Weirder Stuff Project#2 - The Song Remains The Same

WS ST

Bannon's Theme:  My Name Is Ruin - by Gary Numan  Explains itself, really.

Bannon's Playlist: (Note that Jase doesn't express his musical tastes or preferences in company.  He just goes with whatever others are listening to and doesn't venture his own opinion if the conversation turns to music.  Though he's been seen sometimes with earphones in listening to music, thus far nobody has drawn him out into talking about it.) 

1. Creep - Radiohead - For those rare moments of self-pity, Jase likes to listen to this.
  2. Pretty much anything by Danheim, or Wardruna - Jase likes letting the harmonics, drum beats and lyrical singing transport him.
  3. Another Brick In The Wall - Of course!
  4. Welcome To The Jungle - GnR - Blame Lilly for this - Jase has picked up a taste for GnR, AC/DC and other classic rock from her.
  5. Violin Concertos - Bach - Jase finds focusing on the intricate notes and harmonies distracts him when he is feeling volatile.

NPC Bonus Round:  Hank Graskle

Hank's Theme:  Simple Man - Lynyrd Skynyrd - Hank is a man of great potential violence held in check by rigid discipline, who works hard to live a simple life by his own code of honour.  A perfect mentor for Jase.

Playlist:

1. Brothers in Arms - Dire Straits  - In his sentimental moments, Hank remembers comrades he left behind.
  2. God's Country - Blake Shelton - Hank always liked this song, and likes it even more after hearing Lona's version.
  3. Six Blade Knife - Dire Straits -  In case it wasn't obvious, Hank likes Dire Straits.

Weirder Stuff theme song:
People Are Strange - The Doors  
- For that nice outsider / alienation theme.  Some of the characters are outsiders anyway, others think they're normal or well-adjusted - Neither have a clue how deep the rabbit hole goes.  Or how many of the town's authority figures are in on it.

Sara’s Theme; Paint It Black by Hidden Citizens   Sara has a lot of repressed anger stemming from her parents divorce, the teasing she endured, her mother. He weightlifting anf boxing are a way to channel that anger, this song represents the ever present anger underneath everything else.

Sara’s Playlist - Sara's taste in music is heavily influenced by her Dad who is old school blues/rock driven. Sara herself has no musical talent nor is she one who needs to have music playing constantly, while she appriciates music it doesn't move her, she waould rather work out or sit quitetly somewhere and read a book..

1 - The River - Blues Saraceno

2 - Go West The Cult

3 - Sympathy For The Devil - Motorhead

4 - Sultans of Swing Live - Dire Straits

5 – Bohemian Rhapsody - P!nk Live  - one of the few artists that Sara chose to like on her own. Pink's attitude of rebellious individuality and total be yourself message make her the one artist that She identifies with.

Theme Submission  Tears of the Dragon  Bruce Dickinson

Terry Cox Goth Chick

Theme – Black No. 1  Type O Negative

1   Lucretia My Reflection   Sisters of Mercy

2  Cry Little Sister Marilyn Manson

3  Nymphetamine Fix  Cradle of Filth

Clara's Theme: Shatter Me by Lindsey Stirling ft. Lizzie Hale (Honorable Mention: Be My Escape by Relient K.)

1. Pain - Three Days Grace - She likes the angry vibe and that's it's still lyrical. She's listened to it a lot over the past couple of months. It's older music, but she trends that way anyways.
  2. Cold - Breaking Benjamin - She can't explain to anyone why she likes this song, but it always makes it onto her playlists, even the really short ones. 
  3. Walk on Water - 30 Seconds to Mars - Clara hates how the world is burning down around her and the adults seem either frozen or deeply complicit. This is her "angry at things she can't do anything about."
  4. Voodoo - Godsmack - Godsmack is always a hot or cold thing for Clara. She thinks the songs can be a bit whiny, but sometimes it's exactly what she wants to hear. Voodoo is one of her go-to's in general, when she's feeling more mellow. 
  5. American Idiot - Green Day - Her angsty teen anthem. You know she's annoyed with life if you hear this around her.

Game Theme:  I Will Follow You Into the Dark by Death Cab For Cutie

Etienne's Theme: A Million Pieces - Sam Tsui - For all sorts of reasons....

1. Human - Rag'n'Bone Man - Etienne's work song. Hospitals are brutal on people's emotional equilibrium, and this song speaks to his feelings about how doctors and nurses are seen and treated by patients and family.
  2. Cups - Anna Kendrik - An unabashed fan of musicals, covers, shows like Glee, and just fun singing, Etienne doesn't have a professional voice, but his steering wheel has never complained. 
  3. Put Your Records On - Corinne Bailey Rae - Etienne loves pop-jazz and similar vocals, listening to the likes of Norah Jones and Corinne Bailey Rae when he's feeling mellow or needs to concentrate but wants music.

Devin's Theme: Pray For Me - As messed up as life and the world is these days who's going to do anything for you unless you do it for yourself first?  Set the example.  Don't be the example.

1. Straight Out The Gate - "Flip the sick and pray thou relate, damned and incredible straight out the gate."  Nuff said.

2. Even If I Die - Another stolen movie song, but Devin is always ready to stand and fight, if only out of irrational defiance of authority.  If the cause is actually something worthwhile... he'll bring war to their door.

3. What's Up Danger - Death can only catch you if you're standing still for too long.  Speed, adrenaline, danger, Devin's a junkie for the extreme stunts no sane person should every attempt.

4. Last In Line - Unlimited power and thrust into a world of darkness, deception, and mistrust and stuck having to figure it out on their own.  So many choices, how are they to know which ones are the good or the bad?  Sit back, wait, and see how we shine.

5. Stand By Me - 10 kids from all corver of life against the world and all it evils.  How are they going to survive?  Together.

Game Theme: Glory

Marissa's Theme: Sweet But Psycho - What?

1. I'm Gonna Show You Crazy - Are any of us really any more crazy than the others?

2. Hey Look Ma I Made It - "In the garden of evil I'm gonna be the greatest.  In a golden cathedral, I'll be praying for the faithless."

3. Can't Be Tamed - You can't change someone if they don't want to change.

4. Blank Slate - "Darling I'm a nightmare dressed like a daydream."  Without the drama, is it really worth doing?

5. You Should See Me In A Crown - It's heavier than you could imagine.

(I know Marissa doesn't get XP, but I couldn't help it)

Lilly's Theme: Royal Deluxe - "Born For This"

Lilly's Playlist: 

1. Creed - "Can You Take Me Higher" - Lilly finds the song uplifting.

2. AC/DC - "Thunderstruck" - Gets her psyched up to compete.

3.Gretchen Wilson & Alice in Chains - "Barracuda" (Originally by Heart) - Awesome classic rock cover that set her in the firm opinion that Gretchen Wilson is pissing her talent away on country music when she is such a great rock vocalist.

4. Poison - "Talk Dirty To Me" - Fun cruising and kicking back music she enjoys singing along to.

5. Killer Dwarfs - "Doesn't Matter" - The song actually speak to her with it's message and gives her strength.

6. Autograph - "Turn Up The Radio" - Just enjoyable 80's rock she groves too.

7. Babymetal - "Karate" - She likes the message and also the band just kicks all kinds of ass.

8. Rasputina - "Wish You Were Here" (originally by Pink Floyd) - Lilly finds it sad, but also beautiful and haunting.

9. Imagine Dragons - "Radioactive" - Helps her get out of bed and get going in the morning.

10. Sprung Monkey - "Get 'em Outta Here" - Just a fun song she LOVES singing along with.

11. Skylar Grey - "Stand By Me" (originally by Ben E King)

Workout/Running Mix

The Score - "Unstoppable"

Stereo MC's - "Connected"

Tantric - "Down And Out"

Eve 6 - "Inside Out"

Kix - "Blow My Fuse"

Danzig - "Mother"

Rammstein - Du Hast

Static-X - Goat

Dio - "Holy Diver"   

The Donnas - "Take It Off"

Drowning Pool - "Bodies" 

LL Cool J- "Momma Said Knock You Out" 

A Tribe Called Quest - Scenario  

House of Pain - "Jump Around"

Will Beckett's Theme: Gavin DeGraw - "I Don't Want To Be"

Will's Playlist:

Rag'n'Bone Man - "Human"

Clutch - "Electric Worry"

KONGOS - "Come With Me Now"

Steppenwolf - "Magic Carpet Ride"

Cade's theme: "The Touch" Stan Bush https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSh73d3TZcA

1) "Dream On" Aerosmith https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bAoq7k3tZ0

2) "Sorairo Days" Shoko Nakagawa https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKRUKalbx3s

3) "Bad Moon Rising" Creedence Clearwater Revival https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BmEGm-mraE

4) "Country Boy Can Survive" Hank Williams Jr. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cQNkIrg-Tk

5) "The Ballad of Curtis Loew" Lynyrd Skynyrd https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35Ipe_0kadM

6) "Iron Man" Black Sabbath https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aQRq9hhekA

7) "Hurt" Johnny Cash https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FywSzjRq0e4

8]  "Kryptonite" 3 Doors Down https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPU8OAjjS4k

9) "Danger Zone" Kenny Loggins https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siwpn14IE7E

10) "Eye of the Tiger" Survivor https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btPJPFnesV4

Game Theme Song Submission "It's My Life" Bon Jovi  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vx2u5uUu3DE

Michael Bancroft play list
Theme song: "Cat's in the Cradle" Harry Chopin https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUwjNBjqR-c

1) "Rodeo" Garth Brooks https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFT6Gkx7Cn4
2) "The Gambler" Kenny Rogers https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hx4gdlfamo&list=RDDFT6Gkx7Cn4&index=29
3) "The Ride" David Allan Coe https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2hJLa0T-Sw

Lona's Theme: Hurt by Johnny Cash 

Lona's Playlist:

1. Rearview Town by Jason Aldean - This song seems made for the kids of Shelly dreaming of having more, and she’s listened to it a lot more since Arthur moved away. She also listens to it more when she’s feeling trapped and restless.

2. Buy My Own Drinks by Runaway Jane - This song and its video are just pure inspiration for her. She doesn’t want a lot in life, but the ability to be able to pay for her own things with her music is a quiet goal.

3. I Do Too by The Reklaws - Lona listens to this song because it speaks to her a lot right now. It’s catchy but has enough philosophy in it that it makes her think, wonder, worry, dream… all the classic broody teenage musings.

4. Cristofori’s Dream by David Lanz - Lona privately listens to a lot of instrumental music, and not just guitars. She’s been considering taking up the piano in Clara’s absence, and this song always makes her wish she had started years ago.

5. You Don’t Know by Katelyn Tarver - There have been so many times that Lona’s ugly-cried to this song. It is literally what she wants to tell people who try to help her grieve without understanding what she’s feeling. 

Adele’s theme song: I Need Your Love by Calvin Harris, f. Ellie Goulding

1. She’s In Love With the Boy by Trisha Yearwood - this was Adele’s theme song while she was dating Clive (Lona’s father). This was her life at the time. Despite the memories attached to the song, this is absolutely the kind of music she grew up with, and she still listens to it.

2. Friends in Low Places by Garth Brooks - One of her favorites even still. 

3. Achy Breaky Heart by Billy Ray Cyrus - A fun song that always makes her dance.

4. Redneck Woman by Gretchen Wilson - How Adele aspired to be when they had the farm, and she still loves the song.

Suggestion for the game theme: Machine by Imagine Dragon - I like the song’s themes about being different and having power in that difference. I like the lines about not being for sale and not being part of the machine.

Main Theme: What else but Fletch?

One: Basket Case by Green Day. She likes the energy of it, and the lyric about giving yourself the creeps, and having one's mind play tricks on itself caught her ear.

Two:  Waiting for Superman, a song Cassandra heard enough to actually start to figure the lyrics out and found she actually really likes them as well.

Three: Believer by Imagine Dragons. The intensity of it, and the refrain of being a 'believer' appeals to her.

Four: I Can See Clearly Now this was a song that she and her dad both enjoyed. He liked to sing it 'I can see clearly now the brain is gone,' which she thought was pretty funny when she was a kid.

Five: Party In The CIA Beth had this playing once and Cass thought it was hilarious. It still pops up on her playlist sometimes, and never fails to bring a smile to her face.

CassDad Playlist

Theme- A Man of Constant Sorrow

1- All Along the Watchtower

2- Fortunate Son (STEPHEN KING MEMES)

3- People are Strange

Sean's Theme: Born This Way by Lady Gaga (Cover by Gabriella Metz), because Dude Looks Like a Lady is just too easy. ;)

Sean's Playlist
1 ) Skyrim Soundtrack, particularly Dragonborn and Secunda, epic music from a heralded game that Sean has made mods for.
2 ) Soundtracks from various Final Fantasy games, Sean thinks Nobuo Uematsu is one of the best Video Game Music Composers of all time. Aerith's Theme, To Zanarkand, Terra, and more
3 ) Tales From The Borderlands Episode 5 End Credits Song, My Silver Lining by First Aid Kit. Borderlands always used licensed music well in their games and advertising, and this one gets Sean in a good mood, while he's actually pissed that Telltale games drove themselves into the ground.
4 ) The Soundtrack from Silent Hill 2 by Akira Yamaoka - Very atmospheric, the right music can really elevate a game and this inspire's Sean to really consider music for any video game he might make. Plus it's great and creepy.
5 ) Head Full of Doubt/Road Full of Promise by The Avett Brothers - No matter how bad things get, there's the chance for something better if you don't give up.
6 ) Can't Stop The Healing by Instalok (Can't Stop The Feeling by Justin Timberlake parody) - This is just upbeat and amuses Sean.
7 ) Melodic Wings by Shonsta - Sean just likes the sound of acoustic guitar since hearing his dad's amateur guitar playing for as long as he can remember (though his dad never played anything like this)
8 ) Wake Up by Arcade Fire - Listened to when Sean is feeling bummed, it doesn't particularly cheer him up, but it does fill him with the urge to travel, somewhere, anywhere out of Shelly, Montana, The US.
9 ) Many more Video Game Soundtracks
10 ) Green Day, Oasis, The Offspring, Beatles, Pink Floyd, Queen, Imagine Dragons, Classical and more from nearly any genre, to one degree or another, just to get exposed to a variety of music.

Game Theme Proposals
1) Live Like Giants by Extreme Music (feat. Dan Murphy)
2)Legends by Out Loud!

Laurie's Theme: Best Day Of My Life by American Authors (cover by Alex G)

Laurie's Playlist
1 ) Shake It Off by Taylor Swift
2 ) Who Says by Selena Gomez
3 ) So What by Pink
4 ) Pa Pa Ya by Babymetal
5 ) I Am The Fire by Halestorm
6 ) Mr Blue Sky cover by Dasha Safronova

• 5 weeks later...

This list is subject to change as new songs are added!

Spotify Playlist is here: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/204gvdj7azaoZk5QrVAAfT

Treehouse Tunes (Classic)

Goodbye Stranger (Supertramp)

Secondhand News, Gypsy (Fleetwood Mac)

Come A Little Bit Closer (Jay and the Americans)

Here Comes The Sun (The Beatles)

Spirit in the Sky (Norman Greenbaum)

Mr. Blue Sky (ELO)

Fox on the Run (Sweet)

Do You Believe in Magic? (The Lovin’ Spoonful)

Wonderful World (Sam Cooke)

Dancing in the Moonlight (King Harvest)

Jackson Browne  (esp. the “Saturate Before Using” album)

Spirits Having Flown (The Bee-Gees)

Brown-Eyed Girl, Moondance, Into the Mystic (Van Morrison)

Sunlight (Jesse Colin Young)

Seven Bridges Road (Eagles)

Amie (Pure Prairie League)

Owen’s Songs

Live Forever (The Highwaymen)

Only the Lonely (Roy Orbison)

The Cactus Blossoms (esp. The “You’re Dreaming” album)

Walkin’ After Midnight, I Fall To Pieces (Patsy Cline)

Bonus: Cover Tracks (Bridge Over the Generation Gap)

Teal Album (Weezer)(Africa, Everybody Wants to Rule the World, Stand By Me, etc.)

Mr. Sandman (SYML)

Summer Songs for An Autumn Girl (Modern)

Good As Hell, Truth Hurts (Lizzo)

bad guy, all the good girls go to hell, when i was older, &burn (Billie Eilish)

Gasoline, Nightmare (Halsey)

Looking for America, Tomorrow Never Came, Get Free (Lana del Rey)

Autumn’s Theme: 

Bron Y Aur (Blind Faith, Jimmy Page)

• GDP_ST pinned this topic

• GDP_ST unpinned this topic

Archived