to I.D. The Controller.

After several months of intense psychotherapy Whisper has purged himself of the prior influence of The Controller. And has become the poster-child of Utopia, a reformed super-criminal. He changed his name to Paragon in a hope to escape his former, less than great, reputation. Most of the Novas he works with in Utopia treat him with little respect, and even less trust. He has done whatever Utopia asked of him, after all they are his saviors. He continues to see Dr. Dunlop once a week, reporting on his psychological well-being. Lately he has been getting a tingling sensation in the back of his head every now and then, he fears that something may be going on with his prior psychic connections. Also, he fears to report these feelings with Dr. Dunlop, that he may lose some of his standing within Project Utopia. This is where we leave the character at the moment. Mostly because I don't feel like writing about who The Controller really is, and what his aims are.

A bit about Paragon: Paragon is very quiet and withdrawn, talking to few unless spoken to himself. Dr. Dunlop is the only person he can really talk to with any regularity. As for his powers and aberrations... His appearance is that of an angel, he has white and gold, feathered wings coming off the back of his completely white body. Paragon never wears clothes, save his armor, which appears as a polished silver breastplate with the Utopian sigil on the chest, this is a replacement for the downfacing sword that was on both his and Jenosyde's armor. His nudity is not a problem however, as he has no sexual organs. His body appears male for the most part, the only vaguely feminine features are on his face, slightly higher cheekbones and the like. He has no hair on his body, facial, body, or on top of his head. (is there a term for that hair?) Despite all this both sexes tend to find him very attractive. Often he activates Bioluminescence to elevate his "Blessed" appearance. Whenever anyone calls him Whisper, or otherwise seriously offends him his Face of Terror and/or Claws powers involuntarily activate. The sudden fear the offending party feels will undoubtedly be heightened when they witness his fingers elongate and sharpen into the deadly implements they are.

Meh, that's enough typing, basically the character represents duality. The character has lost the mind control of The Controller, and traded it for the mind control of Utopia.

Already have. ^_^

Was a b**ch trying to get the sucker submitted using a text browser and a 20 minute time limit. But I did it! I think he'd do a better job of artwork than I have. -_-;

Getting my stuff on the 'net was tough as nails too.

By the way, I thought you guys would tell me if my character was "munchy" or not. She's designed on 30 Nova Points. Used a little bit to boost attributes and abilities. Otherwise, the NPoints have been invested in powers and mega atts.

[ 06-12-2002: Message edited by: Endeavor ]

I guess I should post something about myself here, since I'm I guess active like most of you are.

Name: Violette D'Aronique (code name V)

Violette erupted on the day of her high school graduation. She had been living with a foster family after the State of Louisana took custody of her when investigations revealed her father had been abusing her. He had spent several years tracking her down, and confronted her after the ceremony was over. The shock of meeting him brought all the horrors of her childhood back to the surface, and she went boom. Literally. A massive surge of electrical energy not only fried her father instantly, but also her best friend, who had been standing next to her. The Utopian intervention teams arrived soon after only to find her sobbing uncontrollably at the scene of her eruption. She hadn't moved from there and nobody was willing to approach her.

The counselors at Utopia convinced Violette that the best way she could deal with her grief was to help others, and after some inquiries, she was accepted into the T2M recruiting program. She completed the program was assigned to the Americas Auxillary, though she has stood in on the main team on occassion when a member goes on personal leave or hiatus.

Nonetheless, she's 18 years old, and at heart, wants to be an 18 year old and do 18 year old things. But, in her brief stint with T2M, she's seen some nasty things, has had to bloody her hands (though she has yet to take a life in the line of duty), and has had everyone in Utopia cramming the ideas of duty and responsibility down her throat. Make no mistake, she wants to help people. But it's a large responsiblity for an 18 year old to live up to, especially when she never intended to take this path in life before her eruption. It's beginning to take its toll on her, and someone perceptive enough could probably see it through the helpful, and cheerful, demeanour she presents to the world. (of course, RPing here is changing her too!)

Physically, she is nearing nineteen. She did have blonde hair before she become part of T2M, but now she dyed it violet, and she keeps two streaks of it blonde still. One on either side of her head, halfway between her forehead and ears. Her eyes are blue naturally, and she doesn't wear colored contacts or anything. She's about 5'7" in height. Physically, she is only of average strength, and has excellent agility and flexibility.

Off duty, because her T2M salary allows her to afford a good wardrobe, she dresses very well in expensive pantsuits or casual wear (the stuff we girls drool over in things like J.Jill catalogs but can't really afford ourselves). She feels it's best to appear respectable even out of uniform, since she's likely to be recognized. If she's just by herself, at home, or among friends though, she's just a normal teenager, and can be seen in demin jeans or shorts, and t-shirts reflecting her favorite musicians.

Her T2M EuFiber outfit is similar to Splash's. Cut so she has very short sleeves and reveals her navel. Her legs are entirely covered. She wears violet finger-less gloves on both hands. Same color violet on her leggings, with a thin white stripe going down the side of either leg. Her top is mostly violet, but there's a big white "V" on the front of it, beginning at her shoulders and ending at the end of the fabric by her belly. She wears her T2M insignia on her left sleeve, just below the shoulder. Very low cut boots, practically shoes. She insisted that she be able to run effectively in them, so they're flexible and without a heel. They are the same color white as her stripes and "V." If it's cold, she also has a jacket she will wear over the top, but that's solid violet. Oh yeah, I should state that V came into the story long before there was a "Teen Tomorrow," so by the time that becomes part of the world, she'll be in her twenties.

Power wise, this is a description of the majority of her stuff: mostly, her abilities revolve around bio-electrical impulses. She's sensitive to the bio-electrical signals of other people's brain synapes both on an individual level (Telepathy) and on a collective unconscious level (ESP). She's been practicing on her own, has developed a tiny ability to "backlash" these impulses back (Mental Blast). She's also able to draw bio-electrical energy out of the bacteria in the air and nearby life-forms to form a crude buffer of protection (Psychic Shield, Forcefield, Re-direct). Violette has only revealed the force-field and Re-direct to Utopia, and they have discovered the Psychic Shield on their own. She has not revealed the greater portion of her mental capacity. What Utopia did discover during her intial stay in a Rashoud facility was Violette had the ability to change her form into electricity (Bodymorph), or restructure her appearance by altering her cells at the bio-electrical level (Shapeshift). Her mind, constantly influxing with these impulses at a much higher level than most, retains information at a much greater capacity than most people (Eidetic Memory).

Well, that's me. Hope everyone likes her.

[ 06-16-2002: Message edited by: Violette 'V' D'Aronique ]

I thought perhaps you'd be interested in the specifics of the newest voice on the forums.

--

Birth Name: Barbara Katharine Winslow

Legal Name: Babylon (changed while undergoing training at the Rashoud Facility)

Nova Name: Babylon (Smith when a last name is required)

Concept: Mystery; remember the girl your mother warned you about? She's here!

Nature: Explorer/Thrillseeker

Allegiance: T2M: Europe

Place of Eruption: Chicago, Illinois, U.S.A.

Security Clearance: GAMMA

Attributes

STR 3, DEX 5 (Fast), STA 4 (Tenacious)

PER 2, INT 3, WIT 3

APP 4 (Eye catching), MAN 3, CHA 3

Abilities

Academics 3, Athletics 4 (gifted), Awareness 3, Biz 2, Command 5 (decisive), Computer 2, Endurance 3, Engineering 3, Etiquette 3, Intimidation 5, Intrusion 3, Martial Arts 4, Navigation 3, Rapport 2, Resistance 4, Stealth 3, Style 3.

Backgrounds

Allies(*) 2

Attunement 5

Backing (*) 2

Eufiber (*) 5

Influence (*) 1

Node 2

Resources (*) 3

(*) Denotes backgrounds augmented by, obtained or derived from her position with T2M: Europe.

Taint: 2

Powers

Mega Strength 1 (Quantum Leap), Mega Dexterity 2 (Enhanced Movement, Fast Tasks), Mega Stamina 1 (Regeneration), Mega Perception 2 (Electro-magnetic vision), Mega Intelligence 2 (Linguistic Genius, Prodigy-Engineering), Mega Wits 2 (Quickness x2), Mega Charisma 1 (Seductive), Absorption 4: Energy converted to Stamina, Armor 3, Claws 2, Flight 3, Hypermovement.

Flaws and Merits

Sexy (+1pt)

Amnesia (-3pt)

Background:

On a cold rainy day in Chicago a gasoline tanker truck, still legal to operate on the interstates in the United States, was sideswiped while changing lanes by a sports car traveling far too fast for the weather conditions. The tanker truck went into a skid then toppled over with sickening slowness onto two cars while fouling the lanes to the rear. Within seconds twenty more cars unable to brake in time on the slick pavement added to the accident while causing the tanker truck to rupture and spill its volatile cargo onto the road.

Extracts from local news:

Reconstruction of the eye witness accounts indicate that someone, a nova obviously, dressed in civilian attire and moving almost faster than the eye could follow arrived on scene at that point. Described by many as 'striking', she first assisted the driver of the tanker truck then those trapped closest to it. With each vehicle she ripped car doors off their hinges or slashed through metal with her barehands to free the passengers then inquired whether they were able to move or required assistance. Those that could ran to the roadside to await assistance while those that could not were carried by to safety by the nova.

As the gasoline began to smoke even in the drizzling rain several victims offered bravely to assist but were ordered, with a smile, to stay out of her way. Here and there, flashes of light erupted from sparking electical systems damaged in the accident and gasoline fires momentarily ignited then died in the rain. One victim was quoted afterwards saying;

"We all knew what was going to happen. We knew but none of us... Deep down none of us wanted to be doing what she was doing. Everytime she disappeared into that pile of metal and smoke we held our breath and waited. Even the people that were hurting, some of them pretty messed up, just stared into the wreakage until we could see her moving towards us with a couple more folks. Suddenly there she was laying someone else on the ground soft like they might break then she was gone again and we were holding our breath again. She was fast... lightning fast... but we knew what she was racing and none of us envied her."

Said another;

"And then there was this big ol' thump noise, the way thunder sounds after that first crack of lightning, and the whole thing lit up bright as day. She'd said there was one more in the pile, god knows how she knew but she did, and she was gonna get 'em. Somebody tried to tell her it was too late... You could see the sparkin' and the smoke was just hangin' off the whole thing... but she kind a... I dunno... smiled. Like it was no big deal. Like she was tellin' him thanks but ta let her do her job ya know? She was in there when it blew. Blinded us with the light and the heat.... that knocked straight to the ground even from a hundred feet away."

Only one person gave a clear account of the final events;

"I wasn't looking, you know? My girlfriend got banged up pretty bad and she was freaking so I was looking at her when the explosion came. First a flash of light and the boom, then this blast of heat. I had my shades on trying to keep the rain out of my eyes so maybe that helped... Anyway, I turned to look and you know we were all thinking the same thing; this sucks! Here this babe gets us all out of there and then she gets toasted. Man, I never even got to say thanks. Everybody's kind of whispering you know? Somebody was saying a prayer to god and this old guy was talking about it not being right, and that's when I saw it."

"It was like there was... man it was freaky but it was like the fire just rolled back on itself. That's the only way I can describe it. And in the middle of where it was rolling back and twisting around on itself here comes this chick holding onto somebody. And they were both glowing like they were as hot as the fire! When their feet touched the road just hissed and you see these puffs of steam coming up. She didn't bring the last one to us... maybe she thought we'd be freaked out if she got too close or maybe the grass would have caught on fire. I don't know, man. But she looked whipped! It must have hurt going through that! I mean hell, novas are people too. They got their limits. She didn't stick around long enough for us to even say thank you. She just kind of smiled at us, like she was saying. "it's cool". Then she spread her arms and lifted up into the air."

"Say what you want. Those (censored) Michaelites can just suck my (censored) 'cuz that lady saved our asses. There's no way all of those people would have got out of there in time without her help. And she was fine too. If you gotta be rescued she beats that bald redneck."

All passengers involved in the accident have been accounted for leaving the question; who was this nova?

Extract from CPD report:

A red Ferrairi was found abandoned approximately a quarter mile from the site of the accident. Reported stolen the following morning, the subsequent investigation has corroborated the owners whereabouts at the time of the accident. Evidence linking the vehicle to the accident is inconclusive.

To: Justin Laragione, Director Project Utopia

Re: Jane Doe

I'd like to know how you can justify awarding a GAMMA level clearance to someone that doesn't have a completed background investigation? Security linked her to that crash in Chicago, which coupled with that story of not remembering anything prior to her eruption is fishy. And why did she check in with the facility in France instead of the U.S.?

To: Caestus Pax, Director T2M-C

Re: Jane Doe

Her name is Babylon. Or Babylon Smith if you'd prefer. To answer your questions both implied and inferred;

1. Her background investigation is completed. It came up clean, as did the prints from that car. Yes, she was the nova reported rescuing those people so she was 'linked' to the crash. We've established who she was prior to her eruption and there is nothing in her background which would classify her as a security risk.

2. Post eruption amnesia, while not common has been documented sufficiently as to not be classified as 'fishy'.

3. Her psyche profile is extremely stable, the third highest we've recorded this year and that's well above the averages recorded over the last five. She is sufficiently stable that her loss of memory doesn't bother her. For all intents and purposes Barbara Winslow was somebody else.

4. One of the first questions asked when we figured out who she was. She said she wanted to see the sunrise over the Eiffel Tower.

I'm forwarding Leland's evaluation to you for review and inclusion in her personnel record. His telepathic probe verifies her loss of memory, and the stability of her personality. Yes, there is some discrepancies in her memories of eruption but that is consistent with post eruption amnesia.

Pax, I understand your caution. Now understand this; she wants to be part of the dream and isn't the type to do it from a desk. We tried to sell her on it without success. Either we put her to work in a place where, let's be honest, we need her or we risk losing her. She young, exuberrent and daring. Reminds me a lot of somebody else back when we were putting Utopia together.

It was also my understanding that your standard practice was to pair new members with established members. This should address all of your concerns should it not?

Babylon has her dream job. Accolades, good money, decent people to work with, fans and the opportunity to make a difference in the world. Plus, every once in a while she gets to kick the crap out of someone that seriously needs a beat down. What more could you ask for? It would be a mistake to say that certain officials are concerned by what Babylon does. Rarely at a loss, never one to hesitate, photogenic, she lives for the moment and is ordinately popular for her relatively new position, which is a defender of the dream for a brighter tomorrow.

Her definition of fun does concern some though.

Quote (smiling): "I'd be more curious about who has the pin if I were you."

• 2 weeks later...

I've only played this character in 3 or 4 sessions so far so his stats haven't been raised much. He started as a 75-point nova in a game that's main emphasis is solving the world's puzzles and mysteries, like Planetary.

Birth Name: Unknown

Nova Name: Loki

Eruption: Immediate defense brought about by immediate danger

Allegiance: The Directive

Nature: Jester

Attributes: all at 5

Abilities: (this is the fun part!!)

brawl 2,might 1,athletics 5,drive 3,firearms 2,legedermain 3,martial arts 3,melee 3,pilot 3,stealth 5,endurance 3,resistance 3,awareness 5,investigation 5,academics 3,bureaucracy 1,computer 3,engineering 3,intrusion 3,linguistics 5,medecine 3,science 3,survival 1,art 4,biz 1,rapport 5,imtimidation 1,style 4,interrogation 3,streetwise 1,subterfuge 3,hypnosis 1,command 1,etiquette 3,perform 3

Mega-Atts: M.Sta 1(Regneration, Adaptability), M.Int 1(Linguistic Genius), M.Wits 1(Lie Detector), M.App 1(Copycat), M.Man 4(Trickster), M.Cha 1(Dreadful Mien

Advantages: Willpower 6, Quantum 6, Taint 3, Quantum Pool: 32

Soak 6(+ F.F.)/3(+ F.F.)

Backgrounds: Node 2, Backing 1(Directive), Atunement 3, Cipher 5

Q.Powers: Domination 1, F.F. 1, Psychic Sheild 5

History:

I won't bore you with details of his eruption as they are somewhat long and not the most interesting thing about his existence. Loki was not born of this universe. No, instead he was born in different universe altogether. Novas were still common there but no one was really that powerful except for Pedro Santiago and a few others. The powerhouses like Pax, Mal, never erupted. Loki erupted in this universe with the simple q.power of domination. At the instance of his eruption he came across a Jenny Slider of the Slider Corps who was chacing...Rogue Jenny Slider. I had by accident detained her for several moments by use of domination befor being knocked unconcious which shut off my power. The Rogue JS escaped leaving me and the other Jenny, sho waited for me to come to. She told me about what was happening and that she could use me in capture of this Rogue JS. It tuned out she was going through the multiverse killing every version Pedro Santigo she could for the Maxwell Mercer of original universe. He wanted to be the only Time Travler so he put a hit out on all the Pedro Santiagos since in his universe he gained the ability to time travel. This Jenny Slider (the good one) was assigned to track the Rogue. She had an ability to sense the Rogue's position in the multiverse, so she could pursue the Rogue. Anyway Jenny Slider and Loki (she also was able to take people with her to other universe) traveled the multiverse trying to capture the Rogue and trying to save the Pedro's. (This is how Loki developed such extensive abilities...traveling to some 527 different universes one learns a few things)

On one trip we found ourselves in a Backwater universe in which the entire planet's surface was covered with Quantum Contructed beings and all the living things that should have been there were gone. There was a small group of baseline humans living undergorund who told me and SLider (and someone else we picked up along the way) of the ruler of the planet who lived on the moon and called himself the Pontifax. Well we ended up killing him but not before our Jenny died and left us stranded. This was until the Rogue, in an act of utter contempt moved me and my companion over to the universe in which Loki currently resides. She took us there (and our space craft) and then left. My partner, Kenneth Proctor, (think Neo from the matrix meets Yu Law from the one an you got it) is a temporal manipulator. Anyhow, we crash land in the ocean in a busted space craft left over from the Quantum Constructed world and raise the eyebrow of the directive since there is a completely alien ship floating in the Atlantic ocean. The directive ens up finding us due to The Huntres, a nova with investigative prodigy and some nasty mega atts. They tell us to join or die in not so many words so we do. Our team is now comprised of The Huntress (team Leader) who represents the Brains, Kenneth Proctor represents the muscle, and Loki who represents the Face of the team. Loki is the guy used when subtle manipulation is required or when anything undercover comes up. He's also the goto guy for anything no one else knows how to do. He speaks every language there is fluently and even with some bit of study has demonstrated an ability to decipher alien languages.

One of the main strengths of this character is that his background of Universe hopping has let him see many things alien to his current universe thus allowing him to understand alien artifacts.

Q.Powers:Birth Name:Noava Name:EruptionAllegiance:Nature:Attributes:AbilitiesMega-Atts:Advantages:SoakHistory:Backgrounds:

Loki, you little toad! I like how Proctor is just some guy that tagged along for you. A watchful observer. Well, you know what, next time some monstrosity wants to use your spine for a toothpick -- Proctor will observe. Just want to make you truthful. Yeah, just call him Batman again.

Okay folks, since Loki has told you his story about our little triad (as embelished as it is) I'll tell you mine. Thank God the Huntress doesn't care enough to post.

Kenneth Proctor lived in a universe where there were only 150 novas by 2001. The world was fantically religious and named the superhumans demons. They were viewed as second class citizens, damned monsters put to work for mankind. Proctor erupted while at gunpoint (enter Down With The Sickness here). He quickly became a combat elite and specialized in gurilla warfare. His bodycounts were remarkably low and collateral damage was minimum. However, a bullet meant for Proctor ripped through a little girl in a village. After that, Proctor became a city defender looking for redemption. That is how Proctor met Loki, the toad. He uses solid rubber balls to knock out baselines. His athletics ability and strength make them rubber bullets. He has two discs that are essentialy boomarangs. This has led to Loki calling Proctor Batman, or daredevil, and a load of other crap.

Loki pretty much spelled out what happened then, but keep in mind Proctor had a lot more to do with it than he implied. Since meeting Loki, Proctor has fought rouge Jenny Sliders, quantum constructed dinosaurs, nova overlords, real dinosaurs and living islands. The last bit was really fun!

Here are his stats:

Name: Kenneth Proctor

Nova Name: The Watchman

Nature: Paragon

Quantum: 5

Willpower: 6

Taint: 3

Strength 5/Dexterity 5/Stamina 5/Perception 5/Intelligence 5/Wits 5/Appearance 4/Manipulation 4/Charisma 4

might 5/athletics 5/drive 1/firearms 5/martial arts 5/melee 5/pilot 5/stealth 5/endurance 5/resistance 5/awareness 5/investigation 5/ academics 2/bureaucracy 2/computer 4/engineering 1/intrusion 3/biz 2/rapport 2/tactics 5/intimidation 3/streetwise 2/command 3

Node 2/Dormancy 2/Cipher 5 (another dimension)/Backing 1(Directive/Resources 3

Mega-Strength 2(Quantum Leap)/Mega-Dexterity 5(Physical Prodigy)/Mega-Stamina 3(Resiliency, Adaptability)/Mega-Perception 1(Ultraperipheral Perception)/Mega-Intelligence 1(Analyze Weakness, Tactical Prodigy)/Mega-Wits 3(Quickness)

Temporal Manipulation 3(Age Alteration, Accelerate Time, Stop Time)/Body Modifications (extra bruised level, adhesive grip)/psychic shield 3/intution 1

Here we go. Standard 30 point character. Easy to build and fun to play. He is currently at PU's New York training center & just erupted a few weeks ago.

David Smith (Greenstone? Dr Troll? (still looking for a name))

Q (4)

Taint (3)

Willpower (7)

Experience: 5/0

Soak: 14/9 // (average) 36/31

Attributes

5 Str 4 Per 3 App

5 Dex 5 Int 3 Man

5 Sta 3 Wit 3 Chr

Mega-Attributes (Human)

+4 Mega-Stamina (Health; Regen)

+1 Mega-Int (Find Weakness)

Mega-Attributes (Body morphed)

+5 Mega-Str (None)

+5 Mega-Stamina (Health; Regen)

+1 Mega-Int (Find Weakness)

Powers

+3 Body morph

:1: Density Increase (use APCG version)

:2: Growth

:3: FF (average 18/18) (Defined as shape change assisted healing)

Note: Cost to use is 3q not 2q, always use DI with +1 q.

Background

+5 Eufiber (vampiric)

+2 Node

+3 Unspent

Q Flaws

-1 Q-Flaw (BM Form only: Big Muscles)

-1 Q-Flaw (BM Form only: Green Skin)

-3 Accidental Change (Emotional Stress/Pain)

-2 Addicted to powers

-1 Multiple Natures (Analyst & Bravo) (a much weaker form of MP)

Archived