Pow-wow Council

Wakinyan

Hello all!

I am getting prepared to begin the Pow Wow thread. It should begin by the 21st (hopefully)

I am launching this discussion thread a bit early just to let everyone it should be starting soon and answer any questions people who are coming might have.

"You will believe a Griffin can Sundance."

Well, since ronin would find the act of getting Sakurako blitzed just to see her make a goof of herself to be totally tasteless and puerile, I suppose he'll just have to get someone else to do his dirty work. ^_~

Quote:
Originally posted by ronin:
Well, since ronin would find the act of getting Sakurako blitzed just to see her make a goof of herself to be totally tasteless and puerile, I suppose he'll just have to get someone else to do his dirty work. ^_~
Whodja have in mind? Eh? *wink wink, nudge nudge*

Well, as a player, I wouldn't be totally against the idea of someone, say, allowing her to have a few too many... For the sake of comedic relief, of course.

However, as a character, I am staunchly opposed to this kind of treachery!!! :P

Quote:
Originally posted by ronin:
Well, as a player, I wouldn't be totally against the idea of someone, say, allowing her to have a few too many... For the sake of comedic relief, of course.

However, as a character, I am staunchly opposed to this kind of treachery!!! :P
Well, as a player and a character, I think it would be totally awesome. laugh

Uhm. Isn't it pretty much accepted that basic cutting damage, like from claws, isn't supposed to be aggravated? Aggravated is basically atomic bonds being rent assunder, massive radiation, thermal temperatures on the solar scale or absolute zero, things like that. I could understand armor piercing, always on. And, if they are always on, he shouldn't be able to sheath them, so whenever he walks he's tearing up the surface of what he is walking on.

Can you remember what Totem's first posts where about by any chance? Regardless it is one of the issues he has been trying to deal with since become a nova. And technically his beak is the same.The fact that he could so easily hurt someone is cause for a lot of his concern and his realtive inability to interact casually with the rest of the world.

However, if you want rule justification then think serated monomolecular edges. (Keep in mind the extra states clearly they it can be added to any power that does lethal or bashing damage.)

The description of aggravated is also pretty specific if I remember correctly. Basic cutting edges, even monomolecular, don't qualify. Like I said, they more than qualify for armor piercing, but not agg. Agg is supposed to be pretty rare and very exotic.

FYI, the Super-heavey adds Only +4/+4 soak, not +4 per level. You are still +5 difficulty to be hit, though.

Otherwise, you would lose -3 Inititive, -2 walking, -5 running/sprinting, and -1 all Dex-based skills/level.

Also, M-Str. adds to STRENGTH Rolls, not SKILL rolls. (pg. 156)

The Aggravated Extra converts all damage to [Quantum] plus successes on the SKILL rolls. (pg.231)

The Mega-Str. Damage does not convert to Aggravated.

Thus, Aggravated Claws do [Q] plus successes on either a Str.+Brawl, or Dex+Martial Arts attack roll.

It is not a way for a player to do more damage than the Disintegrate power with Q:1, Str.(5)/M-Str.(2), and Claws(1)+Agg Extra.

Other than the Agg/AP confusion, the rest to me looks like just math errors and mistaken ideas.

I'd put the pitchforks and torches down. I've made some mistakes like this in games.

Let's just have fun at the Pow-Wow, okay? We don't need no steenkin' stats for a festival.

Unless you plan on Nippontai, PU, and the top 5 DeVries elites showing up to invite us for a command performance rumble. >.<

I'm serious now. I'd like to see everyone, instead of either brooding or picking fights, relaxing and having a good time.

I mean, damn. More crazy and interesting things happen in reverie than in battle at times. Trust me, I've been there. It's called a Convention.

I didn't unleash the beast at Lemmy's party because I was in RL conflict at the time. It's '04 now, and I'm primed to go off like a party favor.

Besides, if she wasn't coming, the tribe wouldn't be able to enjoy the solar-powered environmentally safe air-conditioning of a large festival dome!

Hey, it get hot in the western part of the dakotas this time of year. I should know. I've been through there. 100 degree heat is the norm at times.

In any case, Sakurako does like to show off her toys anyways. Even if it an inflatable dome that could be a comfortable venue for 5000!

All she wants to do is prove to Daedalus that she could build such a structure/device.

The first part of the Pow-Wow is now posted. This is events that are taking place prior to the opening ceremony itself that will be posted later this week or next. In the mean time we can open this up a bit. Feel free to add what your character would be doing or if they meet up with each other and so on. Keep in mind this is Opening day of a thirty day event so only show up if you want to be there on the first day. Here are a few notes to keep in mind.

Most obvious Novas will be told on arrival by Sheriff White Elk that the press has been asked not to hassle them. If they do bother them excessively to report it to him a deputy or event staff and they will take care of it. He is a very charismatic man and seems to honestly care about Novas being treated well while they are here.

The fairgrounds which sits next to large lake Oglala, are covered in all forms of structures. From Sakurako's ultramodern AC domes, traditional Tee pees all way to trailers you see at county fairs selling cold drinks and open fire pit bison and pig roasts. Many of the larger structures are dinning halls and arts and craft areas. The center of the fairgrounds is a large stand where rodeos are often held. Stand seating is around ten thousand and look rather new being built to hold the number of visitors that have come this year. Twice as many people can sit on the sloping hillside that the stands are built next to.

Feel free to post any details you would like into this story and arrival. I welcome everyone to add their own creativity into this!

If you have a question on how you think something would look or feel just PM or post it here.

My internet connection has been GHETTO lately. They're fixing a persistant bug with the connection. I think they're getting close to a system upgrade that'll let me use the net FOR REAL! (Yay! No more Lynx!) In any case, if I fall silent for a day or two, that's the reason...

Oh, Juny 2nd through July 4th I'll be at CONvergence, so no entries then either.

Otherwise I'll try my best to keep up.

• 2 weeks later...

The second act will now be posted under a new thread. Feel free to keep posting in the first thread but keep in mind that you would have around 10 minutes to go before the ceremony was set to begin. Be sure to make your way to the stands and what not.

When you post in the second act be sure to write in such a manner that interacts with what is happening during the ceremony. Not just reacting after it is over. Be creative and interact with the baselines around you or whatever.

Anyway hope you enjoy it!

• 2 weeks later...

We are one day one still actually. I am however gettign ready to move to the July 4th update.

Keep in mind I fully expect people to come and go during the month it takes place. Also don't feel you need require me to be involved in the story. Go have fun enjoy yourselves. I can think of at least a few couples who could take the time there to their advantage.

Expect my July 4th entry this coming week.

• 4 weeks later...

For all who may find it helpful.

I rolled Totem's intimidation check on WW's auto roller and it was an amazing 9 successes. So the moment when Totem's wings unfurl and he roars is incredible to say the least. smile

Not important but I felt like braggin. laugh

Archived