Stonewall

Hello, all. I've lurked for quite a while, and would like to finally introduce myself.

Call me Stonewall. My experience with the Aberrent world has been fairly divergent from most - diverging from the established storyline significantly.

I hope that some of the background you will come to know about me will provide at least some amusement, perhaps provide me with some insight as to how some of the established membership might meet the challenges we are facing.

My background story is much more akin to "The Authority" and the science fiction novels detailing the "Uplift Wars" than holding to the Aberrant storyline. We have become involved in traveling to alternate and parallel histories, formed colonies in remote regions of the Galaxy, and deal in realms of raw power generally referred to as the "Earth Shakin' Power o' the Gods" level. I'm sure those who prefer canon-level characters would find our game to be outrageously twinkish. As a Gamemaster, I'm fairly used to that - I've run Amber Diceless RPG for about 10 years now.

So, enough introductions. Nice to meet you.

Stonewall

I'm glad you decided to join in.

I'm glad to hear someone mention Amber, as I haven't heard it in a while. I loved the books, and always wanted to play the game, but never could find a group willing to go completely diceles. Since you obviously have a lot of experience with it, how would you describe the game? Do you have any suggestions on trying to get people interested in it?

Seeing as Apep, Ashnod,Sandy,Jager, Bas, and a few other I can't think off off hand have q of 6 plus.Not really twickishas long as you have fun.And are not q 10+ starting.

I see it as power gaming or twicking when the players have nothing to fear.Like a 30 point nova in a game of vampire...

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all. Things are progressing nicely in the game - we've had a breakthrough game and have actually achieved a long-term goal. Our game this week has it's 1-year realtime anniversary, and we've finally uncovered the long-sought Patrons of Humankind. Unfortunately, the Race that sponsored Human Uplift us is dead, but we have several brother and sister races. Ironically enough, one of them has been one of our worst enemies thus far.

It's amazing how nice people become when they suddenly learn you're related. : )

Amber is one of our favorite games, Chosen. We have just finished up a 7-year campaign. As a GM I know it's a good game when I can make someone cry. Our last game, I got had 5 people in tears. I felt it was a very appropriate end to a game we had all invested so much time and effort into. It's a very good game system, but much like Soryteller requires a LOT of trust from the players and Gamemaster. It is the ultimate in free-form gaming, and has few limits. Characters are capable (Much like in Aberrent) of almost anything, within the scope of their design and persona.

Widget, Arek, Walker, Endeavor, thanks for the welcome. Miss Fortune, I'm not entirely sure if that was a hello or not, but I'll consider it such.

As introductions are done, I'm wondering if there would be interest on this board in some of the storyline we've gone through so far. Again, we are fairly far from Canon in the course of Events, but we've had a heck of a lot of fun.

Cheers,

Stonewall

Archived