Aberrant RPG - Powers of the Gods in 5 easy steps

Sorry about the hostility, everybody. Especially to you bobMaster. I am just fed up with a certain someone who happens to be one of the first st I've played under. It not just the fact that he is a terrible st but a terrible st. You see he is the quy who preachs to players about not always making their characters combat orriented, and yet each of his characters is assembled in the way of making them godlike from the start. Not only in abberant but in games like Exalted (artifacts), and Highlander (2000+ age at start). He says he hates and despises zealot characters, yet his abberant character that he plays the most and likes the most started out with mega strength 5. WHAT THE HELL IS A CHARACTER GOING TO DO WITH MEGA STRENGTH OF 5!!!!!! Maybe its just that i started playing with the group after about 2 or so years after they had started playing abberant and each of the characters had a sum of 1000+ experience on their hands. Anyway just thought I'd get this off my chest. (*sigh*)

There is no true happiness before true sadness. frownsmile

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am sorry you have had to go through this, Q-10.

Are all his games combat-oriented? If so, then it is much more a question of engineering than role-playing. I have seen a lot of this in Champions.

Are all his NPC's either faceless or max-ed out monstrousities? If so, give it up. If he can run some decent plots are put forth some realistic NPC's, he isn't hopeless.

• 2 months later...

I am sorry agian this tiem the post was unreadable as I was only puting down half what was going on in my head..I got rid of it for this..THe start of this thread started off I can may a q-bolt that is linked with a lot of other q-bolts,and has a lot of extras.. by takign a lot fo weaknesses I cna make it cost next to nothing. I was pointing out you could do the same thing with force feild. THuse the infanite force meets the infanite mass.

And the rest was junk about how power gaming should be left to games where either everyone is playing power gaming,everyone is drink or your the only player.

[ 10-19-2002: Message edited by: SandY Davis- Miss-Fortune ]

Seriously, I have no clue as to what you just tried to say. You are chopping up words and just throwing them out there. Slow down, reread your posts before you submit them and correct them so that they are at least legible.

I welcome anyone who wants to be involved here, the more the bloody merrier, but please, don't make it painful. None of us are perfect, we all make the occasional error, but at a certain point it becomes unbearable.

Archived